Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the mods

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone came on this board and referred to Jews as kikes ... or African Americans as ni**ers ... or orientals as chinks ... or latinos as spics ... would these types of slurs be tolerated?

Why then do we have folks posting the most vile slurs about Christians ... calling them Jesus Freaks and every other bigotted name under the sun ... yet not one mod is warning them to kill the bigotted slurs or leave?

I'm sorry, I don't mind honest debate and I even enjoy it ... but these bigotted slurs are WAY OUT OF LINE and they need to be stopped ... and let me be blunt, bman continues to be a prime offender

Now I will not suggest he should be banned cause I understand he is upset about losing the election ... I would be too if GW had lost ... and I would even understand if he wanted to call folks morons or idiots ... but these blatant and bigotted attacks, using the most vile slurs to attack Christians, are absolutely WAY OUT OF LINE

And for the record, I am Catholic but by nature that makes me a Christian {i.e. a follower of Christ}

BUT I DO NOT WANNA SEE ANYONE BANNED FOR IT

Kangaroo F*cker
    Is jesus freak or bible basher offensive? If so I would suggest some people stop using those terms. Common courtesy.

I am getting sick and tired of people using fag and dyke like they are readily acceptable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 day and the bible belt is on the rampage. :ph34r:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't tell mommie pal..i was catholic too..
    are some people out there jesus freaks?
    YES
    is there a christian right?
    YES
    do people refer to that group as 'christian right'..
    YES

show me vile slurs against christians i've made...i have made fun of those very small proportion of people who think 'fags and baby killers' should burn in hell...
    the hyprocisy is so unreal sometimes...I feel like Holden Caulfield.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are alot of folks, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE, who use hateful language specifically to anger and offend their enemies.

We should encourage them ALL to be more civil. I am a Catholic, and I don;t like people calling me a "Jesus Freak". I am also a Libertarianly Liberal Conservative (LOL, try figuring that one out). But I don;t like being called a "Liberal Scumbag Rat" either.

Let's try to cut back on this kind of attack please. BOTH SIDES! We should be able to debate our differences without such hateful rhetoric.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:18 PM
    [b] Is jesus freak or bible basher offensive? If so I would suggest some people stop using those terms. Common courtesy.

I am getting sick and tired of people using fag and dyke like they are readily acceptable. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, those terms are offensive ... and worst than that they are INTENDED to offend

It's pure garbage and it has no place in a civil discussion

You wanna take issue with Christians, be my guest ... it's a free country and they are fair game ... but kill the bigotted slurs and call them what they are, CHRISTIANS

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:15 PM
    [b] If someone came on this board and referred to Jews as kikes ... or African Americans as ni**ers ... or orientals as chinks ... or latinos as spics ... would these types of slurs be tolerated?

Why then do we have folks posting the most vile slurs about Christians ... calling them Jesus Freaks and every other bigotted name under the sun ... yet not one mod is warning them to kill the bigotted slurs or leave?

I'm sorry, I don't mind honest debate and I even enjoy it ... but these bigotted slurs are WAY OUT OF LINE and they need to be stopped ... and let me be blunt, bman continues to be a prime offender

Now I will not suggest he should be banned cause I understand he is upset about losing the election ... I would be too if GW had lost ... and I would even understand if he wanted to call folks morons or idiots ... but these blatant and bigotted attacks, using the most vile slurs to attack Christians, are absolutely WAY OUT OF LINE

And for the record, I am Catholic but by nature that makes me a Christian {i.e. a follower of Christ} [/b][/quote]
    Dude, relax...I'm Catholic, pro-GWB and Conservative by nature....while only the internet you can't thin skin here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the reasons I do not usually never post in political thread is the insults from all sides as I have read over and over again.
    You would think that we are barbarians just reading some of the posts. Can we disagree and be civil and not insult people that we disagree with all call them all sort of names. Just my two cents

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :rolleyes:

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Nov 4 2004, 03:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Nov 4 2004, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:18 PM
    [b] Is jesus freak or bible basher offensive? If so I would suggest some people stop using those terms. Common courtesy.

I am getting sick and tired of people using fag and dyke like they are readily acceptable. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, those terms are offensive ... and worst than that they are INTENDED to offend

It&#39;s pure garbage and it has no place in a civil discussion

You wanna take issue with Christians, be my guest ... it&#39;s a free country and they are fair game ... but kill the bigotted slurs and call them what they are, CHRISTIANS [/b][/quote]
    Mate, I have never used those terms on the board and don&#39;t intend to start now. I just didn&#39;t realize that they offended Christians so much. Sorry about that.

Could you imagine a thread with no name calling? Could you imagine an intelligent thread?

Unfortunately I can&#39;t which is pretty sad because there are some very good posters here who post their opinions in a thoughtful and respectful manner.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] There are alot of folks, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE, who use hateful language specifically to anger and offend their enemies.

We should encourage them ALL to be more civil. I am a Catholic, and I don;t like people calling me a "Jesus Freak". I am also a Libertarianly Liberal Conservative (LOL, try figuring that one out). But I don;t like being called a "Liberal Scumbag Rat" either.

Let&#39;s try to cut back on this kind of attack please. BOTH SIDES&#33; We should be able to debate our differences without such hateful rhetoric. [/b][/quote]
    You wanna know the truth?

What really bothers me is that these same PC frauds who would be offended if you labled a rodent a rat, are all to quick to use every bigotted slur they can use to describe Christians

I wouldn&#39;t even be so offended by their bigotted slurs {sticks and stones} if they weren&#39;t such damn hypocrites

It&#39;s as if they have written the rule book to read ... "Bigotted slurs are off limits to everyone BUT CHRISTIANS"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, if the Mods are listening.....

How about some enforecement of the "Signature Size" rules too? We got a number of folks here (of both political stripes) who Sigs are like 5000 pixels high. I don;t care what the message is, just shrink the Pics a bit please, within the posted guidelines.

Can we get THAT fixed too, since we&#39;re making requests? :blink:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Nov 4 2004, 03:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Nov 4 2004, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] There are alot of folks, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE, who use hateful language specifically to anger and offend their enemies.

Let&#39;s try to cut back on this kind of attack please. BOTH SIDES&#33; We should be able to debate our differences without such hateful rhetoric. [/b][/quote]
    You wanna know the truth?

What really bothers me is that these same PC frauds who would be offended if you labled a rodent a rat, are all to quick to use every bigotted slur they can use to describe Christians

I wouldn&#39;t even be so offended by their bigotted slurs {sticks and stones} if they weren&#39;t such damn hypocrites

It&#39;s as if they have written the rule book to read ... "Bigotted slurs are off limits to everyone BUT CHRISTIANS" [/b][/quote]
    Let me be honest GJ&H, I hate PC thought-control as much as anyone. I think speech should NOT be limited in ANY way actually. If that means you or anyone else gets offended, well, too damn bad. That is the cost of freedom of speech. If you cannot take it, that is your problem, not mine.

But if we are going to make requests for a more civil, slur-free Political forum, where we can debate intelligently and without hate, it should be made to work [u]both ways[/u] IMO. Don&#39;t defend one side without defending the others. I don;t think that is an inappropriate request.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] don&#39;t tell mommie pal..i was catholic too..
    [/b][/quote]
    You were a catholic? What are you now?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 4 2004, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 4 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:23 PM
    [b] don&#39;t tell mommie pal..i was catholic too..
    [/b][/quote]
    You were a catholic? What are you now? [/b][/quote]
    a heathen&#33; wait, probably a satanist.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 04:15 PM
    [b] If someone came on this board and referred to Jews as kikes ... or African Americans as ni**ers ... or orientals as chinks ... or latinos as spics ... would these types of slurs be tolerated?

[/b][/quote]
    I may be opening up a HUGE can of worms here, but...

I&#39;m wondering why you felt it was ok to type out the words kike, chink (oriental isn&#39;t even PC anymore btw), and spics, but felt the need to replace the Gs in ni**ers with asteriks...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:34 PM
    [b] Let me be honest GJ&H, I hate PC thought-control as much as anyone. I think speech should NOT be limited in ANY way actually. If that means you or anyone else gets offended, well, too damn bad. That is the cost of freedom of speech. If you cannot take it, that is your problem, not mine. [/b][/quote]
    SOLD

I withdraw my complaint :D

Like I said, it&#39;s just the hypocrisy that irks me ... I can live with the slurs, but I&#39;ll be damned if I&#39;m gonna sit back and let these PC idiots suggest bigotted slurs are off limits for everyone BUT CHRISTIANS

That&#39;s the part that bothers me ... far more than the slurs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 4 2004, 02:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 4 2004, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 04:15 PM

[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m wondering why you felt it was ok to type out the words kike, chink (oriental isn&#39;t even PC anymore btw), and spics, but felt the need to replace the Gs in ni**ers with asteriks... [/b][/quote]
    Some words do it automatically. Like if I type s**t or f**k, they automatically get blocked out. But some terms the system doesnt read, so they arent blocked out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    as much as i can&#39;t stand CBTNY and Chiefs..you guys are f_ing funny at times.
    no..I&#39;m not a satanist&#33; Pagan and heathen..absolutely&#33;
    i was raised catholic...but they get you by the balls (no pun intended) when you are young and easily brainwashed...when i grew up and began to think for myself,I realized (for ME) that it&#39;s a bunch of hogwash...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 4 2004, 03:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 4 2004, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 04:15 PM

[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m wondering why you felt it was ok to type out the words kike, chink (oriental isn&#39;t even PC anymore btw), and spics, but felt the need to replace the Gs in ni**ers with asteriks... [/b][/quote]
    Cause I felt that was the only one that would be obvious without typing the full word

No other reason

And I used the actual words cause I wanted folks to see what some of these slurs towards Christians truly sounds like to a Christian

Not that liberals would care ... like I said, the intention is obviously to offend