Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The South Defeats The North

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We have alot of Bush supporters on this website but the truth is that places like New York, New Jersey, Boston, Pennsylvania all picked Kerry to be their president.

New York chose Kerry over Bush. As did Washington by a tremendous margin and California.

That's not really a surprise to anybody. The big cities usually vote Democrat. The Big Cities are usually more diverse. While southern areas are more closed minded and old fashioned.

The South has risen again and as far as I am concerned, They won this election for George W. Bush.

I predicted that Bush would win months ago because of the south factor and because of how I felt that this country did not want to make a change in midstream. They wanted Bush and company to complete the job.

Kerry was a good candidate despite all the dirty nonsense spewed by the biast and closed minded party loyalists. I voted for Kerry because I like his ideas better and I wasn't happy with the performance of the current administration.

To use a sporting analogy. The Bush administration has had 4 straight losing seasons as far as I am concerned. Bush is an ok head coach but he's got the worst coaching staff. From Cheney to Rumsfeld to Ashcroft etc etc etc

My vote was for change and it was mostly against them. This country picked The Devil They Do Know over The Devil They Don't.

The North-South argument is a fascinating one to me. 9/11 happened in New York and we felt it the most and The Bush campaign used 9/11 as a badge of honor and New York still voted against him. Despite The Convention and The Guiliani backing.

The only thing that makes me most happy about Bush's victory is watching guys like Michael Moore go into hiding because they actually believed that they would effect this election and get the president thrown out of office. Nice try guys.

Unlike most people who follow politics. I am rooting for things to go right in Iraq. I hope that Bush does a good job at home and overseas although I have my doubts. It's a crappy administration. Their track record is pitiful. For the sake of this country,. I hope they make the right moves.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It made me sick to see the huge sea of RED all throughout the South last night. I guess my fellow Dixians are a bunch of close-minded morons. Most of the people I talked to who were voting for Bush had the same, old stupid reasons: "Kerry's immoral.", "Abortion", "Sodomites getting married." Iraq and terror doesn't enter their minds. I can't count all the reasons I voted for John Kerry, but it doesn't surprise me that he carried the South. People down here just flock like sheep to whatever's popular. They don't have a mind of their own, so they might as well not vote for someone who they'll have to open it for to support.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 08:11 PM
    [b] People down here just flock like sheep to whatever's popular. They don't have a mind of their own, so they might as well not vote for someone who they'll have to open it for to support. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, are you ****ing kidding me with this?

This is possibly the most uneducated, blanket statement I have ever seen.

You think that Northerners are miraculously smarter than Southerners, and therefore should have votes that count more?

No offense to anyone on this board, but have you ever been to South Boston? Or rural Maine? Or inner city Philadelphia? Or the old steelbelt towns of Pennsylvania?

You might just want to actually consider what you're saying before you go and embarass yourself again.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]That's not really a surprise to anybody. The big cities usually vote Democrat. The Big Cities are usually more diverse. While southern areas are more closed minded and old fashioned. [/b][/quote]

What an idiot statement...how about the fact the "big cities" usually have the greatest percentage of welfare recipients and they feel the rats are a sure bet to secure their welfare???....Or may the people in the big cities are so stupid they can't look past the letter "D"? If the rats put Pol Pot on a tocket he'd probably carry a majority for them in major enclaves!!

How about the fact that the candidates the dims put forth just plain suck??? You ever think of that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    YJF Fan..The South has been Republican since Regan..There was a time
    when there were Great Democrats..Men Like Zell Miller of today..FDR,HST
    and here's a thought on JFK who I also admired..He brought the US to the
    Brink of Nuclear War because of the USSR putting Missile's in Cuba.. Oh and
    by the way for you who love to use this Phrase..Cuba never attacked us either!!
    I enlisted right after that..Not to worry my Liberal friends&#33; There are still Americans that care about America ,so you Guys will always have the right to ***** and demean the Country as you please..And there will be no Draft as Kerry lied about as he always has since he came back from his 3-4 Months in Nam and then lied about our Troops that were still in Combat..Tell me YJF exactly what plan that Kerry had did you like?? And in his 20 years in the Senate what did you admire about anything he did?? <_<

