Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: world opinions...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

from Sky News...

MIXED FEELINGS FOR BUSH

World leaders, politicians and political analysts have greeted news that George Bush has been re-elected as US president with mixed feelings.

Here are some of their views:

Russian President Vladimir Putin:
    "I rejoice that the American people did not allow themselves to be scared and made a right decision."

Kenyan Vice President Moody Awori:
    "The first term of Bush, he had come in as a lame duck. Now it appears as if he is winning very convincingly. To me I think we are going to see more dictatorship on an international scale. We are going to see more extremism come out of there. We are going to see even more isolationism where America will not bother about the United Nations. To me that is a very sad affair."

Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski:
    "Terrorism has to be rejected in today's world and in this respect George Bush is a very decisive leader who is right, simply right."

French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier:
    "We're going to work with the American administration. We have lots to do on current crises: Iraq, the Middle East, Iran, the challenges of the African continent, to rebuild, to renovate trans-Atlantic relations."

Former French Foreign Minister Hubert Verdine:
    "There will no doubt be a sort of hangover in world opinion since almost all nations, with about three or four exceptions... wanted a change. There is a basic lack of understanding, which is lasting and deep, between the American people and the rest of the world and it goes in both directions. The world no longer understands very well what America is."

Swedish Prime Minister Goran Persson:
    "I don't think we will see any significant changes in his policies. He is going to continue with the policies he believes in. Relations between the United States and Europe will be patched together step-by-step. Bush has not threatened with trade obstacles, Kerry did, so in that sense it might perhaps be a bit easier."

Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook:
    "I'm not sure in the light of the last four years whether the Bush team have got the skills to heal a divided America. Not only do we have a divided America but also we have a president who is highly polarising in his approach to world politics."

Spanish political analyst Juan Carlos Rodriguez:
    "Zapatero (Spanish Prime Minister) was counting on a victory for Kerry... The government will have to start making conciliatory gestures... It has been a bit naive."

Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi:
    "Whoever wins will be our friend. The United States liberated us from a dictator from a very long period of war and agony. We will always be grateful to America for what it has done and continues to do."

Palestinian Envoy to Paris Leila Shahid:
    "I am worried because President Bush has for four years been in charge of the American administration that has conducted a policy of war more than a policy of peace and which decided to put the peace process in a freezer for the last four years."

Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom:
    "In the case of President Bush and the candidate Kerry, there is no significant difference when it comes to their deep and warm support for Israel."

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri:
    "We urge the new American administration (whether under Bush or Kerry) to reconsider its positions regarding the Palestinian cause and other Islamic and Arab causes. Until they reconsider their policies we will continue to regard the US administration as hostile to our Arab and Muslim causes and as a partner in the aggression against our people."

Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer:
    "We've had a very good relationship with them for the last four years and I'm sure we'll be able to keep building on that over the next four."

Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi:
    "No matter which candidate claims victory, the importance of the friendly relations between Japan and the United States and the Japan-US security alliance will not change in principle.

...comments?

seems the most ringing endorsement comes from Putin

Hall Of Fame
    I want to hear what the people on the street say. Many leaders will tow the company line here with regards to an opinion.

I'll be in touch with many friends and family back home to get their take.

[quote][b]seems the most ringing endorsement comes from Putin [/b][/quote]

I would say our ally, Poland, is the biggest endorcement of Bush's re-election. Especially since they are, if I recall, #2 in terms of personnel and commitment to the Iraq Occupation/Democratization.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 01:31 PM
    [b] I want to hear what the people on the street say. Many leaders will tow the company line here with regards to an opinion.

I'll be in touch with many friends and family back home to get their take. [/b][/quote]
    Who cares??!!! Ef the your-a-peons!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 3 2004, 01:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY &#064; Nov 3 2004, 01:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 01:31 PM
    [b] I want to hear what the people on the street say. Many leaders will tow the company line here with regards to an opinion.

I&#39;ll be in touch with many friends and family back home to get their take. [/b][/quote]
    Who cares??&#33;&#33;&#33; Ef the your-a-peons&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You know CBTNY, your attitude of "F Everyone EXCEPT Conservative Americans" really isn&#39;t very productive. Some of those Europeans are our most staunch Allies, like the U.K. and Poland. Maybe you should show THEM a little respect.

