Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: christian right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 3 2004, 04:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 3 2004, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:12 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Nov 3 2004, 04:10 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b]
    Weak. Most pedophiles are straight men. Not gay. Pedophiles live in a warped reality. Comparing gay people to pedophiles is ridiculous. [/b][/quote]
    I dont think hes trying to draw the comparison that pedophiles are as vile as gays, just that he believes it is a disorder. Nobody has been able to prove fully if homosexuality is something are born as, or do you grow up to become homosexuals.

Not trying to put words in Chiefs mouth, but I dont think he was saying homsexuals are as bad as pedophiles, just that it&#39;s a disorder and people arent born that way. [/b][/quote]
    You got it. They misunderstood my post [/b][/quote]
    My apologies. I&#39;ve heard people compare the two before and I jumped the gun.

So you think being gay is not something you are born with maybe something happened in childhood to make you gay right?

My Dad has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. 1 of my Aunts is a lesbian. They were all brought up in the same household, went to the same schools, etc. They all had the same childhood and upbringing. Why would one of my Aunts be gay if she wasn&#39;t born that way? [/b][/quote]
    I honestly dont know. I have an aunt that is gay as well. I think any number of things lead people down that path. That includes ocasionally a psychological disposition.

I know two brothers. Both grew up in the same house. One went to college, got a job got married etc.. the other spent time in jail, is a screw up, etc.. same thing. You never know how experiences affect people differently.

Maybe your grandma treated one aunt differently then the other. Who knows?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bottom line if christians do not want gays to marry then their respective churches should not marry them..but to make it a law is SICK..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetsfan80[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] How could I show you direct evidence? I&#39;m no scientist. I&#39;m telling you what I&#39;ve heard from nearly every knowledgable person on the subject.

And anyways, you are missing the point. Whether it is a choice or not has no bearing on CIVIL RIGHTS, which we earn by simply being HUMAN BEINGS. To keep gays from marrying is to make them LESS of citizens.

If you don&#39;t want to believe what I have to say, fine. I would THINK that you have heard some of this information elsewhere, as it is gradually becoming more and more general knowledge that homosexuality is NOT a choice. Like I said, why whould 1 out of 10 people seriously CHOOSE THAT LIFESTYLE? [/b][/quote]
    To say you&#39;ve heard it from knowledgeable people is a very weak argument. You can say you believe that it&#39;s not a choice, but to say its "fact" is extremely misleading on your part. I&#39;ve heard knowledgeable people say it is a choice, but it doesnt mean it&#39;s a fact.

I am not saying people go out and say,"I am going to be gay." Your explanation simplifies many peoples belief on the subject. Personally, I believe its a combination of things. Peoples upbringing and their natural personality traits. I do believe there are certain traits that can at somepoint lead to homosexuality. However, I do not think you are born this way.

Do I know this for sure? No, but nor do I claim this is "fact."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Nov 3 2004, 04:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Nov 3 2004, 04:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you. [/b][/quote]

I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a "Christian God", or some other conscious and active Higher Power. Since it is, as you put it, a "fact", I would like to see these so-called facts.

Judge not lest thy own "Facts" be judged&#33; [/b][/quote]
    When have I ever said there is a Christian God? Not once have I said there is a definitely a Christian God. And I certainly never said it is a "fact."

Don&#39;t put words into my mouth. You are trying to prove a point, but I would appreciate it if you didn&#39;t try to make up things I said. [/b][/quote]
    Of COURSE I am trying to make a point Brod-ster. I would have thought that would have been obvious. :blink:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP&#33;

Since no one has even attempted to answer my question yet, I&#39;ll ask it again:

In what way will Homosexual Marriage, if ever legalized, affect YOU SPECIFICLY.

I hear alot of folks say it&#39;s bad and should be outlawed, but I never see WHY they think this (beyond a simple "the Bible says so") and I never hear how they will be adversely affected by such a legalization.

So enlighten me.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Nov 3 2004, 04:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a gay gene, or something people are born with. Since it is a, as you put it, a "fact," I would like to see these so-called facts.

Thank you. [/b][/quote]

I would appreciate it if you could show me direct evidence that there is a "Christian God", or some other conscious and active Higher Power. Since it is, as you put it, a "fact", I would like to see these so-called facts.

Judge not lest thy own "Facts" be judged&#33; [/b][/quote]
    When have I ever said there is a Christian God? Not once have I said there is a definitely a Christian God. And I certainly never said it is a "fact."

Don&#39;t put words into my mouth. You are trying to prove a point, but I would appreciate it if you didn&#39;t try to make up things I said. [/b][/quote]
    Of COURSE I am trying to make a point Brod-ster. I would have thought that would have been obvious. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    With you Fish, not always :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] BUMP&#33;

Since no one has even attempted to answer my question yet, I&#39;ll ask it again:

I hear alot of folks say it&#39;s bad and should be outlawed, but I never see WHY they think this (beyond a simple "the Bible says so") and I never hear how they will be adversely affected by such a legalization.

So enlighten me..... [/b][/quote]
    It affects society and the sanctity of marriage. Think about communities that dont place a high regard on marriage and family. They are the poorest and most needy among us. Thats why people feel that the institution of marriage needs to be protected.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it affects NO ONE..just like my friends marriage affect no one but themselves...
    these hardcore christians are lunatics..
    I can&#39;t believe that the United States of America in the year 2004 is reverting to a saudi arabian style govt..
    moron bush may appoint up to 4 f-ing supreme ct judges....
    we will have less rights...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] With you Fish, not always :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I guess ya got me there Brody, LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: Like my good friend Jets5, I sometimes tend to wordyness and over-blabbing (as well as arrogance) when it comes to what I post on so many of these issues.....

At this point, I am just looking to post-whore my way to 2500 so I can be a HOF&#39;er and retire. This political forum is just toooooo stressful, LOL&#33; :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] it affects NO ONE..just like my friends marriage affect no one but themselves...
    I can&#39;t believe that the United States of America in the year 2004 is reverting to a saudi arabian style govt..
    we will have less rights... [/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.neddeh.com/suicide-missile.jpg[/img]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] BUMP&#33;

It affects society and the sanctity of marriage. Think about communities that dont place a high regard on marriage and family. They are the poorest and most needy among us. Thats why people feel that the institution of marriage needs to be protected. [/b][/quote]
    So, in other words, it doens;t affect YOU directly at all. Thanks for admitting that.

As for the rest of your post, it&#39;s all unverifyable blather, unprovable and mostly conjecture without a single shred of proof or scientific documentation to back it up. You need to do better than that Chiefs (er, actually you don&#39;t, since me and you debating this means absolutely nothing, and the voeters have clearly spoken, but don&#39;t let that get in the way of my overly dramatic debating of this issue, LOL&#33; :lol: :lol: )

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] it affects NO ONE..just like my friends marriage affect no one but themselves...
    [img]http://www.neddeh.com/suicide-missile.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Um, what exaclty is that? :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] BUMP&#33;

It affects society and the sanctity of marriage. Think about communities that dont place a high regard on marriage and family. They are the poorest and most needy among us. Thats why people feel that the institution of marriage needs to be protected. [/b][/quote]
    So, in other words, it doens;t affect YOU directly at all. Thanks for admitting that.

