Thread: Arlen Specter

I'm not saying a word ... I'll let J5EVER take the ball and run with it on this one

Hall Of Fame
    This guy is a total snake. The White House gave Arlen Specter their endorsement over a solid conservative(and Olympic decathalon gold medal winner)Congressman Pat Toomey in the primary to pave his way. And the first thing this POS talks about 5 minutes after getting his job back is to talk about abortion.How about "Thank you, President Bush, and I'll be open-minded on your judicial nominess if they're qualified." Now, Toomey may have lost. With Chafee's expected defection it would still be 53-47 advantage. The only good thing is this firestorm may chasten Specter to understand that no one is taking any of this weak-kneed crap after last Tuesday. All this from a man who yammered on about [i]Scottish law [/i]during the Clinton impeachment, which what ever your position was utterly bizarre.

[quote][b]The White House gave Arlen Specter their endorsement over a solid conservative(and Olympic decathalon gold medal winner)Congressman Pat Toomey in the primary to pave his way.[/b][/quote]

Why the hell would the Bush Administration do that? I have to assume there was a good reason......anyone want to fill me in?

Hall Of Fame
    They believed-and probably correctly-that Toomey had an uphill fight, while Specter, chock full of seniority and moderate, would win more easily.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 10:07 PM
    [b] They believed-and probbaly correctly-that Toomey had an uphill fight, while Specter, chock full of seniority and moderate, would win more easily. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you gotta keep in mind PA's a blue state. If you want to be a republican senator here, you better not show it or Philthadelphians will make sure they drown out all the votes of decent-minded folks in the so-called T (I prefer to call it, the entire rest of the state that doesn't include them, Pittsburgh, or Erie) through their various acts of trickery. Some day I'm told, Phillthy hopes get more than 100% voter turnout :unsure:

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YorkPAJetsFan+Nov 6 2004, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (YorkPAJetsFan @ Nov 6 2004, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bugg[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 10:07 PM
    [b] They believed-and probbaly correctly-that Toomey had an uphill fight, while Specter, chock full of seniority and moderate, would win more easily. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you gotta keep in mind PA&#39;s a blue state. If you want to be a republican senator here, you better not show it or Philthadelphians will make sure they drown out all the votes of decent-minded folks in the so-called T (I prefer to call it, the entire rest of the state that doesn&#39;t include them, Pittsburgh, or Erie) through their various acts of trickery. Some day I&#39;m told, Phillthy hopes get more than 100% voter turnout :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Republicans in Blue states have to be more moderate to get elected

arlen spector is one of the few repubs with a brain..
    hegel is another