Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: world opinions...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I don't think a lot of you understand how American Policy & Culture affects the rest of the World.[/b][/quote]

And obviously the fool who wrote this has no clue.

[quote][b]But the Bush stance is more rhetorical than real. Having seen American casualties soar in Iraq and its troops make little headway, the White House knows it has to forge broader support behind its anti-terrorist strategy.....Vietnam is the primary example of the dangers in acting virtually alone. Iraq remains another.[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]But the Bush Administration needed luck and perfect management to pull off its unilateral Iraqi strategy. It had neither. Its base of international support has been too narrow to withstand its inability to sustain control of Iraq. And without such control its broader Middle East strategy was a non-starter.[/b][/quote]

Comparing Vietnam to Iraq negates his entire argument:

We were in Vietnam ten years, lost 58,000 men and never came close to toppling Ho Chi Mihn or his cohorts because of the restrictive policies of LBJ.

We've been in Iraq 20 months, have unfortunately lost 1100 brave soldiers yet have toppled the Sadaam regime and are in fact, working towards building a freely elected government.

If the rest of the world wants to be pissed at the United States and are basing it on half-truths and mis-characterizations as this article does they can go f^ck themselves!

Kangaroo F*cker
    Just the kind of ignorant, uneducated, hateful response I would only expect from CBNY.

The comparison with Vietnam was made because America didn't have a lot of international support after they began massive troop deployment. Remember Vietnam was initially called a "conflict"

If you don't care about the rest of the world that is your right. Just be wary that the more the USA pisses off the world the worse things will get.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] Just the kind of ignorant, uneducated, hateful response I would only expect from CBNY.

The comparison with Vietnam was made because America didn't have a lot of international support after they began massive troop deployment. Remember Vietnam was initially called a "conflict"

If you don't care about the rest of the world that is your right. Just be wary that the more the USA pisses off the world the worse things will get. [/b][/quote]
    And your article represents the typical elitist/contempt-for-America view most Americans have come to expect from those on the outside.

[quote][b]The comparison with Vietnam was made because America didn't have a lot of international support after they began massive troop deployment. Remember Vietnam was initially called a "conflict" [/b][/quote]

There is the half-truth...those with blinders on want to draw this comparison when, as I've drawn from fact, it is moot.

[quote][b]Just be wary that the more the USA pisses off the world the worse things will get. [/b][/quote]

Quite the contrary..the more the US subjects itself to world opinion and concerns itself with what others are thinking the worse things will get.

I gather you are from Australia.....so isn't more than coincidental that when the Aussies had a choice to make for their President; an incumbent who was pro-Iraq war/crush the terrorists by any means versus someone else, Howard won convincingly.

Kangaroo F*cker
    The main issues in the Australian Federal Elections last month where the Economy and Immigration. Australia has a small contigent of SAS (Green Beret types) troops in Iraq as well as a small peace-keeping force.

John Howard has told the US that Australia will not peldge any more troops for the "clean-up" effort in Iraq. There has been talk of withdrawing troops as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:44 PM
    [b] The main issues in the Australian Federal Elections last month where the Economy and Immigration. Australia has a small contigent of SAS (Green Beret types) troops in Iraq as well as a small peace-keeping force.

John Howard has told the US that Australia will not peldge any more troops for the "clean-up" effort in Iraq. There has been talk of withdrawing troops as well. [/b][/quote]
    and there were also hundreds of thousands of people in the streets of Sydney, etc, marching against the war and any Aussie involvment then threatening to give Howard the boot....just like here...and just like here the electoral went with the position of strength!

Kangaroo F*cker
    In the Parlimentary system you don't directly elect the Prime Minister unless he invokes a vote of confidence. The people voted for his party and hosts of others. The majority party nominates the PM.

Howard has made his position clear: No more troops for Iraq. The people of Australia can deal with that.

It is amazing what can happen when the Government realizes they made a mistake. Australia had made a commitment to the US but also realized the Citizens of Australia were not happy with that. So guess what happened? The Government listened to the people and said they would not send anymore troops and at the same time continued to honour the commitment to the US.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush thinks he is God's plant in the white house..this maniac thinks he is fighting evil and god is on his side...

he can't admit mistakes! his (far right christian) supporters also believe that JESUS will return..this return cannot take place until the jews own ALL of isreal/paletsianian lands...therefore there WILL NEVER be a two state solution (even tghough bush thinks so)..
    Bush really believes that armageddon crap..i am scared..i'm scared that the US could drop a nuke somewhere..
    f the hard core christians who want to bring on the armageddon...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet+Nov 4 2004, 12:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ScottishJet @ Nov 4 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by sackdance@Nov 4 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ScottishJet[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b] Ignore world opinion of the United States at your peril.*

* see reasons behind September 11th 2001 attacks. [/b][/quote]
    Is this a personal threat, or are you Osama&#39;s *****?

As a &#39;Scot&#39;, you got some set of stones coming onto a NY based website with that s**t. And losing a friend doesn&#39;t qualify you jack s**t around here, &#39;cause some of us lost more than a passing acquaintance or two. It will be a cold day in hell when I troll around sites in other countries forecasting terror in their lands, that&#39;s one thing I know. [/b][/quote]
    Hey tough guy, simmer down. I merely asked this question as a lot of people were saying &#39;why us" after that horrible day. A lot of it had to do with the way America, and Americans, were perceived by certain people around the world. Now after an election were the same guy who invaded Iraq has been re-elected, i thought it very valid to ask a question what would the people around the world think about this. My question had no malice to it. There are too many people who see hate and negatives in anything. It&#39;s very obvious that you cannot discuss anything in the forum without it being taken as an &#39;attack&#39; to America. [/b][/quote]
    Americans said "why us" because a good amount of us were ignorant to the Muslim culture, particularly the extremist views within that culture. We were ignorant to a lot of the history in the Middle East... not just in the last century, but in the last 14 centuries and more. Speaking for myself, I&#39;m much more informed now than I was on September 10th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:06 PM
    [b] Bush thinks he is God&#39;s plant in the white house..this maniac thinks he is fighting evil and god is on his side...

he can&#39;t admit mistakes&#33; his (far right christian) supporters also believe that JESUS will return..this return cannot take place until the jews own ALL of isreal/paletsianian lands...therefore there WILL NEVER be a two state solution (even tghough bush thinks so)..
    Bush really believes that armageddon crap..i am scared..i&#39;m scared that the US could drop a nuke somewhere..
    f the hard core christians who want to bring on the armageddon... [/b][/quote]
    now THAT&#39;S all just plain paranoia. None of that is founded at ALL. You&#39;re creating thoughts and opinions FOR Bush. It&#39;s sad that ANYONE would feel this way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    be careful palazzo...i hope yr right&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:12 PM
    [b] be careful palazzo...i hope yr right&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I know I am. Cheer up, bman. Things aren&#39;t all that bad. Too much gloom and doom. We&#39;re in some seriously tough times, but they&#39;ll get better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 4 2004, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 4 2004, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:12 PM
    [b] be careful palazzo...i hope yr right&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I know I am. Cheer up, bman. Things aren&#39;t all that bad. Too much gloom and doom. We&#39;re in some seriously tough times, but they&#39;ll get better. [/b][/quote]
    We&#39;ve been in far, far worse - and it wasn&#39;t that long ago&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 4 2004, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 4 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:06 PM
    [b] Bush thinks he is God&#39;s plant in the white house..this maniac thinks he is fighting evil and god is on his side...

he can&#39;t admit mistakes&#33; his (far right christian) supporters also believe that JESUS will return..this return cannot take place until the jews own ALL of isreal/paletsianian lands...therefore there WILL NEVER be a two state solution (even tghough bush thinks so)..
    Bush really believes that armageddon crap..i am scared..i&#39;m scared that the US could drop a nuke somewhere..
    f the hard core christians who want to bring on the armageddon... [/b][/quote]
    now THAT&#39;S all just plain paranoia. None of that is founded at ALL. You&#39;re creating thoughts and opinions FOR Bush. It&#39;s sad that ANYONE would feel this way. [/b][/quote]
    If any of Bman&#39;s kooky theories were true then why would Bush have allowed federal funding for stem cell research? If he was a hard line religious nut he never could have dont that. Of course logic has no place in the land on bmania