Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The NEW Bush Cabinet & Ashcroft in Supreme Court

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right-Wing AND Mainstream Media are both reporting today that is is HIGHLY expected that the majority of the 2000 Bush Cabinet will move on/retire and be replaced with new members. This includes, but isn't limited to, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld and Mr. Ashcroft.

The big rumour on the Right is that Ashcroft will be the first Supreme Court Nominee by Bush (of a likely two or three he will get in his second term). The second is a Hispanic UltraConservative Judge whose name escapes me at this time.

IF (a big IF of course) these rumours and thought prove tru, what is the opinions here regarding such moves?

Open to all, but please try to keep it civil. Thanks in advance. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    run

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miguel Estrada. It would be great. Ashcroft would be great too.

"Ultraconservative" or "radical conservative" are all euphemisms used to describe people who are pro-life. Get 'em on the bench, Georgie!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] Right-Wing AND Mainstream Media are both reporting today that is is HIGHLY expected that the majority of the 2000 Bush Cabinet will move on/retire and be replaced with new members. This includes, but isn't limited to, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld and Mr. Ashcroft.

The big rumour on the Right is that Ashcroft will be the first Supreme Court Nominee by Bush (of a likely two or three he will get in his second term). The second is a Hispanic UltraConservative Judge whose name escapes me at this time.

IF (a big IF of course) these rumours and thought prove tru, what is the opinions here regarding such moves?

Open to all, but please try to keep it civil. Thanks in advance. :D [/b][/quote]
    I fully expect Powell to move to Sec of Defense. I expect Rice to retire / go back to teaching.

There is no way Ashcroft will get confirmed, he is a red herring if he get nominated by Bush to the Supreme Ct.

I would like to see Guiliani appointed to Ashcrofts post. Although, I think that might preclude him from running in 2008.

I am not informed enough about potential supreme court nominees to offer an opinion. Although no matter who he will nominate will most assuredly have a difficult time being confirmed.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b] Right-Wing AND Mainstream Media are both reporting today that is is HIGHLY expected that the majority of the 2000 Bush Cabinet will move on/retire and be replaced with new members. This includes, but isn't limited to, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld and Mr. Ashcroft.

Open to all, but please try to keep it civil. Thanks in advance. :D [/b][/quote]
    The leftist-libs on Err America radio have stated the President promised the Conservative-Christian a hard right turn during his second term....as with everything else they will be way off.

Guiliani- AG

Sec of State- Powell stays

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope powell stays..because he was the only voice of reason from the last term..but he's a broken man...
    just get rid of wolfiwitz/pearl/ and rumsfeld...

f-cheney

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:15 PM
    [b] i hope powell stays..because he was the only voice of reason from the last term..but he's a broken man...

f-cheney [/b][/quote]
    I'm surprised you dont like Cheney. His daughter is a dyke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Nov 4 2004, 02:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Nov 4 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:15 PM
    [b] i hope powell stays..because he was the only voice of reason from the last term..but he&#39;s a broken man...

f-cheney [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m surprised you dont like Cheney. His daughter is a dyke. [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t believe you would call out Cheney&#39;s daughter like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    a dyke who campaigned for cheney/bush is not a true dyke&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:11 PM
    [b] a dyke who campaigned for cheney/bush is not a true dyke&#33; [/b][/quote]
    he dman....

[b][SIZE=4]ENJOY THE NEXT FOUR YEARS&#33;&#33;&#33;[/SIZE][/b]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ashcroft to Supreme Court would, IMO be a very scary thought. Having such an extremely religious and conservative person in the highest court would threaten those religious freedoms this country was founded on. His religious beliefs would govern his decisions and in my mind there is no place for religion in government.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] Open to all, but please try to keep it civil. Thanks in advance. :D [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s impossible with Bman around.

Ashcroft would be a HUGE mistake for W. I&#39;ll be the first to say that the US Supreme Court should be moderate in its political makeup. Having one side or the other with too much power is dangerous and would tear this country apart.

WHile I hope to see moderate republicans placed in, Ashcroft isn&#39;t one of them.

And think about it....people hate him now as the AG. Could you imagine the uproar if he was nominated for a SC slot??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MysticalJet[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:25 PM
    [b] Ashcroft to Supreme Court would, IMO be a very scary thought. Having such an extremely religious and conservative person in the highest court would threaten those religious freedoms this country was founded on. His religious beliefs would govern his decisions and in my mind there is no place for religion in government. [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately Mystical the people of this country want religion in government. It was proven in this election. This country is going to get what it wanted. Remember Bush was chosen by God. Man I am scared.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] Right-Wing AND Mainstream Media are both reporting today that is is HIGHLY expected that the majority of the 2000 Bush Cabinet will move on/retire and be replaced with new members. This includes, but isn&#39;t limited to, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld and Mr. Ashcroft.

:lol: :lol: :D :D :D Ashcroft :lol: :lol:

Good one. Next rumor you&#39;ll be putting out is that Buchanen will be the next secretary of state&#33; Get serious fisher.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 4 2004, 02:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 4 2004, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:04 PM
    [b] Right-Wing AND Mainstream Media are both reporting today that is is HIGHLY expected that the majority of the 2000 Bush Cabinet will move on/retire and be replaced with new members. This includes, but isn&#39;t limited to, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld and Mr. Ashcroft.

Good one. Next rumor you&#39;ll be putting out is that Buchanen will be the next secretary of state&#33; Get serious fisher. [/b][/quote]
    It wasn&#39;t MY rumour. This is basically a [u]DIRECT QUOTE[/u] from this mornings Laura Ingram show, and also a Local D.C. Rightwinger&#39;s Early Morning show. If you find it silly, I belive Laura has an email address and a phone number, as does Michael Grahm (the D.C. local guy).

I suggest you take it up with them. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 4 2004, 03:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 4 2004, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 4 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 12:04 PM

Good one. Next rumor you&#39;ll be putting out is that Buchanen will be the next secretary of state&#33; Get serious fisher. [/b][/quote]
    It wasn&#39;t MY rumour. This is basically a [u]DIRECT QUOTE[/u] from this mornings Laura Ingram show, and also a Local D.C. Rightwinger&#39;s Early Morning show. If you find it silly, I belive Laura has an email address and a phone number, as does Michael Grahm (the D.C. local guy).

I suggest you take it up with them. :D [/b][/quote]
    Did Laura say it or was it one of her callers hoping for it? Ashcroft has no chance of getting on to the supreme court.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:10 PM
    [b]
    Did Laura say it or was it one of her callers hoping for it? Ashcroft has no chance of getting on to the supreme court. [/b][/quote]
    If memory serves it was Laura herself, but it may have been one of her callers honestly. It was definitely the local guy (Grahm) himself who said it, and local D.C. Mainstream Radio News (WTOP) also reported on it this morning. Three sources within an hours drive.

I took them all at face value that the rumour they had heard (and then reported) was indeed a rumour. And I made it clear in my strating post that this was a rumour. Nothing more.....nothing less.

Kangaroo F*cker
    The concern for me would be the shift in majority on the Supreme Court if two new conservative/right wing judges are appointed. That would open a huge pandora&#39;s box of issues. Gay rights/abortion/stem cell research.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Nov 4 2004, 03:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Nov 4 2004, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:10 PM
    [b]
    Did Laura say it or was it one of her callers hoping for it? Ashcroft has no chance of getting on to the supreme court. [/b][/quote]
    If memory serves it was Laura herself, but it may have been one of her callers honestly. It was definitely the local guy (Grahm) himself who said it, and local D.C. Mainstream Radio News (WTOP) also reported on it this morning. Three sources within an hours drive.

I took them all at face value that the rumour they had heard (and then reported) was indeed a rumour. And I made it clear in my strating post that this was a rumour. Nothing more.....nothing less. [/b][/quote]
    No biggie. I&#39;ve actually been hearing different rumors. Mainly looking for Bush to appoint more moderate non-activist justices. Estrada is definately a possibility.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago Condi Rice was asked what her dream job was and she answered that she one day wants to be the NFL Commissioner. :unsure: