Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Libs resorting to suicide

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Man Kills Self at Ground Zero
    Saturday, November 06, 2004[/b]

NEW YORK A 25-year-old university worker from Georgia shot and killed himself at ground zero (search) Saturday morning, authorities said.

The man, Andrew Veal (search), of Athens, Ga., was found atop the structure housing the 1 and 9 subway lines after a hotel worker spotted what he believed was somebody sleeping inside the site around 8 a.m., said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found near the body, Coleman said. No suicide note was found, he said.

Veal apparently was distraught over President Bush's (search) re-election, Newsday reported Saturday on its Web site edition, citing an unnamed police source. The newspaper also said the man was a registered Democrat who opposed the war in Iraq.

Coleman said he could not confirm Newsday's account.

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center (search) site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry, friends said Saturday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Stable lot, those Bush haters.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b] Veal apparently was distraught over President Bush's (search) re-election, Newsday reported Saturday on its Web site edition, citing an unnamed police source. The newspaper also said the man was a registered Democrat who opposed the war in Iraq. [/b][/quote]
    Has anyone seen bman since Saturday? :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chances are this unfortunate person was simply so sick that he would have likely killed himself eventually. This just happened to be what set him off, but clearly, the reason he is dead is far more complex than merely some election. Mentally stable, well-adjusted, happy people don't do things like this over elections...there is obviously more to this story. I've always thought committing suicide is such a selfish thing to do. This guy likely has family and friends whose lives are now ruined, in addition to his own. Cowardly, in my opinion. But, I didn't know this kid, so I shouldn't pretend to read his mind. Hopefully, his family and friends can make peace with this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 11:32 AM
    [b] Chances are this unfortunate person was simply so sick that he would have likely killed himself eventually. [/b][/quote]
    While you are correct if this is what the liberals represent- let's pull up the stakes and leave since we didn't get our way- to hell with them.

Let's try to imagine for a second kerri won on Tuesday (God forbid). Would you see a similiar reaction from conservatives??? How many Republicans left for another country in '92 or '96??

Or would/did they, as history has shown, roll up their sleeves and fight the good fight?

If someone cannot fight for what they believe and wilt when everything is against them, they should not be in a position of power.....in fact we have a name for these type of people (someone that wilt fight for what they believe and wilt then surrender)- we call them french!! ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to live through 8 Years of Bill Clinton

And while that was certainly a form of torture, it was not a torture worse than death

Suck it up, libs..don't put yourselves to the sword..we don't crown Kings in this country, we elect Presidents every 4 years

So you'll have another crack at this thing before you know it

You'll strikeout again, but you'll get another turn at bat :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, this is very sad and shouldn't be politicised. I really feel for this person and his loved ones. A lot of people have strong feeling and believe they are trying to do the "right thing." While I may not agree what he believed in, I won't celebrate his death as some sort of political win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 11:54 AM
    [b] Would you see a similiar reaction from conservatives??? How many Republicans left for another country in '92 or '96??

[/b][/quote]
    I don't think I'd leave America, but I would definitely make a plan and an effort to move away from NYC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 10:17 PM
    [b] [b]Man Kills Self at Ground Zero

NEW YORK A 25-year-old university worker from Georgia shot and killed himself at ground zero (search) Saturday morning, authorities said.

The man, Andrew Veal (search), of Athens, Ga., was found atop the structure housing the 1 and 9 subway lines after a hotel worker spotted what he believed was somebody sleeping inside the site around 8 a.m., said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found near the body, Coleman said. No suicide note was found, he said.

Veal apparently was distraught over President Bush's (search) re-election, Newsday reported Saturday on its Web site edition, citing an unnamed police source. The newspaper also said the man was a registered Democrat who opposed the war in Iraq.

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center (search) site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry, friends said Saturday. [/b][/quote]
    Everyone's so quick to say he commited suicide because he of Bush's re-election. Come on. It says it in black and white. He was planning on getting married. GETTING MARRIED! He obviously came to his senses and knew what he had to do. I wonder... it doesn't say if he was planning on marrying a man or a woman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry, friends said Saturday. [/b][/quote]
    I thought the Democrats were opposed to violence :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He should have just gone to Canada ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    makes me sick he chose ground zero

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 12:37 PM
    [b]

You'll strikeout again, but you'll get another turn at bat :D [/b][/quote]
    A-Rod is running for president? ;)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    one less vote for Hillary in '08

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 07:58 PM
    [b] Honestly, this is very sad and shouldn't be politicised. I really feel for this person and his loved ones. A lot of people have strong feeling and believe they are trying to do the "right thing." While I may not agree what he believed in, I won't celebrate his death as some sort of political win. [/b][/quote]
    Very sad indeed. That young man needed help. Reported heaps of jerks lining up to move out of the US is one thing, but this suicide isn't indicative of anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 8 2004, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 8 2004, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 10:17 PM

Veal apparently was distraught over President Bush&#39;s (search) re-election, Newsday reported Saturday on its Web site edition, citing an unnamed police source. The newspaper also said the man was a registered Democrat who opposed the war in Iraq.

Coleman said he could not confirm Newsday&#39;s account.

Everyone&#39;s so quick to say he commited suicide because he of Bush&#39;s re-election. Come on. It says it in black and white. He was planning on getting married. GETTING MARRIED&#33; He obviously came to his senses and knew what he had to do. I wonder... it doesn&#39;t say if he was planning on marrying a man or a woman. [/b][/quote]
    Or he found out his best friend was banging his fiance like a screen door in a hurricane.