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 09:47 PM
    [b] What an idiot statement...how about the fact the "big cities" usually have the greatest percentage of welfare recipients and they feel the rats are a sure bet to secure their welfare??? [/b][/quote]
    true, because there&#39;s always a huge voter turnout of welfare recipients out to secure their welfare.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, there is some BS being slung around here on both sides. very entertaining.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by isired+Nov 3 2004, 09:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ Nov 3 2004, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 09:47 PM
    [b] What an idiot statement...how about the fact the "big cities" usually have the greatest percentage of welfare recipients and they feel the rats are a sure bet to secure their welfare??? [/b][/quote]
    true, because there&#39;s always a huge voter turnout of welfare recipients out to secure their welfare.

man, there is some BS being slung around here on both sides. very entertaining. [/b][/quote]
    Yeh...the lopsided advantages kerri got from Philadelphia county, Pa and Cuyahoga county Ohio (Cleveland), Wayne county Michigan (Detroit) and the likes were based on the upper class from those areas coming out in droves to vote&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, there is some BS being slung around here by the non-informed electoral. very entertaining.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 10:52 PM
    [b] Yeh...the lopsided advantages kerri got from Philadelphia county, Pa and Cuyahoga county Ohio (Cleveland), Wayne county Michigan (Detroit) and the likes were based on the upper class from those areas coming out in droves to vote&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, there is some BS being slung around here by the non-informed electoral. very entertaining. [/b][/quote]
    right, the welfare recipients are what make those cities democratic. everyone else must stay home every year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you&#39;re perceiving YJF, but remember a lot of savy politicians on both sides came out of the south. It is very hard to defeat an incumbent especially when the opposing candidate is not outstanding or a big draw and neither was his sidekick Edwards. And Kerry would have never won Florida as long as bro Jeb is there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe my idea about the northeast seceding from the union and joining forces with miami and the carribean nations isn&#39;t such a stretch anymore. one of the reasons for the american revolution was the "no taxation without representation" so how long do you think people in the northeast will continue to pay federal taxes when they are not represented adequately in DC? why is it that New York and New Jersey are number 48 and 50 respectively on the list in descending order the amount of federal funding goes to homeland security for that state? "omaha must be protected at all costs, mississippi is ripe for a terrorist attack." get real, i&#39;ve had enough of this garbage and YJF is onto this "south will rise again" trend. Revolution, it&#39;s closer than you all think. i would envision the Atlantic Alliance would have trade agreements with places on the West Coast and major cities like Chicago, but maintain regional independence and adopt a mode of self-governence similar to ancient greek city-states.

Al Sharpton was clearly the best candidate in the democratic primaries, but him getting nominated would only happen in Bizzarro world. McCain should have been the republican candidate in 2000, but big business runs politics - its not about the best candidate anymore, its about who has the most potential to be influenced by corporatations. basically, who can be bought off with campaign donations that make the candidate beholden to the benefactor if elected. bush and kerry got nominated by their parties because their policies reflected who contributed to their campaign, and it&#39;s sad that is the reality of american politics.

And Savage, the South has been Republican since Barry Goldwater, not Reagan. By the way, my man Barry Goldwater once said "I honestly believe we would be better off if we could just saw the Eastern Seaboard off and let it drift off to sea.." so maybe the feeling is mutual..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Big Al NYC+Nov 3 2004, 07:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Big Al NYC @ Nov 3 2004, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Troll[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 08:11 PM
    [b] People down here just flock like sheep to whatever&#39;s popular. They don&#39;t have a mind of their own, so they might as well not vote for someone who they&#39;ll have to open it for to support. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, are you ****ing kidding me with this?

This is possibly the most uneducated, blanket statement I have ever seen.

You think that Northerners are miraculously smarter than Southerners, and therefore should have votes that count more?

No offense to anyone on this board, but have you ever been to South Boston? Or rural Maine? Or inner city Philadelphia? Or the old steelbelt towns of Pennsylvania?

