Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Why so many new faces?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Wolfe Jet[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] I've been reading this forum for a few days to catch everyone's thoughts... but have been hesitant to express my thoughts because I feel like this forum is nothing but a shouting match except for a few individuals who can eloquently express some very interesting viewpoints.

    For the record, I am a Democrat, and voted for Kerry.

    For those that have been doing the shouting, and probably will bash me for my vote :rolleyes: , I believe that Democrat does not necessarily equal Liberal & Republican doesn't equal Conservative.

    All right, scream away! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    This is America and everyone is allowed to vote as they see fit ... there will be no screaming from me ... especially cause my guy won :D

    But seriously, glad you decided to join the discussion, Wolfe ... welcome aboard

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] BTW I already miss Warfish. [/b][/quote]
    Ditto

    I hope he reconsiders

    And if you are reading this, war ... you do have the right to reconsider, SO USE IT ;)

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    3,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I don't mind democrats...I despise most liberals.[/b][/quote]

    I'm curious which one do you think I am?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Nov 5 2004, 09:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 &#064; Nov 5 2004, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 08:42 PM
    [b] I&#39;d like more of an explanation on how some Vietnam Vets feel positive about that war. Not all did. Fighting in Vietnam was serving this country or the Vietnamese? (well fighting communism) I am asking honestly, I want to understand your viewpoint. Yes, I was around during those times-- I remember the protesting, the draft, the whole atmosphere....so many young kids killed. [/b][/quote]
    Were you at the Airport spitting at Military men?? This Country was founded
    on young men getting Killed..The property your living on probley belonged
    to a Indian tribe&#33; Want to give it back&#33; Here&#39;s a simple view point..If we are
    playing the Bills Sunday and one of the Jets is helping the Bills to beat us..
    Is he a good Jet in your Opinion?? Maybe he feels that the NFL should be
    equal and the Bills could use a win to make them feel better..After all we
    have wins to spare..Is it so wrong to help the other side?? You bet your
    sweet Tush it is..And many of us don&#39;t forget or forgive&#33;&#33; <_< Look many
    Liberals have a European view of the world..Many like Warfish don&#39;t like to
    see the US strong or Dominant..Many of you think the world hates us??What
    a joke&#33; They can&#39;t wait to get in this Country&#33; It&#39;s the "Elite" that hates the US&#33;
    Or the Terrorists or any Group that hates Freedom..We have American Blood
    and Graves all over the World fighting for another Countries freedom&#33; And all
    we ever asked was a place to bury our Fallen Comrades..Any Vet Hates War..
    But if you think the Evil people in the world love your point of view..Go talk to
    them..I&#39;m sure they will love you to Pieces..Literally&#33;&#33; :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    1. Thank you for your service, Savage ... I am eternally grateful

    2. I believe yours was a nobel mission ... screw those commie bastards ... you had my 100% support

    3. Fast forward to 2004 ... screw these Islamo-facist SOB&#39;s ... our troops still have my 100% support

    END OF STORY

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Bayou
    Posts
    3,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m drunk. I&#39;ll respond to you all tomorrow. Or, is that today? Son of a *****&#33;

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 11:14 PM
    [b]why would I spit on any soldier? what a way to open a response

    ummm....yea....okay....thanks for clearing that up
    something lacking in communication there[/b][/quote]
    I addressed the Protests..And that was part of it&#33; If you were a young
    child you really don&#39;t have a good view of those times..What I gather
    from your choice to vote for Kerry you agreed with the protests and
    thought that Traitors like Jane Fonda and John Kerry were right in their
    actions..The reason I used the football analogy is most Jet Fans would
    hate a player that went against his Team..Yet football is just a Game..
    When people who are supposed to be on your side in Times of War and
    conspire with the enemy and it costs the lives of your brothers,it becomes unforgivable..Something that Liberals can never understand..They enjoy the freedom to mock and degrade their Country,but would NEVER do anything to defend it... <_<

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme+Nov 6 2004, 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (R. Tyme @ Nov 6 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jetman67@Nov 5 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 09:42 PM
    [b] Yes, I was around during those times-- I remember the protesting, the draft, the whole atmosphere....so many young kids killed. [/b][/quote]
    Youre OLD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    now you really don&#39;t want me to go into what you are...do you? ;)

    I was a kid (not saying how old) and damn grateful growing up in the sixties. [/b][/quote]
    I was just kidding.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Nov 6 2004, 07:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 &#064; Nov 6 2004, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 11:14 PM
    [b]why would I spit on any soldier? what a way to open a response

    ummm....yea....okay....thanks for clearing that up
    something lacking in communication there[/b][/quote]
    I addressed the Protests..And that was part of it&#33; If you were a young
    child you really don&#39;t have a good view of those times..What I gather
    from your choice to vote for Kerry you agreed with the protests and
    thought that Traitors like Jane Fonda and John Kerry were right in their
    actions..The reason I used the football analogy is most Jet Fans would
    hate a player that went against his Team..Yet football is just a Game..
    When people who are supposed to be on your side in Times of War and
    conspire with the enemy and it costs the lives of your brothers,it becomes unforgivable..Something that Liberals can never understand..They enjoy the freedom to mock and degrade their Country,but would NEVER do anything to defend it... <_< [/b][/quote]
    Why does not agreeing with a war equate with not supporting the soldiers told to fight it? Or how does not agreeing with a war equate to hating your country? Isn&#39;t this what our country was built on-- being able to disagree with the leaders of your government, voice your opinion without persecution?

    Just because I feel we should not have been in Vietnam or in Iraq, doesn&#39;t mean I support the Vietnamese or Iraq people. A lot of kids did not want to go to Vietnam, of course there was the draft then (my brother was drafted but didn&#39;t go to Nam). Even today a lot of those who enlisted in the military, do not want to get themselves killed for Iraq.

