Thread: BREAKING NEWS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of us wondered how on earth CBS and CNN could wait so long to declare Ohio for Bush

Heck, even ABC did not declare Ohio for Bush till long after FOX and NBC had done so

Well surprise surprise .....

While the Kerry campaign was deciding whether or not to challenge the election results from Ohio, former Clintonista and the man who was brought in to run the Kerry campaign {Joe Lockhart} phoned CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC ... then asked them NOT to declare Ohio for Bush

Only NBC made the call shortly after FOX ... ABC held out till they felt they could holdout no longer ... but CNN and CBS took their marching orders from the Kerry campaign till the bitter end {and beyond}

And if you recall, Dan Rather actually told his viewers that he was not calling Ohio for Bush cause we here at CBS would rather be right than first ... never telling them the real reason was to buy the Kerry campaign some added time on the request of Joe Lockhart

Obviously CNN did the same, holding out even longer than CBS

The media working with the Kerry campaign ... CNN and CBS being the worst offenders ... real shocker, huh? :blink:

PS. the story was broken tonite on MSNBC, in case you wanted the source

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why Fox news in the #1 news channel in the US.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were doing the right thing. Their exit poll data showed Kerry leading, then when the votes started getting counted Bush was leading. Without knowing what precints had reported, it would have been poor judgement to declare Bush the winner of Ohio since it seemed to contradict their initial reports. The Democrats did call out to the media to tell them they believed that Bush would wind up 50,000 ahead, but there were potentially 250,000 provisional ballots out there. It was unknown what the outcome would be. All you guys *****ed in 2000 when they called Florida for Gore based on exit polls, they didn't want another repeat.

Once it became clear that Kerry had no chance based on the number of provisional ballots vs the number of he had to make up they should have thrown in the towel.

BTW the Republicans called all the news agencies in 2000 and told them to change FLA from Gore to too close to call.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 02:45 PM
    [b] They were doing the right thing. Their exit poll data showed Kerry leading, then when the votes started getting counted Bush was leading. Without knowing what precints had reported, it would have been poor judgement to declare Bush the winner of Ohio since it seemed to contradict their initial reports. The Democrats did call out to the media to tell them they believed that Bush would wind up 50,000 ahead, but there were potentially 250,000 provisional ballots out there. It was unknown what the outcome would be. All you guys *****ed in 2000 when they called Florida for Gore based on exit polls, they didn't want another repeat.

Once it became clear that Kerry had no chance based on the number of provisional ballots vs the number of he had to make up they should have thrown in the towel.

BTW the Republicans called all the news agencies in 2000 and told them to change FLA from Gore to too close to call. [/b][/quote]
    You're absolutely right... ahem... CORRECT in all of that. The only thing I'd change is that CBS and CNN really DID wait even longer than the Kerry campaign did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah..fox news is news!!!!!!
    that's funny..almost as funny as the idiots who believed that kerry would ban the bible!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 03:16 PM
    [b]
    almost as funny as the idiots who believed that kerry would ban the bible! [/b][/quote]
    No, I don't think he'd have banned the bible, BUT that's no more far fetched than some of the things I've seen YOU post here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 02:36 PM
    [b] That's why Fox news in the #1 news channel in the US. [/b][/quote]
    i bet 51% of the country would agree with you...