Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore Cost Kerry This Election

Hall Of Fame
    In each election, more voters voted against Clinton than for him. He simply had the highest % of votes and the most EVs. The EV gap between Clinton and Dole was very susbstantial. But, nonetheless, Clinton never did what Bush just did, which is to get the majority of votes.

All League
    [quote][b]In each election, more voters voted against Clinton than for him. He simply had the highest % of votes and the most EVs. The EV gap between Clinton and Dole was very susbstantial. But, nonetheless, Clinton never did what Bush just did, which is to get the majority of votes. [/b][/quote]

Don't you think that had everything to do with Perot?

In this election, without a viable 3rd party candidate, the winner should have over a 50% margin.

Nader lost the election for Gore just as Perot lost it for Bush Sr. and Dole.

So to go around saying that this is some sort of mandate is rediculous. ~4Million people is not very large in the scheme of things. The country is bitterly divided as it has been for a while.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't say it was a mandate. It was a close race, no doubt...at the top level. But, I think the fact that the GOP controls both houses of congress and the Presidency is a pretty persuasive argument for their agenda, though.

It wasn't a landslide, by any means. It was a clear victory. The country was bitterly divided under Bush 41 and Clinton too. There have always been bitter divisions.

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Nov 4 2004, 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Nov 4 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:38 PM
    [b] i never said that..
    4 miliion people claimed that they voted for Bush because of moral reasons fistr and foremost...

yes, a majority of american voted for bush..all i&#39;m saying is that for those FOUR million people, Bush&#39;s stance and gay rights a nd abortions was reason enough to vote for him...
    Unfortunately for democrats, the hardcore religious right will always vote for the candidate who appears to be the most christian,..

I have listended to call in shows for the last two days...a lot of people who said they agreed with kerry but voted for Bush because of his moral views on abortion and gay marriage.... [/b][/quote]
    How many people voted for Kerry because it got them a free pack of Lucky&#39;s, a hot lunch and a free bus ride to the polling center?

You&#39;re cool with those votes, right? Even though half of those "voters" couldn&#39;t spell either one of the candidate&#39;s names, no less tell you what either one of them stood for. [/b][/quote]
    Great point. If you take out the hand out crowd the margin of victory is incredible. I think that people who live off of wellfare shouldn&#39;t have the right to vote.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:05 PM
    [b] [quote][b]In each election, more voters voted against Clinton than for him. He simply had the highest % of votes and the most EVs. The EV gap between Clinton and Dole was very susbstantial. But, nonetheless, Clinton never did what Bush just did, which is to get the majority of votes. [/b][/quote]

Don&#39;t you think that had everything to do with Perot?

In this election, without a viable 3rd party candidate, the winner should have over a 50% margin.

Nader lost the election for Gore just as Perot lost it for Bush Sr. and Dole.

So to go around saying that this is some sort of mandate is rediculous. ~4Million people is not very large in the scheme of things. The country is bitterly divided as it has been for a while. [/b][/quote]
    See the map in my sig then get back to me on your so called divided country theory.

let&#39;s only let white men vote

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:58 PM
    [b] let&#39;s only let white men vote [/b][/quote]
    Thats bigoted. You are a racist.

you can only vote if you are a married man with 2.2 kids, a white fence, a church card, and NO history of impure thoughts.....

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:04 PM
    [b] you can only vote if you are a married man with 2.2 kids, a white fence, a church card, and NO history of impure thoughts..... [/b][/quote]
    Not quite, I think it is reasonable that felony criminals as well as those living fully off the government not be allowed to vote.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[b] you can only vote if you are a married man with 2.2 kids, a white fence, a church card, and NO history of impure thoughts..... [/b][/quote]
    Well, genius, a couple of days ago EVERYONE had a chance to vote, and your side lost (in the House, the Senate, and the White House).

That includes [u]millions[/u] of blacks, [u]million[/u]s of hispanics, [u]millions[/u] of Jews and [u]millions[/u] of women who cast their vote for BUSH.

YOU LOST. It&#39;s time you DEAL WITH IT.

Who knew Moore was so powerful, and I thought he was just a film maker.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] Who knew Moore was so powerful, and I thought he was just a film maker. [/b][/quote]
    maybe the rats should&#39;ve realized that before turning him into an icon&#33;

Seems like both sides are making him into an icon. Means big bucks for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:18 PM
    [b] Seems like both sides are making him into an icon. [/b][/quote]
    really...I saw him sitting in a luxury box with a former-failed President at the DNC....where was he sitting at the RNC?? ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadeTree#55[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:15 PM
    [b] Who knew Moore was so powerful, and I thought he was just a film maker. [/b][/quote]
    He sat in the presidential booth at the dim&#39;s convention. I&#39;d say he was embraced by them. It was a bad move for them politically. Good for moore financially though.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 4 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 4 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ShadeTree#55[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:18 PM
    really...I saw him sitting in a luxury box with a former-failed President at the DNC....where was he sitting at the RNC?? ;)

He sat in the presidential booth at the dim&#39;s convention. I&#39;d say he was embraced by them. It was a bad move for them politically. Good for moore financially though. [/b][/quote]
    great minds think alike

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 4 2004, 02:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 4 2004, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 4 2004, 02:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-ShadeTree#55[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 02:18 PM

He sat in the presidential booth at the dim&#39;s convention. I&#39;d say he was embraced by them. It was a bad move for them politically. Good for moore financially though. [/b][/quote]
    great minds think alike [/b][/quote]
    hey Chiefs...were you on Freep Tuesday night/Wednesday AM??? Very intense...of course the counter site run by the rats, the DUmpster, shut it down from anyone on the outside freely visiting or lurking&#33;&#33; :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 4 2004, 02:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 4 2004, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 4 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 4 2004, 02:23 PM

hey Chiefs...were you on Freep Tuesday night/Wednesday AM??? Very intense...of course the counter site run by the rats, the DUmpster, shut it down from anyone on the outside freely visiting or lurking&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I was there. I even was able to get a Bush wins Ohio post in. 1 of about 100. The information there was great.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 4 2004, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 4 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 4 2004, 02:33 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 4 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 4 2004, 02:23 PM

hey Chiefs...were you on Freep Tuesday night/Wednesday AM??? Very intense...of course the counter site run by the rats, the DUmpster, shut it down from anyone on the outside freely visiting or lurking&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I was there. I even was able to get a Bush wins Ohio post in. 1 of about 100. The information there was great. [/b][/quote]
    PM me your user name....

flushingjet
    You can only vote ONCE