All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask the Pope.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:53 PM
    [b] do people in the midwest think that gays will eat thir babies...
    [/b][/quote]
    hahhaaa.... Houston, I think we've found the problem.

Anyone feel like sitting little bman down and having "the talk" with him?

Blahhahahaaaaa........

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 3 2004, 04:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Nov 3 2004, 03:56 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-jetman67[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags. [/b][/quote]
    What, so just because you dont want to take the effort to explain something important to your children, you think its wrong?

Your parents never had to worry about gays because this was the same generation that HAMMERED people for being homosexual. Why do you think gay people took SO LONG to finally be open about it? It&#39;s ridiculous how much persecution they&#39;ve been under for SOMETHING THEY CANNOT CONTROL. [/b][/quote]
    Can pedofiles controll themselves? Are they born that way or do they chose do rape children? [/b][/quote]
    Weak. Most pedophiles are straight men. Not gay. Pedophiles live in a warped reality. Comparing gay people to pedophiles is ridiculous.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In what way will Homosexual Marriage, if ever legalized, affect YOU SPECIFICLY.

I hear alot of folks say it&#39;s bad and should be outlawed, but I never see WHY they think this (beyond a simple "the Bible says so") and I never hear how they will be adversely affected by such a legalization.

So enlighten me.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 3 2004, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 3 2004, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Nov 3 2004, 03:56 PM
    [b] I also blame the media in part for the Fruit Loop wedding fiasco. I have enough to have to explain to my young kids that my parents never had to worry about. I really dont want to be explaining about fags marrying fags. [/b][/quote]
    What, so just because you dont want to take the effort to explain something important to your children, you think its wrong?

Your parents never had to worry about gays because this was the same generation that HAMMERED people for being homosexual. Why do you think gay people took SO LONG to finally be open about it? It&#39;s ridiculous how much persecution they&#39;ve been under for SOMETHING THEY CANNOT CONTROL. [/b][/quote]
    Can pedofiles controll themselves? Are they born that way or do they chose do rape children? [/b][/quote]
    Weak. Most pedophiles are straight men. Not gay. Pedophiles live in a warped reality. Comparing gay people to pedophiles is ridiculous. [/b][/quote]
    I agree. And anyways, pedophilia is a CHOICE, and usually comes about due to events of your past, such as rejection by women, a need to feel dominance, arousal, depression, etc. Homosexuality is something you are BORN with, and should NOT be put anywhere near the same category.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b]
    Weak. Most pedophiles are straight men. Not gay. Pedophiles live in a warped reality. Comparing gay people to pedophiles is ridiculous. [/b][/quote]
    I dont think hes trying to draw the comparison that pedophiles are as vile as gays, just that he believes it is a disorder. Nobody has been able to prove fully if homosexuality is something are born as, or do you grow up to become homosexuals.

Not trying to put words in Chiefs mouth, but I dont think he was saying homsexuals are as bad as pedophiles, just that it&#39;s a disorder and people arent born that way.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:09 PM
    [b] In what way will Homosexual Marriage, if ever legalized, affect YOU SPECIFICLY.

I hear alot of folks say it&#39;s bad and should be outlawed, but I never see WHY they think this (beyond a simple "the Bible says so") and I never hear how they will be adversely affected by such a legalization.

So enlighten me..... [/b][/quote]
    You are making way to much sense with this post&#33;

Can anyone answer Warfish?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]If we allow gay marriage then should polygamy be allowed as well?[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]Can pedofiles controll themselves? Are they born that way or do they chose do rape children? [/b][/quote]

Where is jets5 when we need him to call a Red Herring a red Herring.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 3 2004, 04:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 3 2004, 04:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:02 PM

Please explain. I wasn&#39;t saying that gays are pedofiles. I&#39;m just challenging the idea that homosexuality is somthing people are born with. I think its possible that its a psychological phenomenon possibly due to experiences etc..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Nov 3 2004, 04:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jetsfan80 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 3 2004, 04:05 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] a woman just called up wnyc.org from Louisiana..she said this is the first time she&#39;s voted in 30 years...and ONLY because she is a christian&#33; she voted b/c Bush is against gay marriage&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what happens when a political party adopts the moral agenda of hollywood as it&#39;s platform ... they find themselves in complete opposition with the majority of Americans who still have the audacity to believe marriage should be defined as a man and a woman, as has been the case since the beginning of time

Imagine that ... these vile Christians and unenlightened Americans actually having the unmitigated gaul to believe marriage between a man and a woman is an institution worth preserving ... GO FIGURE [/b][/quote]
    I respect your views on gay marriage, GJ & H, and understand just why you believe them. However, I disagree in the idea that marriage is so &#39;&#39;sacred&#39;&#39; that it must be preserved. What would declaring it legal for gay marriage to exist do to harm the institution of marriage?

