Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I'd like to see...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b] notice in areas with money, intelligence (universities), culture and population the overwhelming support for Kerry.

The rural and suburban areas have grown because of the way of life that is suburban sprawl and the automobile. Without a constant supply of crude oil almost every single damn red state would be populationally insignificant. Yes cities need oil too but they could survive without it... not surprising that Bush would win the sticks, cause he's serving their agenda completely with these wars.

this election came out to turnout and not enough young people showed up. Only 17% of the 18-25 year olds voted - [/b][/quote]
    Stupid people disagree with Bitonti, smart people agree with him. It's so simple!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 12:07 PM
    [b] Stupid people disagree with Bitonti, smart people agree with him. It's so simple! [/b][/quote]
    5ever who has more universities, red counties or blue counties?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the blue ones, I'd imagine. As long as you can explain away a defeat in terms that continue to allow you to view yourself as superior to those that disagree with you, things are fine, right? ;) Dumb, racist, bigoted god-heads got Bush elected. Smart, educated, tolerant people voted for Kerry. That's the main idea, huh? Makes sense to me, though I'm only a dumb, uneducated, bigoted god-head whose county has no "culture."

BTW - Where have you been dude? Are you going to the home game against the Texans on Dec 5th? I am looking into it....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b] notice in areas with money, intelligence (universities), culture and population the overwhelming support for Kerry.

The rural and suburban areas have grown because of the way of life that is suburban sprawl and the automobile. Without a constant supply of crude oil almost every single damn red state would be populationally insignificant. Yes cities need oil too but they could survive without it... not surprising that Bush would win the sticks, cause he's serving their agenda completely with these wars.

this election came out to turnout and not enough young people showed up. Only 17% of the 18-25 year olds voted - [/b][/quote]
    This is one of the more comical posts I've seen. Keep it up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 01:53 PM

You give them too much credit. Do you honestly think that crossed their minds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever the facts are the facts

i stand by the statement

in areas with money, intelligence (universities), culture and population the overwhelming support for Kerry

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 02:43 PM
    [b] 5ever the facts are the facts

i stand by the statement

in areas with money, intelligence (universities), culture and population the overwhelming support for Kerry [/b][/quote]
    NOW you can see why Kerry lost. The libs have this attitude that they're superior. This just doesn't come across well in the majority of the country. People didn't want to elect a pompous, rich, ass that doesn't realize there's the United States goes beyond just the borders of New England. And that's not even bringing into discussion the fact that he's a traitor.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerry was not a good candidate, i have maintained that since the get go, that doesn't change the fact that Bush has been a mediocre President, at best...

cmon let's be real Bush voters think they are superior to Kerry voters as well - like Bush voters are the everyman vote - it's people looking for tax cuts and listening to their clergyman.

every single Bush voter here in this forum seems to express the viewpoint that their viewpoint is superior to mine, so please everyone get off their high horse about judgement passing.

How's this for an exercise - Bush voters imagine a world where you can only send your child to colleges and universities in the red states -

academically what would be the top 10?

Notre Dame
    Duke
    UNC Chapel Hill
    UVA
    Davidson

yeah don't get me wrong there are mean football factories in the heartland but when it comes to education even Bush and Kerry will agree the prime places to get a degree are in Blue states...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's another way to put it

any place that you don't need to get decent pizza by the slice and fresh bagels airmailed into voted for Kerry

hows that for superiority?

see ya at sizzer or applebees buddy ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing says culture like Cheez Whiz!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 05:05 PM
    [b] kerry was not a good candidate, i have maintained that since the get go, that doesn't change the fact that Bush has been a mediocre President, at best...

cmon let's be real Bush voters think they are superior to Kerry voters as well - like Bush voters are the everyman vote - it's people looking for tax cuts and listening to their clergyman.

every single Bush voter here in this forum seems to express the viewpoint that their viewpoint is superior to mine, so please everyone get off their high horse about judgement passing.

How's this for an exercise - Bush voters imagine a world where you can only send your child to colleges and universities in the red states -

academically what would be the top 10?

Notre Dame
    Duke
    UNC Chapel Hill
    UVA
    Davidson

yeah don't get me wrong there are mean football factories in the heartland but when it comes to education even Bush and Kerry will agree the prime places to get a degree are in Blue states... [/b][/quote]
    I've never thought my opinions were superior to anyone else's. I only wish the Kerry supporters would open up THEIR minds to other opinions. THAT happens RARELY with me on JI. I DO find it frustrating that a lot of Kerry's supporters have been believing the lies that have been told about Bush, the war, the economy, etc. The fact that Michale Moore's film was taken so seriously by the left is simply proof of that. I pity people who bought into that. The Kool Aid that we keep talking about is very very REAL.
    Education does NOT necessarily mean that people are more informed or better informed or have better opinions of anything. This country is based on everyone voicing their opinions on what is important to them. People this year just happened to think that Bush better represented what was important to them. Tax cuts and clergymen was only one part of it. If the Democrats continue to think that the religious right influenced this vote the way they've been speaking about it... we'll see another Republican elected in 2008 for SURE. The thing is... I don't believe that the Democrats in office actually believe that. I think they know exactly WHY Kerry lost the election, but want to spin their lies to the country about the religious right. It's the lying and the complete disregard for even its own base that I find troubling in the Democratic party.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't know why you keep bringing up the democratic party... this is about the results of the election - this election was the democrats to lose and they lost it. They are a shameful party, and should be completely scrapped.

no one voted FOR kerry they voted AGAINST Bush

the democratic party could have run a pet poodle and it would have gotten 48% against Bush.

This is about voting for Bush and voting against Bush - no one actually likes Kerry and that includes most democratic voters.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 12:43 PM
    [b] in areas with money, intelligence (universities), culture and population the overwhelming support for Kerry [/b][/quote]
    universities = intelligence?

That is funny.

Predictable, but funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    by any standard a nation's intelligence is measured by it's universities and other such research organizations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 18 2004, 04:39 PM
    [b] by any standard a nation's intelligence is measured by it's universities and other such research organizations. [/b][/quote]
    Alouette, gentille Alouette
    Alouette je te plumerai!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Alouette, gentille Alouette
    Alouette je te plumerai![/b][/quote]

"Fight the war on Terror? Not for no four hundred dollars a month, that's just not worth it." - Jet Moses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 21 2004, 05:51 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Alouette, gentille Alouette
    Alouette je te plumerai![/b][/quote]

"Fight the war on Terror? Not for no four hundred dollars a month, that's just not worth it." - Jet Moses [/b][/quote]
    I'm sure the boys in uniform will win the war without me. I told you I tried to get back on active duty in '96, but they told me all the billets were filled, how about the reserves? That way when the sht hits the fan cuz Bill Clinton's foreign policy was an 8 year disaster, we can call you up and send your ass to the front cuz all the women we have on active duty can't go. Sucker.

Hey, here's a fun fact for you:

the British had 500,000 troops in Northern Ireland during the "troubles". The IRA had 300 active members. It took 25 years to squash them.

The USA has 125,000 troops in Iraq.

You might be doing two more tours in Iraq, never mind one.

Pack some brown, shoot some glue.