You might just want to actually consider what you&#39;re saying before you go and embarass yourself again. [/b][/quote]
    I live in Louisiana. People are closed-minded down here. That is why Bush carried the South, because no one down here wants fags to get married, or babies to die. Meanwhile, we&#39;ve got soliders fighting and dying for us every day for no reason at all, but no one cares. As long as Siegfried and Roy can&#39;t get married, no one gives a s**t.

Don&#39;t curse at me, BigAl[b]NYC[/b]. Like you have any clue what things have been like down here leading up to this election.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The arrogance of Kerry supporters knows no bounds, even in defeat. People from the South are close-minded? Tell me, does a person with an open mind make such a crass generalization? Is it that unfathomable for you to think that people can disagree with you without being ignorant bigots? I&#39;m from the northeast and am very well educated. I voted for Bush enthusiastically. I can appreciate why people voted aganst him. I don&#39;t think they are stupid, or evil, or bigoted or crazy. We simply disagree. Is it really that difficult for your ego to handle the possibility that you guys could be wrong?

Democrats just don&#39;t get it, even after the last 10 years in which they have become marginalized at a fantastic pace. The GOP now controls Congress by almost 30 seats, and the Senate by 10, and has controlled the Presidency for 20 out of the past 28 years, and currently holds a majority of governorships. This type of broad-based support is NOT due solely to South Ignorance, no matter what spin, or fables you are hearing today from the DNC or the mainstream media. Hatred, arrogance, smugness, elitism - these have all been rejected, resoundingly and consistently. Saying that conservatives or others who disgree with you are idiots, morons, sheep, god-heads, close-minded or some other awful thing is not a winning strategy. Get over yourselves. Your party is a national joke right now. No President has ever been re-elected AND gained seats in both the house and senate. Yet, it happened. Bush won the popular vote, not just the South. 46% of NJ people voted for him - they are not southern fools. 48% of people in PA. Hell, Bush&#39;s % in MA IMPROVED over 2000. Think about it - he ran against a hometown guy and got more votes in that state than he did when he ran against a dude from Tennessee.

The democratic party needs to look in the mirror. Anti-Bush people need to stop the Smarter-than-thou act. Not only has it gotten to the point where is it spectacularly embarassing to them for it&#39;s ineffectiveness, it&#39;s simply and demonstrably not true.

Tuesday was a wake-up call. These last ten years have been one. Please, wake up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 09:25 AM
    [b] The arrogance of Kerry supporters knows no bounds, even in defeat. People from the South are close-minded? Tell me, does a person with an open mind make such a crass generalization? Is it that unfathomable for you to think that people can disagree with you without being ignorant bigots? I&#39;m from the northeast and am very well educated. I voted for Bush enthusiastically. I can appreciate why people voted aganst him. I don&#39;t think they are stupid, or evil, or bigoted or crazy. We simply disagree. Is it really that difficult for your ego to handle the possibility that you guys could be wrong?

Democrats just don&#39;t get it, even after the last 10 years in which they have become marginalized at a fantastic pace. The GOP now controls Congress by almost 30 seats, and the Senate by 10, and has controlled the Presidency for 20 out of the past 28 years, and currently holds a majority of governorships. This type of broad-based support is NOT due solely to South Ignorance, no matter what spin, or fables you are hearing today from the DNC or the mainstream media. Hatred, arrogance, smugness, elitism - these have all been rejected, resoundingly and consistently. Saying that conservatives or others who disgree with you are idiots, morons, sheep, god-heads, close-minded or some other awful thing is not a winning strategy. Get over yourselves. Your party is a national joke right now. No President has ever been re-elected AND gained seats in both the house and senate. Yet, it happened. Bush won the popular vote, not just the South. 46% of NJ people voted for him - they are not southern fools. 48% of people in PA. Hell, Bush&#39;s % in MA IMPROVED over 2000. Think about it - he ran against a hometown guy and got more votes in that state than he did when he ran against a dude from Tennessee.

The democratic party needs to look in the mirror. Anti-Bush people need to stop the Smarter-than-thou act. Not only has it gotten to the point where is it spectacularly embarassing to them for it&#39;s ineffectiveness, it&#39;s simply and demonstrably not true.