CBTNY

You are the biggest jackass in the world.

You make Michael Moore look fair and balanced.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 3 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 01:31 PM

I&#39;ll be in touch with many friends and family back home to get their take. [/b][/quote]
    You know CBTNY, your attitude of "F Everyone EXCEPT Conservative Americans" really isn&#39;t very productive. Some of those Europeans are our most staunch Allies, like the U.K. and Poland. Maybe you should show THEM a little respect. [/b][/quote]
    You mean the way they do America??

My disdain is directed at Old Europe specifically..I have great respect for the eastern european nations that stand with America...and it is no irony that these are the nations tasting freedom for the first time while our usual "allies" (Belgium, France, Germany, the "streets" of Britian and Italy) think nothing of stabbing us in the back. All nations and people that American have spilled their blood to help free&#33;

the whole world stood with america after 9-11 and supported us going after qeada..
    Then those greedy war cocks invaded Iraq for NO reason and killed americans and iraquis for NO reason...
    I no longer stand with that America..why should europe....
    and that whole Fu-k the world except america attitude is why everyone HATES america and is willing to blow it up...
    we live in a global community...time to enter it and stop raping it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 3 2004, 01:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 3 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Nov 3 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 3 2004, 01:33 PM

You know CBTNY, your attitude of "F Everyone EXCEPT Conservative Americans" really isn&#39;t very productive. Some of those Europeans are our most staunch Allies, like the U.K. and Poland. Maybe you should show THEM a little respect. [/b][/quote]

My disdain is directed at Old Europe specifically..I have great respect for the eastern european nations that stand with America...and it is no irony that these are the nations tasting freedom for the first time while our usual "allies" (Belgium, France, Germany, the "streets" of Britian and Italy) think nothing of stabbing us in the back. All nations and people that American have spilled their blood to help free&#33; [/b][/quote]
    CBTNY, you don&#39;t have the first clue what the "Streets" of the U.K. think. When was the last time you were there. Do you have family there? Many friends? Unlike you, I do not need to rely on the papers or the internet to tell me what people in the U.K. think.

The U.K. governement supports the U.S.A. more than ANY other nation on this planet, and does so loyally and at great peril to themselves. To imply that because a few protesters there yap means the U.K. is not our staunch ally is simply ignorant and egomaniacal.

You would do well to get over this idea that only Americans (and Conservative ones at that) are worthy.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 01:28 PM
    [b] Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom:
    "In the case of President Bush and the candidate Kerry, there is no significant difference when it comes to their deep and warm support for Israel."
    [/b][/quote]
    ain&#39;t that the truth

All Pro
    Somebody tell me why we should care what Hamas thinks?

[quote][b]Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri:
    "We urge the new American administration (whether under Bush or Kerry) to reconsider its positions regarding the Palestinian cause and other Islamic and Arab causes. Until they reconsider their policies we will continue to regard the US administration as hostile to our Arab and Muslim causes and as a partner in the aggression against our people."[/b][/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 3 2004, 01:39 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Nov 3 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 3 2004, 01:33 PM

My disdain is directed at Old Europe specifically..I have great respect for the eastern european nations that stand with America...and it is no irony that these are the nations tasting freedom for the first time while our usual "allies" (Belgium, France, Germany, the "streets" of Britian and Italy) think nothing of stabbing us in the back. All nations and people that American have spilled their blood to help free&#33; [/b][/quote]
    CBTNY, you don&#39;t have the first clue what the "Streets" of the U.K. think. When was the last time you were there. Do you have family there? Many friends? Unlike you, I do not need to rely on the papers or the internet to tell me what people in the U.K. think.

The U.K. governement supports the U.S.A. more than ANY other nation on this planet, and does so loyally and at great peril to themselves. To imply that because a few protesters there yap means the U.K. is not our staunch ally is simply ignorant and egomaniacal.

You would do well to get over this idea that only Americans (and Conservative ones at that) are worthy. [/b][/quote]
    First...read Scottish Jets post and second, as a matter of fact my wife&#39;s family is from Italy and they regularly make trips back there...and I get my info first hand from her relatives, born in Italy mind you, who go back-and-forth. They even have disdain for the ordinary people in the streets of Europe who dislike America (of course they always frame as "we like America...but not the government".

