Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore Cost Kerry This Election

I've been reflecting on the election season and theres one picture I can't get out of my mind. At the Republican convention when McCain mentioned Moore and the cameras showed his devil face smiling and flashing the L sign. I really think that when the American people, and especially Bush's base, saw that they got so worked up that they turned out in droves just to stick it to him and his ilk.

The Moore wing of the democraric party was so mean and nasty that it inspired millions of people who wouldn't normally vote to make their voices heard.

Did anyone see Lawrence Odonnel on MSNBC screaming "liar liar" like a maniack at John Oneil of the swift vets? Perfect example of the anger that eventually did the liberals in.

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 11:57 AM
    [b] I've been reflecting on the election season and theres one picture I can't get out of my mind. At the Republican convention when McCain mentioned Moore and the cameras showed his devil face smiling and flashing the L sign. I really think that when the American people, and especially Bush's base, saw that they got so worked up that they turned out in droves just to stick it to him and his ilk.

The Moore wing of the democraric party was so mean and nasty that it inspired millions of people who wouldn't normally vote to make their voices heard.

Did anyone see Lawrence Odonnel on MSNBC screaming "liar liar" like a maniack at John Oneil of the swift vets? Perfect example of the anger that eventually did the liberals in. [/b][/quote]
    I could agree that the liberal anger had something to do with the loss. I don't know if it made people turn up in droves, but maybe that the people on the fence were turned off by the anger and negativity that was presented by the Democrats. Words like liar and incompetent don't play well during an election. That coupled with the fact that Kerry never actually came outwith any sort of plan for any of the issues really didn't pull anyone towards him. In an election where you had an existing president with such a low approval rating all that needed to be done was to convince the American people that Kerry really WAS a "better option." Unfortunately, he never said enough to convince anyone that he WAS.

Hall Of Fame
    I watched F911 last night. It is hilariously pathetic, duplicitous, immature and just generally not impressive. It sacres me that people took it so seriously. You gys should watch it. It's honestly terrible. Anyone who takes it seriously is a fool.

kerry lack of hatred towards gays cost him the election..it's that simple..49% of america voted for kerry..the country has always been around 50/50...
    4 million red states people claimed that they voted for Bush because of his morals!

being anti gay marriage was morrally better than sending kids to die in Iraq for no reason...

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 11:55 AM
    [b] kerry lack of hatred towards gays cost him the election..it's that simple..49% of america voted for kerry..the country has always been around 50/50...
    4 million red states people claimed that they voted for Bush because of his morals!

being anti gay marriage was morrally better than sending kids to die in Iraq for no reason... [/b][/quote]
    Kerry is "anti-gay marriage" also. :rolleyes:

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] I watched F911 last night. It is hilariously pathetic, duplicitous, immature and just generally not impressive. It sacres me that people took it so seriously. You gys should watch it. It's honestly terrible. Anyone who takes it seriously is a fool. [/b][/quote]
    go out and get Faren-HYPED 911...its the rebuttal to that piece of trash that fat bastard put out.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] I watched F911 last night. It is hilariously pathetic, duplicitous, immature and just generally not impressive. It sacres me that people took it so seriously. You gys should watch it. It's honestly terrible. Anyone who takes it seriously is a fool. [/b][/quote]
    Geez 5- you're JUST like me.

I swore I would NEVER watch that garbage, (but in the back of my mind, I knew that if GWB won, that I'd watch it).

You waited until AFTER the election. Good for you. I'll probably pick it up now, too.