Tuesday was a wake-up call. These last ten years have been one. Please, wake up. [/b][/quote]
    GREAT POST

The liberals put themselves in this bind cause they have been hostile to middle American values for a generation or more ... and all the while labling middle America a bunch of unenlightened boobs

Is it any wonder middle America absolutely detests these cultural elitist snobs?

You mock their religion ... You mock their most deeply held beliefs ... You lampoon them at every turn ... but come election day you want their vote? :huh:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living in the New York New Jersey area there is a constant problem that the revenues we bring into the federal government are not at the proper level of appropriations coming back to the Northeast.
    Homeland security money is just one example of this. We have ourselves created this regional self interests-and not look out for the good of the country. This is what worries me about the control of legislation by one region and party.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by faba[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 09:43 AM
    [b] Living in the New York New Jersey area there is a constant problem that the revenues we bring into the federal government are not at the proper level of appropriations coming back to the Northeast.
    Homeland security money is just one example of this. We have ourselves created this regional self interests-and not look out for the good of the country. This is what worries me about the control of legislation by one region and party. [/b][/quote]
    Then the Northeast should consider getting off our cultrural elitest high horse and joining the rest of the country

Or we can remain seperated from our cousins to the South and Midwest ... continue to mock them as unenlightened boobs ... continue to lampoon their religious beliefs ... stay in the minority, but of course cause that makes us superior :rolleyes: ... the choice is ours

Cause I don&#39;t see Middle America adopting our cultrual values {or lack thereof} anytime soon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hammer this is still a country divided, even in the South. Bush won these states because the youth of America decided to stay home while the old folks sweated the lines.

The thing about old folks is that they die - as for the youth they will probably grow up and sell out and vote for Arnold in 16 years but that&#39;s life isn&#39;t it?

The Democrats are in fact incompetant but i don&#39;t buy that all Southerners are so different from the Democratic candidates - people loved JFK and Clinton... Gore, Mondale, Dukakis and Kerry have been sub par - just like Dole was sub par - it is a popularity contest and no one from the Bible belt was ever going to relate to a Catholic (secret Jew) named John Kerry - he&#39;s just not charismatic enough to pull it off in the heartland...

there are dumb people and very smart people on both sides. In the long run it is probably better that the country continue on the course it has set, as it is only through the failure of ideologies can people recognise and move forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 10:09 AM
    [b]Hammer this is still a country divided, even in the South. Bush won these states because the youth of America decided to stay home while the old folks sweated the lines.

The thing about old folks is that they die - as for the youth they will probably grow up and sell out and vote for Arnold in 16 years but that&#39;s life isn&#39;t it?

The Democrats are in fact incompetant but i don&#39;t buy that all Southerners are so different from the Democratic candidates - people loved JFK and Clinton... Gore, Mondale, Dukakis and Kerry have been sub par - just like Dole was sub par - it is a popularity contest and no one from the Bible belt was ever going to relate to a Catholic (secret Jew) named John Kerry - he&#39;s just not charismatic enough to pull it off in the heartland...

there are dumb people and very smart people on both sides. In the long run it is probably better that the country continue on the course it has set, as it is only through the failure of ideologies can people recognise and move forward.[/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.drokk.com/projects/cds/images/bebitter_back.jpg[/img]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the Democrats ignorance is that they have pretty much given up on the South- to ignore a section of the country and growing population wise is not a very smart move.
    They need a moderate option in beliefs to make inroads there and in the West-otherwise they are going to continue to be drive Republican stranglehold on the Presidency and Congress. Do not ask me who that is at this time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by isired+Nov 3 2004, 09:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ Nov 3 2004, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 09:47 PM

man, there is some BS being slung around here on both sides. very entertaining. [/b][/quote]
    I rent apartments to those welfare recipients and believe me when I tell you that they all vote. Those people are professionals at working the system.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:12 AM
    [b] Don&#39;t curse at me, BigAl[b]NYC[/b]. Like you have any clue what things have been like down here leading up to this election. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, I will have no problem cursing at you if you continue to insult me and my family (all from the South....must be idiots, in your mind).

Just don&#39;t make close-minded statements like that and expect civil responses from the people whose intelligence you&#39;re insulting.