    My question to you as a Vietnam vet was how did you look on it positively? what drove you? was it a duty you felt to your country? did you want to be a part of "fighting communism" ? or was it you didn&#39;t have a choice, you were drafted?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 02:25 AM
    [b] Why does not agreeing with a war equate with not supporting the soldiers told to fight it? Or how does not agreeing with a war equate to hating your country? Isn&#39;t this what our country was built on-- being able to disagree with the leaders of your government, voice your opinion without persecution?

    Just because I feel we should not have been in Vietnam or in Iraq, doesn&#39;t mean I support the Vietnamese or Iraq people. A lot of kids did not want to go to Vietnam, of course there was the draft then (my brother was drafted but didn&#39;t go to Nam). Even today a lot of those who enlisted in the military, do not want to get themselves killed for Iraq.

    My question to you as a Vietnam vet was how did you look on it positively? what drove you? was it a duty you felt to your country? did you want to be a part of "fighting communism" ? or was it you didn&#39;t have a choice, you were drafted? [/b][/quote]
    A question for you..Do you think by protesting Nam that it helped the
    Troops or the enemy?? Vietnamese Officers said in a PBS Documentary
    some years ago if it wasn&#39;t for the protests and the aide of the Fonda&#39;s and
    Kerry&#39;s of the World they would have quit long before they did because they
    couldn&#39;t compete with the Weaponry of the US..So be happy&#33; By prolonging
    the War it helped get more US Troops killed&#33; Freedom of Speech always comes
    with a price Tag RT..In cases like Nam and Iraq that freedom unfortunately cost
    us lives..But never would I want that Freedom curtailed in any way&#33; We just
    hope that it is used wisely..As far as being there in the first place?? I could
    somewhat agree on Nam,but you have to understand the Political Climate at
    the Time..JFK started with Troops and this was during the Time of the Cuban
    Missile Crisis..America vs. Communism was in battles all over the World from
    the end of the second WW..Iraq I&#39;m totally behind&#33; JFK as I&#39;ve said before was
    ready to take the Country to Nuclear War over Cuba (Who never attacked us)&#33;
    And give me your best "Liberal Laugh" about me enlisting for the corny reason
    that I thought I owed it to my Country.. <_<

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 06:46 AM
    [b] A question for you..Do you think by protesting Nam that it helped the
    Troops or the enemy?? Vietnamese Officers said in a PBS Documentary
    some years ago if it wasn&#39;t for the protests and the aide of the Fonda&#39;s and
    Kerry&#39;s of the World they would have quit long before they did because they
    couldn&#39;t compete with the Weaponry of the US..So be happy&#33; By prolonging
    the War it helped get more US Troops killed&#33; Freedom of Speech always comes
    with a price Tag RT..In cases like Nam and Iraq that freedom unfortunately cost
    us lives..But never would I want that Freedom curtailed in any way&#33; We just
    hope that it is used wisely..As far as being there in the first place?? I could
    somewhat agree on Nam,but you have to understand the Political Climate at
    the Time..JFK started with Troops and this was during the Time of the Cuban
    Missile Crisis..America vs. Communism was in battles all over the World from
    the end of the second WW..Iraq I&#39;m totally behind&#33; JFK as I&#39;ve said before was
    ready to take the Country to Nuclear War over Cuba (Who never attacked us)&#33;
    And give me your best "Liberal Laugh" about me enlisting for the corny reason
    that I thought I owed it to my Country.. <_< [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s an interesting point. I certainly don&#39;t think that was the intention of those protesting (talking about the families, students...) ...they didn&#39;t have an evil agenda, they didn&#39;t want our troops getting killed over there-- wanted them home. Yes I&#39;m aware it started with Kennedy. The thing I remember about the Gulf war was that although there were people again against it, they were very aware not to demoralize the troops fighting there or give a wrong impression....there was support and flags flying everywhere (on cars, in front of homes...). I don&#39;t think there are as many anti-war protests now as there were back in the 60&#39;s, that was a long time ago.

    I&#39;m just trying to understand, get different views and learn *if* there is something to learn. But you know when you say things like " be happy" and "give me your best liberal laugh" .....that&#39;s what makes this forum bs.....save the venom and bitterness for someone else. Stop assuming and labeling me, you don&#39;t know me so cut the crap.

    The attacking and bullying mentality on this forum is ridiculous and a real turnoff. Yea, I&#39;ll definitely be visiting this forum less and less <_<

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    RT, I like you ... you&#39;re bright and you&#39;re witty ... even seem like a nice person

    But our country is AT WAR {like it or not} and that is not gonna change ... so why not pick up a flag and hop on board for the [b]BIG WIN[/b] ;)

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 11:19 AM
    [b] But you know when you say things like " be happy" and "give me your best liberal laugh" .....that&#39;s what makes this forum bs.....save the venom and bitterness for someone else. Stop assuming and labeling me, you don&#39;t know me so cut the crap.

    The attacking and bullying mentality on this forum is ridiculous and a real turnoff. Yea, I&#39;ll definitely be visiting this forum less and less <_< [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sorry RT..I thought you voted for Kerry the biggest Liberal in the
    Senate and a Man that betrayed us many years ago..I Apologize if I was
    wrong.. ;)

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 02:37 PM
    [b] I&#39;m sorry RT..I thought you voted for Kerry the biggest Liberal in the
    Senate and a Man that betrayed us many years ago..I Apologize if I was
    wrong.. ;)
    [/b][/quote]
    Like you said, it was many years ago. There were other party issues that led to my decision on who to vote for or whether to even vote at all this year (which was not an answer either). I&#39;ve no apologies to make either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us