Just for laughs.

true..but he didn't want a constitutional ammendment banning it..
    Bush's stance gay marriage, stem cell (lack of ) researc, and abortion got him elected..it's trully that simple..
    for me it is scary..because for a lot of people, issues like war, economy and healthcare take a back seat to 'moral' issues like abortion and gay marriage...
    It makes no sense..because some louisiana woman may have lost her son in iraq..shge may oppose bush's war of aggression on iraq..but she voted for him because he is a christian against abortion and gay rights!!!

flushingjet
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] true..but he didn't want a constitutional ammendment banning it..
    Bush's stance gay marriage, stem cell (lack of ) researc, and abortion got him elected..it's trully that simple..
    for me it is scary..because for a lot of people, issues like war, economy and healthcare take a back seat to 'moral' issues like abortion and gay marriage...
    It makes no sense..because some louisiana woman may have lost her son in iraq..shge may oppose bush's war of aggression on iraq..but she voted for him because he is a christian against abortion and gay rights!!! [/b][/quote]
    Just keep repeating, over and over, the same nonsense,
    over and over, and over, its still untrue, same old anti-Bush rhetoric
    giving moral equivalence to claptrap.

Private stem cell research is not illegal. Despite it not being proven to cure anything, Bush funded, and was the 1st to do so (not Clinton) existing lines of research.

Morality is the foundation of our society. Sure its at odds with the 60s/70s hedonistic if it feels good do it mentality, but the responsible people in society end up paying for the mistakes of millions-poor education, substance abuse, out of wedlock children, crime. If you were a parent you would know the importance of life, that a fetus is not a piece of play-doh to be whimsically discarded.

This country's morality is based on Judeo-Christian values, and that's the way
    most want it. Not jihad, yoga, Zen, Confucianism, pyramid power, polytheism, atheism, agnosticism, secular humanism, animism , Sufism, Scientology, or Hinduism.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] true..but he didn't want a constitutional ammendment banning it..
    It makes no sense..because some louisiana woman may have lost her son in iraq..shge may oppose bush's war of aggression on iraq..but she voted for him because he is a christian against abortion and gay rights!!! [/b][/quote]
    bman, we get your point. We got the same point the first 50 times you made it.

Did it ever cross your mind that some people voted for Bush simply because they considered Kerry to be a spineless waffler who stood for absolutely nothing?

Or that so much of the country was totally turned off by the vitriolic "shriek loud/shout-down-any-opposition" eyes-bugging-out hatred for the President served up daily by the MoveOn.org crowd -- something personified in virtually every one of your posts?

If the democrats don't take this election as a wake-up call and start shedding the parasitic whacko left wing groups that have commandeered the party, they are going to continue on their undeniable decline into impotency and irrelevancy.

so no christians voted for Kerry?
    Kerry has no morals?

four million people voted BUSH in purely because he's anti abortion and anti gay rights...those people do NOT represent mainstream america..those people represent a fringe section of religion...who cares less about economy, healthcare and war and education than about those two issues

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] so no christians voted for Kerry?
    Kerry has no morals?

four million people voted BUSH in purely because he's anti abortion and anti gay rights...those people do NOT represent mainstream america..those people represent a fringe section of religion...who cares less about economy, healthcare and war and education than about those two issues [/b][/quote]
    Those four million people exercised their right to vote, and voted for the candidate that best reflected their beliefs.

You have a problem with that?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] so no christians voted for Kerry?
    Kerry has no morals?

four million people voted BUSH in purely because he's anti abortion and anti gay rights...those people do NOT represent mainstream america..those people represent a fringe section of religion...who cares less about economy, healthcare and war and education than about those two issues [/b][/quote]
    I tell you BitterMan, you get better at sounding foolish at everyturn.

How is it that "THE MAJORITY" does not represent mainstream?

The MAJORITY by definition IS mainstream. Duh. :blink:

As for your assertion that I voted for Bush purely because he's anti abortionist and anti gay rights, you couldn't be further from the truth. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Moore didn't cost kerri the election...he was a factor in getting conservatives off their ass and to the polls but he himself did not cost kerri the election.

What cost kerri the election is the pathetic nature of the democrat party.

I support President Bush but will be the first to admit he was very beatable on Tuesday and had the dims put forth a candidate worth 2-cents along with an agenda that middle America agreed to they would've won...but they didn't.

