Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have been outside the USA?

Kangaroo F*cker
    I'm curious to know how many people here have actually left North America and experienced different cultures.

I think if some of you had lived or even visited other nations you would realize that most nations like Americans, even love them. It isn't all hate out there.

Most nations dislike American Policy not the American people. Although with Bush winning 52% of the vote that may change unless Bush's foreign policy changes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    too many times to count..but i am sure you knew that!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 06:08 PM
    [b] I'm curious to know how many people here have actually left North America and experienced different cultures.

I think if some of you had lived or even visited other nations you would realize that most nations like Americans, even love them. It isn't all hate out there.

Most nations dislike American Policy not the American people. Although with Bush winning 52% of the vote that may change unless Bush's foreign policy changes. [/b][/quote]
    Plenty of times. Oddly enough, I feel more welcome in Paris than I do at a Pats game. DAMN CHOWDS! lol

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b] I think if some of you had lived or even visited other nations you would realize that most nations like Americans, even love them. It isn't all hate out there.

[/b][/quote]
    Love Americans or love the way we spend our money in their countries??

I have been to Europe a few times...except for Greece (the bastation of anti-Americanism) I was not very impressed.

I landed at DeGaulle Airport and went into the bathroom before a connecting flight...they had pink toilet paper....it was downhill from there!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't have the money to travel, but hoping to study abroad at either Spain or England next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Holland (thats The Netherlands, not the Nether Regions) a few years ago. Had a great time and didn't experience any anti-Americansim.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gainzo, you are one pompous SOB. I've traveled to Greece, Italy London, Turkey, Amsterdam and Israel. On my travels I actually befriended some Aussies Kiwi's Scots Spaniards Brits and folks from all around Europe. Most were very friendly.

A few things I noticed:

1) French people rarely know how to speak english. Almost all other Europeans speak English
    2) Serbians really hate America.
    3) Canadians spend most of their time trying to explain to people that their not American.
    4) German girls are easy
    5) Brittish girls are easy
    6) Italian girls are not
    7) Greek taxi drivers will rip you off if you let them.
    8) Aussie's are basically fearless.
    9) Swiss people claim to be the first and only real Democracy

Of course I haven't been to Europe since 9/11. I refuse to spend my tourist dollars there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Italy, Spain, Britain, Canada, Ireland and France.

Gainzo - what percentage of Europeans have been to Mississippi, Kentucky, Iowa, Wyoming and Texas?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b] Italy, Spain, Britain, Canada, Ireland and France.

Gainzo - what percentage of Europeans have been to Mississippi, Kentucky, Iowa, Wyoming and Texas? [/b][/quote]
    That's a great point. Someone showed me the headlines in British papers this morning. There was one that said something to the effect of How Could So Many People Be So Dumb with a huge picture of Bush on the cover. What do these people REALLY know about the issues in the election other than what they read from the left wing media? I know the British press has always been known as "headline hunters" and "sensationalists", but I'd suggest that maybe they listen to as many different opinions as they can before making such bold statements as that. I do.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 10:15 AM

Gainzo - what percentage of Europeans have been to Mississippi, Kentucky, Iowa, Wyoming and Texas? [/b][/quote]
    What percentage of Americans have been to Mississippi, Kentucky, Iowa, Wyoming and Texas?

I go to Mobile, Alabama once a year, every January for business....it is one of the nicest places on earth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just got back from Italy and I have to say that women in NYC are the most beautiful in the world...
    I used to live in the CZECH Rep (beautiful women and beer), traveled in Poland, hungary, spain, italy, ireland, england, costa rica...

and thank god for NYC..(which I now consider NOT part of america)...
    I see a new girl every block that I want to lay down with! (is that offensive)!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I were just in Paris and Rome for our anniversary the first week of September.

Didn't encounter a bit of anti-Americanism the entire 8 days we were there - the only rude guy we encountered was a guy behind the bar in a cafe early morning trying to get a cup of coffee to go - however he was about the only person we ran into in Paris who [i]didn't[/i] speak English. Perhaps if we had stayed in the more shi-shi part of town we might have seen more rudenesss, but the cafe and bar scene of the left bank where we stayed in the Latin Quarter was great.

We actually had more trouble communicating with the people in Rome than in Paris, which was a bit of a surprise to me. Mostly, I think that people around the world are probably just a reflection of who you are - our governments may disagree, but people are people and will most always respond well to a smile and a good demeanor.

By the way, anyone ever take a cab through the small, every-which-way streets of Ancient Rome?!? I've never been more scared in my life. :blink:

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 10:15 AM

What percentage of Americans have been to those States? Not many.

That was my point.

And for you Chief? I am not a pompous a**hole. I'm just a realisit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Germany, am a naturalized citizen. I spent four years in the US Army as a flight medic. I have been all over Europe, Canada and even spent 6 months in East Africa.

I don't understand what your point is.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] I was born in Germany, am a naturalized citizen. I spent four years in the US Army as a flight medic. I have been all over Europe, Canada and even spent 6 months in East Africa.

I don't understand what your point is. [/b][/quote]
    My point is that most Americans have never been overseas. But they make fun of other nations.

For those of you who have traveled I respect your responses because you know that most "foreigners" love Americans and have no ill will against them.

The problem lies in the US Government.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been everywhere except Asia, Africa, and Antarctica. I'd like to go, though. Just don't have the time or money at the present.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Jet: You must go to Australia and then take the short 3 hour flight to New Zealand. You will love it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 08:51 PM
    [b] Jet: You must go to Australia and then take the short 3 hour flight to New Zealand. You will love it! [/b][/quote]
    Well...

Upon completing college (by summer 06) I intend to work for the FX (foreign exchange) department at my job. What's the currency of Australia, anyway?

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 7 2004, 08:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 7 2004, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gainzo[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 08:51 PM
    [b] Jet: You must go to Australia and then take the short 3 hour flight to New Zealand. You will love it&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well...

Upon completing college (by summer 06) I intend to work for the FX (foreign exchange) department at my job. What&#39;s the currency of Australia, anyway? [/b][/quote]
    There must be some kind of exchange program at your College. If not send me a PM.

Either way, Australia and New Zealand use the same money system as the US.

Dollars Baby&#33; Then again, &#036;1 US = &#036;1.40 Australian&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 02:47 AM
    [b] I&#39;ve been everywhere except Asia, Africa, and Antarctica. I&#39;d like to go, though. Just don&#39;t have the time or money at the present. [/b][/quote]
    When you do, kick a penguin for me. Thanks. :lol: