Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: christian right

a woman just called up wnyc.org from Louisiana..she said this is the first time she's voted in 30 years...and ONLY because she is a christian! she voted b/c Bush is against gay marriage!

that was the difference this year..
    F-k BUSH..this maniac needs to read the f-ing constitution..

Shouldn't Kerry have flipped on the issue? It worked on the other issues.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] a woman just called up wnyc.org from Louisiana..she said this is the first time she's voted in 30 years...and ONLY because she is a christian! she voted b/c Bush is against gay marriage!

that was the difference this year..
    F-k BUSH..this maniac needs to read the f-ing constitution.. [/b][/quote]
    I have been saying this all along, 99% of the people who voted for Bush are hardcore Christians, the other 1% are wealthy americans who didnt want the extra taxes.....

There will NEVER be any progress in this country and this world until people are able to get over there belief in god....

Religion is the #1 Cancer plaguing society...........

Kangaroo F*cker
    I believe there were millions of single-issue"voters in this election but to blame the Christian Right entirely is nuts. I think the biggest single-issue to a lot of voters was the safety of the Country.

The Republicans did a great job of putting doubt in peoples minds about Kerry's ability to guard the Country. I find it kind of sad that people would actually think that any President would put not put National Safety/Defence at the top of his list.

trully insane how issues such as choosing a spouse can get out the vote...
    I would like to ask you christians...
    HOW ON EARTH does a marriage affect your life!
    there is something like 10% gay population is this country..
    maybe 1% would actually GET married...

what is wrong with these christians...why are they so filled with hate?
    How the hell does a few chelsea weddings affect a woman from louisiana?
    it's scary

[b] a woman just called up wnyc.org from Louisiana..she said this is the first time she's voted in 30 years...and ONLY because she is a christian! she voted b/c Bush is against gay marriage! [/b][/quote]
    That's what happens when a political party adopts the moral agenda of hollywood as it's platform ... they find themselves in complete opposition with the majority of Americans who still have the audacity to believe marriage should be defined as a man and a woman, as has been the case since the beginning of time

Imagine that ... these vile Christians and unenlightened Americans actually having the unmitigated gaul to believe marriage between a man and a woman is an institution worth preserving ... GO FIGURE

it should never have been an issue...separation of church and state...

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Nov 3 2004, 04:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Nov 3 2004, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] a woman just called up wnyc.org from Louisiana..she said this is the first time she&#39;s voted in 30 years...and ONLY because she is a christian&#33; she voted b/c Bush is against gay marriage&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what happens when a political party adopts the moral agenda of hollywood as it&#39;s platform ... they find themselves in complete opposition with the majority of Americans who still have the audacity to believe marriage should be defined as a man and a woman, as has been the case since the beginning of time

Imagine that ... these vile Christians and unenlightened Americans actually having the unmitigated gaul to believe marriage between a man and a woman is an institution worth preserving ... GO FIGURE [/b][/quote]
    I respect your views on gay marriage, GJ & H, and understand just why you believe them. However, I disagree in the idea that marriage is so &#39;&#39;sacred&#39;&#39; that it must be preserved. What would declaring it legal for gay marriage to exist do to harm the institution of marriage?

If marriage is truly sacred, then why do we allow divorce? Because that has a lot less to do with marriage and a lot more to do with laws. Well, doesn&#39;t gay marriage have a lot more to do with rights than with religion and sanctity of marriage?

Homosexuality is biological. This is not opinion, this is logical and more and more becoming a scientific fact. Think about it, who whould CHOOSE to live the lifestyle of a homosexual? Who would CHOOSE to be pushed away from your own family and be considered an outcast of society? Therefore, when it is finally determined that it is, in nearly ever scenario, biological, then how can we possibly discriminate against them? They were BORN with this characteristic, they have no control over it.

Thus, treating homosexuals like less-than American citizens is like racism all over again. If we don&#39;t give them the right to marry, something that does more than just give legal rights to be shared between two marrying partners, then we would be effectively giving them less rights than the average American citizen, and I just think that&#39;s plain wrong.

[b]
    F-k BUSH..this maniac needs to read the f-ing constitution.. [/b][/quote]
    Today is the 3rd of November, not the 1st. If you can offer some insight, fine, if not cut it, shut, and quit already.

If we allow gay marriage then should polygamy be allowed as well?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bman: I never go to church, but I am opposed to gay marriage. A marriage is the union of a MAN AND A WOMAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b] I have been saying this all along, 99% of the people who voted for Bush are hardcore Christians, the other 1% are wealthy americans who didnt want the extra taxes.....

There will NEVER be any progress in this country and this world until people are able to get over there belief in god....

Religion is the #1 Cancer plaguing society........... [/b][/quote]
    I am neither of those groups and I voted for Bush, so can you please tell me (since you know so much about Bush supporters) why I voted for Bush?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40484000/gif/_40484021_issue_voting_gra203.gif[/img]

this is the best example, IMO, of why bush won: it isn&#39;t that the country is divided on either side of the issues, it&#39;s scarier than that: we are divided about [b]what the issues are[/b]. if your primary concerns were iraq and the economy, you voted kerry; if morals and terrorism are your biggest worries, you voted bush. more people were concerned w/ morals and terrorism.

i know many of you will pick at that ("how can bush and his war be the best option against terrorism", "kerry is a terrible choice for the economy", etc.), but the numbers don&#39;t lie, and many of the frequent posters here are at partisan extremes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i think the right to marry should be based on some kind of test for intelligence. it would solve a lot of problems, if not now, then at least in future generations.

hey, jetman, should we put that last part on your realty web site? that&#39;ll bring &#39;em in...
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b]I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags.[/b][/quote]
    huh, that&#39;s a real head scratcher... hmmm...

Bottom Line

As a Republican I WISH the democratic party will continue to overty or covertly {you ain&#39;t fooling anyone} support Gay Marriage ... this position on the part of the left {like it or not} is a huge net plus for the Republican party

However, as an American and dare I say it, one who respects the Judeo/Christian principles on which this nation was founded {i.e. as a member of the overwhelming majority}, I would hope the democratic party will finally abandon this assault on middle American values they have so grown to detest

MAYBE THEN middle Americans will have a true coherent choice on election day, with neither man being flatout hostile towards their most deeply held beliefs

do people in the midwest think that gays will eat thir babies...
    if you can&#39;t see that they are prejudiced policies than you are blind...there used to be laws forcing blacks to use separate fountains...now there will be laws stopping gays from enjoying a committed marital relationship...
    what&#39;s wrong with these people?

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags. [/b][/quote]
    What, so just because you dont want to take the effort to explain something important to your children, you think its wrong?

Your parents never had to worry about gays because this was the same generation that HAMMERED people for being homosexual. Why do you think gay people took SO LONG to finally be open about it? It&#39;s ridiculous how much persecution they&#39;ve been under for SOMETHING THEY CANNOT CONTROL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Personally I could care less either way except when you consider the money, OUR money, that is being spent fighting this by both sides.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:53 PM
    [b] do people in the midwest think that gays will eat thir babies...
    if you can&#39;t see that they are prejudiced policies than you are blind...there used to be laws forcing blacks to use separate fountains...now there will be laws stopping gays from enjoying a committed marital relationship...
    what&#39;s wrong with these people? [/b][/quote]
    Like I said ... as a Republican I HOPE the democrat party will continue to insult middle America in this regard, in so many words comparing them to slave owners and bigots simply because they wish to preserve the institution of marriage as it has been known since the beginning of time

So you folks just keep attacking middle America for their values, and middle America will continue to answer your attacks on election day

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Nov 3 2004, 03:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetsfan80 @ Nov 3 2004, 03:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetman67[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags. [/b][/quote]
    What, so just because you dont want to take the effort to explain something important to your children, you think its wrong?

Your parents never had to worry about gays because this was the same generation that HAMMERED people for being homosexual. Why do you think gay people took SO LONG to finally be open about it? It&#39;s ridiculous how much persecution they&#39;ve been under for SOMETHING THEY CANNOT CONTROL. [/b][/quote]
    Can pedofiles controll themselves? Are they born that way or do they chose do rape children?