As long as the dims keep pandering to the radical left in this nation they have no chance to win anything. As long as the Howard Dean's of their party are legitimate and can sway policy, as long as they award people like michael moore by putting him in a Presidential box with Jimmy Carter (the worst President in America the past 100-years) at the DNC, as long as they continue to celebrate the likes of Robert Byrd, as long as they continue to talk out of both sides of their mouths they are finished.

And the proof is there....look at the entire election (President/House/Senate) from Tuesday.

Libs want to ***** that the "Christian Evangelical" vote won it for George Bush and moan about seperation between church and state but where was the black vote they were counting on???

Could it be that blacks see through the facade that "Republicans try to supress the black vote" and realize the truth- democrats have supressed black people in this nation for 150-years through their legislation and actions???

And while the dims try and "level the playing field" for black Americans with entitlement programs such as welfare or the likes of Affirmative Action, which in the end does more harm then good, could it be that black-Americans realize when the dims are and in a position to put qualified black-Americans into positions of power they never do?? Can it be black-Americans are finally realizing the dims offer them nothing and are all talk and no action??

Could it be the same for Jews in America?? Could it be the Jewish vote which has consistently gone heavy for the dims in places like Florida yet went the other way on Tuesday are realizing that morally and internationally they do not stand for thier beliefs??

Could it be American's are sick of listening to rocks stars and actors who have spent more time in drug rehab centers then college classrooms tell US how the country should be run?? Entertainers who lived privilaged lives none of us will ever know, yet want us to give more and more and more?

Extreme liberalism is what cost kerri the election and mike moore-on was part of it yet not the cause. As long as the dims continue down this path and shun the solid moderate people in their party, the Lieberman's, Bayh's, to the side they are done......

i never said that..
    4 miliion people claimed that they voted for Bush because of moral reasons fistr and foremost...

yes, a majority of american voted for bush..all i'm saying is that for those FOUR million people, Bush's stance and gay rights a nd abortions was reason enough to vote for him...
    Unfortunately for democrats, the hardcore religious right will always vote for the candidate who appears to be the most christian,..

I have listended to call in shows for the last two days...a lot of people who said they agreed with kerry but voted for Bush because of his moral views on abortion and gay marriage....

What cost kerri the election is the pathetic nature of the democrat party.

come on..gimme a break..I hate ultra cons just like you hate libs..But 49% of the country voted for kerry...50 million people...50 million people don't vote for a pathetic party...
    just 8 years ago Clinton won HUGE over dole...

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b] What cost kerri the election is the pathetic nature of the democrat party.

come on..gimme a break..I hate ultra cons just like you hate libs..But 49% of the country voted for kerry...50 million people...50 million people don't vote for a pathetic party...
    just 8 years ago Clinton won HUGE over dole... [/b][/quote]
    Huge over Dole?

Did Clinton get a majority of the US Vote?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:38 PM
    [b] i never said that..
    4 miliion people claimed that they voted for Bush because of moral reasons fistr and foremost...

yes, a majority of american voted for bush..all i'm saying is that for those FOUR million people, Bush's stance and gay rights a nd abortions was reason enough to vote for him...
    Unfortunately for democrats, the hardcore religious right will always vote for the candidate who appears to be the most christian,..

I have listended to call in shows for the last two days...a lot of people who said they agreed with kerry but voted for Bush because of his moral views on abortion and gay marriage.... [/b][/quote]
    How many people voted for Kerry because it got them a free pack of Lucky's, a hot lunch and a free bus ride to the polling center?

You're cool with those votes, right? Even though half of those "voters" couldn't spell either one of the candidate's names, no less tell you what either one of them stood for.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:43 PM
    [b] Did Clinton get a majority of the US Vote? [/b][/quote]
    never

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b]
    Huge over Dole?

Did Clinton get a majority of the US Vote? [/b][/quote]
    49% v 42%
    9% for Perot