As for the rest of your post, it&#39;s all unverifyable blather, unprovable and mostly conjecture without a single shred of proof or scientific documentation to back it up. You need to do better than that Chiefs (er, actually you don&#39;t, since me and you debating this means absolutely nothing, and the voeters have clearly spoken, but don&#39;t let that get in the way of my overly dramatic debating of this issue, LOL&#33; :lol: :lol: ) [/b][/quote]
    How does pedofelia specificaly affect you?

p.s. since the election is over we&#39;ll be stuck debating crap like this for a while..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 04:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:35 PM
    [img]http://www.neddeh.com/suicide-missile.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Um, what exaclty is that? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    A literal example of someone with his head in the dirt. I saw it and thought of Bman

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a picture of what the Christian right would like to do to gays&#33; or anyone else who has opposing values

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] that is a picture of what the Christian right would like to do to gays&#33; or anyone else who has opposing values [/b][/quote]
    You know you laughed when you saw that..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 3 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 3 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM
    [b] BUMP&#33;

As for the rest of your post, it&#39;s all unverifyable blather, unprovable and mostly conjecture without a single shred of proof or scientific documentation to back it up. You need to do better than that Chiefs (er, actually you don&#39;t, since me and you debating this means absolutely nothing, and the voeters have clearly spoken, but don&#39;t let that get in the way of my overly dramatic debating of this issue, LOL&#33; :lol: :lol: ) [/b][/quote]
    Personally, I am not opposed to gay marriage. Whatever floats their boat, so long as I don&#39;t have to see what goes on behind their closed doors, I don&#39;t care what they do.

But my understanding is that it has alot to do with taking the next step...

Much like many people are against the legalization of Pot because the think it will lead to the legalization of cocaine, then heroin etc.

I believe many people are against Gay marriage simply because it "muddies the water" as to what a marriage really is. The simple minded ones will say "whats next, I can marry my dog?"

The ones that are a little more intelligent might complain because the cost of benefits will go up. Unfortunately, their will be a need for spousal coverage for health care that businesses will have to pay for. Underwriters will then begin to make the case about "aids" and what not. Causing the "class" of insureds to have their premiums increased.

The religious ones of the bunch simply find it immoral and reprehensible. And unfortunately, their opinion is just as valid as yours.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that Picture is very funny&#33;

marriage is a union between two people who want to share their lives together...
    people have children without being married..that&#39;s not against the law...people get married for financial reasons..that&#39;s not against the law...
    i can&#39;t see why gay people who simply want to live a normal life outide the closet should be kept from doing that...
    that is NOT christian...acceptance..love thy neighbor,.,..
    what a crock of ****e

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant+Nov 3 2004, 04:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetFanTransplant @ Nov 3 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Nov 3 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 3 2004, 04:34 PM
    [b] BUMP&#33;

Personally, I am not opposed to gay marriage. Whatever floats their boat, so long as I don&#39;t have to see what goes on behind their closed doors, I don&#39;t care what they do.

But my understanding is that it has alot to do with taking the next step...

Much like many people are against the legalization of Pot because the think it will lead to the legalization of cocaine, then heroin etc.

I believe many people are against Gay marriage simply because it "muddies the water" as to what a marriage really is. The simple minded ones will say "whats next, I can marry my dog?"

The ones that are a little more intelligent might complain because the cost of benefits will go up. Unfortunately, their will be a need for spousal coverage for health care that businesses will have to pay for. Underwriters will then begin to make the case about "aids" and what not. Causing the "class" of insureds to have their premiums increased.

The religious ones of the bunch simply find it immoral and reprehensible. And unfortunately, their opinion is just as valid as yours. [/b][/quote]
    Well said. Its similar to the way that libs oppose the laci peterson law because they think it opens the door to banning abortion.

The whole idea of the govt institution of marriage is to encourage traditional family structure. If there was no incentive then why bother getting married.

Lets say I&#39;m a single guy making good money. Why not just marry your buddy to enjoy the gov&#39;t incentives. I think the rule would open the door to more severe things that eventually would lead to erosion in the institution of marriage.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT post Transplant, well thought out rational arguments laid out in a meaningful and intelligent, but easy to understand, way. Good Job&#33;

Dude, sometimes I love it when you post. You are definitely one of the best here (regardless of what I might say when arguing with you, LOL&#33; :lol: :lol: