Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 105 of 105

Thread: Question for the mods

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Nov 4 2004, 05:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Nov 4 2004, 05:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 4 2004, 05:51 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 05:46 PM
    [b] I agree. Just because the bible-thumping hillbillies of the midwest and the South just put a sociopath and a pathological liar and moron back in the White House is no reason to denigrate their inbred asses. [/b][/quote]
    yeh...we&#39;d be much better off with the elitist hypocritical, bullsh&#33;t artist that was being pawned off to us by a bunch of eltitist, city scum-bags who think they are much better then everyone else and know more then the rest of us. [/b][/quote]
    I was kidding you slack-jawed sycophant. :lol:

    As it was, I voted for neither man because neither deserved my vote. [/b][/quote]
    I knew you were you inbred, goat-humper. :P

    I proudly pulled the lever for GWB&#33;

  2. #102
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Nov 4 2004, 05:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Nov 4 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by R. Tyme@Nov 4 2004, 04:58 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 4 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by R. Tyme@Nov 4 2004, 04:45 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 04:30 PM
    [b] RTyme, while you&#39;re at it ... can you also show me where Falewell said he hates women? :huh: [/b][/quote]
    Did Hitler flat out say in speeches "I hate Jews, let&#39;s kill them all"? [/b][/quote]
    YES ... HE DID ... MANY TIMES ... TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT

    In fact, he wrote an entire manifesto about it ... Mein Kempf [/b][/quote]
    okay....bad example :)

    but my point was that some extreme people can hide behind screens, behind playing words cause if they came out and said exactly what their motives were-- they wouldn&#39;t have as many followers and would get a lot more grief and condemnation....they&#39;re clever, actually more akin to Satan than God. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Hitler didn&#39;t make it known that his goal was the extermination of the Jews until well after he came to power. His "sales pitch" to the German people was a nationalistic promise of the return to prominence of the German lifestyle within German borders. I encourage those who would disbelieve this by renting or buying Leni Riefenstahl&#39;s Triumph des Willens (1934), better known as "Triumph of the Will." That will show you classic propoganda in its highest degree. [/b][/quote]
    TS - Hitler was very careful not to write down explicitly what the final solution was during the Third Reich&#39;s reign, and the anti-semitism was built up gradually. But anyone competent enough to read Mein Kampf could easily come to the obvious conclusion, and certainly perceptive people during the early parts of his reign would know as well. Interviews exist of his peers from when he was a young slob in Austria and when he served in the army in WWI and they state unequivocably that Hitler&#39;s anti-semitism, racism, homophobia and fierce nationalism were astounding open and that he would fly into fits of rage when politics were discussed, which was always, around him. Those who came into contact with him kew from day one, it appears.

    But in one sense you are right, he was a shrewd enough politician and hid it well, for a little but early on, anyway....

  3. #103
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 05:46 PM
    [b] I agree. Just because the bible-thumping hillbillies of the midwest and the South just put a sociopath and a pathological liar and moron back in the White House is no reason to denigrate their inbred asses. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

  4. #104
    TomShane
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Nov 4 2004, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Nov 4 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by TomShane@Nov 4 2004, 05:55 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by R. Tyme@Nov 4 2004, 04:58 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 4 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by R. Tyme@Nov 4 2004, 04:45 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 04:30 PM
    [b] RTyme, while you&#39;re at it ... can you also show me where Falewell said he hates women? :huh: [/b][/quote]
    Did Hitler flat out say in speeches "I hate Jews, let&#39;s kill them all"? [/b][/quote]
    YES ... HE DID ... MANY TIMES ... TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT

    In fact, he wrote an entire manifesto about it ... Mein Kempf [/b][/quote]
    okay....bad example :)

    but my point was that some extreme people can hide behind screens, behind playing words cause if they came out and said exactly what their motives were-- they wouldn&#39;t have as many followers and would get a lot more grief and condemnation....they&#39;re clever, actually more akin to Satan than God. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Hitler didn&#39;t make it known that his goal was the extermination of the Jews until well after he came to power. His "sales pitch" to the German people was a nationalistic promise of the return to prominence of the German lifestyle within German borders. I encourage those who would disbelieve this by renting or buying Leni Riefenstahl&#39;s Triumph des Willens (1934), better known as "Triumph of the Will." That will show you classic propoganda in its highest degree. [/b][/quote]
    TS - Hitler was very careful not to write down explicitly what the final solution was during the Third Reich&#39;s reign, and the anti-semitism was built up gradually. But anyone competent enough to read Mein Kampf could easily come to the obvious conclusion, and certainly perceptive people during the early parts of his reign would know as well. Interviews exist of his peers from when he was a young slob in Austria and when he served in the army in WWI and they state unequivocably that Hitler&#39;s anti-semitism, racism, homophobia and fierce nationalism were astounding open and that he would fly into fits of rage when politics were discussed, which was always, around him. Those who came into contact with him kew from day one, it appears.

    But in one sense you are right, he was a shrewd enough politician and hid it well, for a little but early on, anyway.... [/b][/quote]
    Oh, word jets5. Just remember the context of his taking power, as I&#39;m sure you&#39;re quite familiar withy. It was a desperate country still reeling and humiliated from WW1 and French demands for reparations. Hitler was shrewd enough to exploit this angle to get into power and hide what his real mission was. Remember, his bio and his history weren&#39;t splattered all over CNN and the internet at that point, so the German populace was fairly ignorant of Hitler&#39;s aims. Thus, the power of Triumph of the Will.

  5. #105
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:00 PM
    [b] and that he {Hitler} would fly into fits of rage when politics were discussed [/b][/quote]
    Must have been a Kerry supporter :D

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us