If marriage is truly sacred, then why do we allow divorce? Because that has a lot less to do with marriage and a lot more to do with laws. Well, doesn&#39;t gay marriage have a lot more to do with rights than with religion and sanctity of marriage?

Homosexuality is biological. This is not opinion, this is logical and more and more becoming a scientific fact. Think about it, who whould CHOOSE to live the lifestyle of a homosexual? Who would CHOOSE to be pushed away from your own family and be considered an outcast of society? Therefore, when it is finally determined that it is, in nearly ever scenario, biological, then how can we possibly discriminate against them? They were BORN with this characteristic, they have no control over it.

Thus, treating homosexuals like less-than American citizens is like racism all over again. If we don&#39;t give them the right to marry, something that does more than just give legal rights to be shared between two marrying partners, then we would be effectively giving them less rights than the average American citizen, and I just think that&#39;s plain wrong. [/b][/quote]
    That is true. I am not saying I support a GAY MARRIAGE initiative, but if Marriage is so Sacred..how come this country so readily accepts divorce? How can two people, married in church, before God, be allowed to divorce?

Divorce would seem to me to be the antithesis of the holy sacrament of Marriage. Also, why even allow annulments? I mean I understand annulments taking place when a guy was already married and therfore did not have the capacity to marry BUT why get it annulled or have a divorce...

Why not a constitutional amendment banning divorce?

Just curious? Where in the bible did it say that GOD is ok with Divorce?

SHould a person who goes through a civil divorce be thrwon out of the church???

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Nov 3 2004, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Nov 3 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b]
    I dont think hes trying to draw the comparison that pedophiles are as vile as gays, just that he believes it is a disorder. Nobody has been able to prove fully if homosexuality is something are born as, or do you grow up to become homosexuals.

Not trying to put words in Chiefs mouth, but I dont think he was saying homsexuals are as bad as pedophiles, just that it&#39;s a disorder and people arent born that way. [/b][/quote]
    You got it. They misunderstood my post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 3 2004, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 3 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Gainzo@Nov 3 2004, 04:07 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:02 PM

Please explain. I wasn&#39;t saying that gays are pedofiles. I&#39;m just challenging the idea that homosexuality is somthing people are born with. I think its possible that its a psychological phenomenon possibly due to experiences etc.. [/b][/quote]
    10-20 % of the population would have to have similar experiences then. It&#39;s no &#39;&#39;disorder&#39;&#39;. There is, in the most raw terms, a &#39;&#39;gay gene&#39;&#39;. Once we come to understand this as a FACT, gays will be accepted more easily. In any case, we cannot deny people of their rights if we want to live in a society based on equality. THAT&#39;S the point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:14 PM
    [b] 10-20 % of the population would have to have similar experiences then. It&#39;s no &#39;&#39;disorder&#39;&#39;. There is, in the most raw terms, a &#39;&#39;gay gene&#39;&#39;. Once we come to understand this as a FACT, gays will be accepted more easily. In any case, we cannot deny people of their rights if we want to live in a society based on equality. THAT&#39;S the point. [/b][/quote]
    I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 3 2004, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Nov 3 2004, 04:10 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b]

Not trying to put words in Chiefs mouth, but I dont think he was saying homsexuals are as bad as pedophiles, just that it&#39;s a disorder and people arent born that way. [/b][/quote]
    You got it. They misunderstood my post [/b][/quote]
    My apologies. I&#39;ve heard people compare the two before and I jumped the gun.

So you think being gay is not something you are born with maybe something happened in childhood to make you gay right?

My Dad has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. 1 of my Aunts is a lesbian. They were all brought up in the same household, went to the same schools, etc. They all had the same childhood and upbringing. Why would one of my Aunts be gay if she wasn&#39;t born that way?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Nov 3 2004, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Nov 3 2004, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:14 PM
    [b] 10-20 % of the population would have to have similar experiences then. It&#39;s no &#39;&#39;disorder&#39;&#39;. There is, in the most raw terms, a &#39;&#39;gay gene&#39;&#39;. Once we come to understand this as a FACT, gays will be accepted more easily. In any case, we cannot deny people of their rights if we want to live in a society based on equality. THAT&#39;S the point. [/b][/quote]
    I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you. [/b][/quote]
    How could I show you direct evidence? I&#39;m no scientist. I&#39;m telling you what I&#39;ve heard from nearly every knowledgable person on the subject.

And anyways, you are missing the point. Whether it is a choice or not has no bearing on CIVIL RIGHTS, which we earn by simply being HUMAN BEINGS. To keep gays from marrying is to make them LESS of citizens.

If you don&#39;t want to believe what I have to say, fine. I would THINK that you have heard some of this information elsewhere, as it is gradually becoming more and more general knowledge that homosexuality is NOT a choice. Like I said, why whould 1 out of 10 people seriously CHOOSE THAT LIFESTYLE?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you. [/b][/quote]

I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a "Christian God", or some other conscious and active Higher Power. Since it is, as you put it, a "fact", I would like to see these so-called facts.

Judge not lest thy own "Facts" be judged&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    good point about divorce...
    My problem with the hardcore christian right , now with their leader having another four years, is that they (just like other orthodox people, including Islamics) are trying to dictate their vaules on the rest of us...the bush admin really does mirror gov&#39;ts like saudi arabia&#33;
    They are trying to turn thier religious values into laws..That is scary and unconstiutional...

Gays in america just want equal rights..This makes 100 % complete sense to me...to do anything less is illegal&#33;
    Gays marrying does NOT affect anyone but themselves...some christians marriage will not be null and void&#33;
    But the christians want to force their dumb beliefs down everyone elses throats..
    that is just what the islamics are doing...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Nov 3 2004, 04:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Nov 3 2004, 04:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:14 PM

Thank you. [/b][/quote]
    There is no evidence of any kind of gay gene. As a matter of fact there is much more evidence that it is somthing that can be learned. For example there are women who turn to lesbianism because they were abused ar raped by a man. Similar stories exsist for men. The point is that it is possible that this is a learned behavior.

50 years ago it was unheard of for women to experiment with other women sexually. Today in college this is a common phenomenon (I&#39;m not complaining). I think it has happened simply because that behavior has become acceptable in society. Now picture that happening with men. Picture your son experimenting with other boys in college. Not a pretty thought. Somtimes taboo&#39;s are good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you. [/b][/quote]

I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a "Christian God", or some other conscious and active Higher Power. Since it is, as you put it, a "fact", I would like to see these so-called facts.

Judge not lest thy own "Facts" be judged&#33; [/b][/quote]
    When have I ever said there is a Christian God? Not once have I said there is a definitely a Christian God. And I certainly never said it is a "fact."

Don&#39;t put words into my mouth. You are trying to prove a point, but I would appreciate it if you didn&#39;t try to make up things I said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 3 2004, 04:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 3 2004, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Nov 3 2004, 04:10 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b]

You got it. They misunderstood my post [/b][/quote]
    My apologies. I&#39;ve heard people compare the two before and I jumped the gun.

So you think being gay is not something you are born with maybe something happened in childhood to make you gay right?

My Dad has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. 1 of my Aunts is a lesbian. They were all brought up in the same household, went to the same schools, etc. They all had the same childhood and upbringing. Why would one of my Aunts be gay if she wasn&#39;t born that way? [/b][/quote]
    All of your Aunt&#39;s and Uncles had exactly the same experiences as kids? Amazing&#33;&#33;&#33; I am a Republican, my brother is a Democrat. I like brocoli, he hate it. He is a Role Playing/War Game freak, I think it is a total waste of time. Just because you are siblings doesn&#39;t mean you will grow up the same or had the same experiences or even reacted in the same way to the same experiences.