Do me a favor...stop being such a damn hypocrite...it really is demeaning.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] CBTNY, you don&#39;t have the first clue what the "Streets" of the U.K. think. When was the last time you were there. Do you have family there? Many friends? Unlike you, I do not need to rely on the papers or the internet to tell me what people in the U.K. think.

You would do well to get over this idea that only Americans (and Conservative ones at that) are worthy. [/b][/quote]
    I thought the "streets" in NYC a couple of months ago was anti-Bush. Somehow Bush won, get it CBTNY?

You were duped by the very media you lambast.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55+Nov 3 2004, 02:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ShadeTree#55 @ Nov 3 2004, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] CBTNY, you don&#39;t have the first clue what the "Streets" of the U.K. think. When was the last time you were there. Do you have family there? Many friends? Unlike you, I do not need to rely on the papers or the internet to tell me what people in the U.K. think.

I thought the "streets" in NYC a couple of months ago was anti-Bush. Somehow Bush won, get it CBTNY?

You were duped by the very media you lambast. [/b][/quote]
    what is your lame point??

I guess I should thank the NY Slimes and See B.S....in trying to defeat President Bush they put the final nail in kerri&#39;s coffin&#33;

[quote][b]First...read Scottish Jets post and second, as a matter of fact my wife&#39;s family is from Italy and they regularly make trips back there...and I get my info first hand from her relatives, born in Italy mind you, who go back-and-forth. They even have disdain for the ordinary people in the streets of Europe who dislike America (of course they always frame as "we like America...but not the government".

Do me a favor...stop being such a damn hypocrite...it really is demeaning. [/b][/quote]

Who mentioned Italy? I spoke of POLAND and the UNITED KINGDOM, our #1 and #2 Ally in the war on terror, and two nations YOU besmirched above in your standard "Anti-Anything-not-Conservative-American" way. Unlike you, I have family in BOTH Poland and the U.K. (both Scotland and Ireland).

So before you try your lame "hypocrite" rant again CBTNY, why not actually READ what I write. When you label ALL Europeans as scum (which you do often, and did above), you besmirch our most staunch allies and that is WRONG, no matter how you try to spin it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:57 PM
    [b] [quote][b]First...read Scottish Jets post and second, as a matter of fact my wife&#39;s family is from Italy and they regularly make trips back there...and I get my info first hand from her relatives, born in Italy mind you, who go back-and-forth. They even have disdain for the ordinary people in the streets of Europe who dislike America (of course they always frame as "we like America...but not the government".

Do me a favor...stop being such a damn hypocrite...it really is demeaning. [/b][/quote]

Who mentioned Italy? I spoke of POLAND and the UNITED KINGDOM, our #1 and #2 Ally in the war on terror, and two nations YOU besmirched above in your standard "Anti-Anything-not-Conservative-American" way. Unlike you, I have family in BOTH Poland and the U.K. (both Scotland and Ireland).

So before you try your lame "hypocrite" rant again CBTNY, why not actually READ what I write. When you label ALL Europeans as scum (which you do often, and did above), you besmirch our most staunch allies and that is WRONG, no matter how you try to spin it. [/b][/quote]
    I did...I wrote about the your-a-peons&#33;

All Pro
    They forgot one...

Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda: "Crap&#33;"

flushingjet
    Really, who cares what the Europeans think about us? Most of us here are European ancestry , dont you remember why our forebears LEFT Europe? To improve their lives. To escape persecution and death. The lovely scenery, cuisine, couture, beautiful women & fine craftmanship doesn&#39;t outweigh its historic duplicity, hatred, ethnocentricity, cowardice and Anti-Americanism. Pathetic, really when all we&#39;ve ever done is bail them out of their failures with our blood & coin, time and again. We have a few allies we can count on, but others blow hot and cold with the political winds. They need us more than we need them, glad to see we are contributing to France&#39;s 10% unemployment. Now THAT&#39;s a bad economy&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Ignore world opinion of the United States at your peril.*

* see reasons behind September 11th 2001 attacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b] Ignore world opinion of the United States at your peril.*

* see reasons behind September 11th 2001 attacks. [/b][/quote]
    let me guess..you&#39;re another scum your-a-peon who believes America got what it had coming to it on 9-11?

Ef-off skirt boy&#33;