Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you have been outside the USA?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBTNY was not impressed with Europe, but he was with Mobile Alabama...LMAO

Very funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 7 2004, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 7 2004, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 10:15 AM
    [b] Italy, Spain, Britain, Canada, Ireland and France.

Gainzo - what percentage of Europeans have been to Mississippi, Kentucky, Iowa, Wyoming and Texas? [/b][/quote]
    What percentage of Americans have been to those States? Not many.

That was my point.

And for you Chief? I am not a pompous a**hole. I&#39;m just a realisit. [/b][/quote]
    What [i]is[/i] your point?? Europeans generalize based on insufficient data, as do Americans. What&#39;s the big insight there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Nov 7 2004, 08:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Nov 7 2004, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Thor99[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] I was born in Germany, am a naturalized citizen. I spent four years in the US Army as a flight medic. I have been all over Europe, Canada and even spent 6 months in East Africa.

I don&#39;t understand what your point is. [/b][/quote]
    My point is that most Americans have never been overseas. But they make fun of other nations.

For those of you who have traveled I respect your responses because you know that most "foreigners" love Americans and have no ill will against them.

The problem lies in the US Government. [/b][/quote]
    And my point was that your assumption that most Americans are too self absorbed to have any understanding of what goes on outside of Alabama or wherever it is that they come frome is insulting and untrue.

You say the probelm is with the U.S. Government? What problem? Are we too charitable? Do we give too much humanitarian aid? Does it bother you when we confront evil in the world? Does it annoy you that your country doesn&#39;t have to waste money on silly things like a military because your rich uncle Sam is there to protect you if somthing goes wrong? What is it that bothers you about our government?