Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebrities against Bush

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 15 2004, 12:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 15 2004, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo@Nov 15 2004, 09:58 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetsMetsIsles[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 01:20 PM
    [b]
    And there it is, the #1 reason why people voted for Bush, because they believe in Christ..
    [/b][/quote]
    And there it is... another moron that actually believes the Christian right had a large part of Bush&#39;s winning the election and NOTHING to do with the fact that he actually IS doing a good job and that Kerry has no positions on anything and has only damagegd the country and put our troops further into danger in the 70s. [/b][/quote]
    if this is a good job i shudder to think what you would consider a bad job

Bush&#39;s approval rating is still less than 50%

people didn&#39;t vote based on the job he was doing they voted based on Moral Views (whatever that means)

Moral Views means ignore parts of the bible that say turn the other cheek but highlight parts of the bible that say an eye for an eye or sodomy is an abonination.

Vengence is mine sayith the Lord. [/b][/quote]
    A big reason sKerry lost is attitudes like yours. Keep spewing the hate till 2008&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 10 2004, 01:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 10 2004, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 11:48 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Why, just because there people happen to be a &#39;celebrity&#39; should their opinion matter any more than anyone elses? The problem, it&#39;s so one sided it&#39;s sad and those who do support Bush were too afraid to say anything for fear of not getting much work afterwards.
    [/b][/quote]

Like the Dixi Chicks? [/b][/quote]
    The Dixie Chicks from what I remember were only effected by their own fans. The industry didn&#39;t change its opinion of them as musicians and continued to release their music. People in Hollywood would be descriminated against (in theory) by the industry itself. THAT&#39;S wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Excuse me, they were refusing to play them on country music stations. That is essentially their livlihood. Add to that the boycot and I&#39;m sure it hurt them immensly, all because they didn&#39;t agree with W.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Moral Views means ignore parts of the bible that say turn the other cheek but highlight parts of the bible that say an eye for an eye or sodomy is an abonination.[/b][/quote]

How much of the bible must be taken as fact to be a good Christian these days?

What God given instructions (within the Bible) can safety be ignored, and which cannot, for one to remain a good Christian?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMetsIsles+Nov 13 2004, 12:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsMetsIsles &#064; Nov 13 2004, 12:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-sackdance99[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 10:02 PM
    [b] ALL THESE CELEBRITIES (CHRIST HATERS) WILL BE IN HELL ANYWAY, WHO CARES. [/b][/quote]
    And there it is, the #1 reason why people voted for Bush, because they believe in Christ..

Newsflash, if Jesus really existed, he was just an oridnary man who wanted to get power and fame, just like David Koresh and other nuts who claim they are the son of god who get thrown in Mental Institutions...

But we as a society are afraid to see the truth, therefore we must cling onto a 2004 year old story and 1500 Year old book that has abolutley no merit or truth.......[/b][/quote]
    So what if thats the reason some people voted for Bush. While I agree its short-sighted to vote for any candidate because of 1 issue, its each citizens right to do so and if thats the basis for their decision for a candidate, so be it.

AS far as the rest of your post. Thats your belief and youre entitled to it. By coming here and spewing [i]your beliefs as fact[/i] is no better than if a born-again Christian came here stating their beliefs as fact and criticizing those who believe otherwise. Thats exactly what you&#39;re doing. If someone wants to be Jew, Christian, Hindu, Muslim,whatever...what do you care.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]By coming here and spewing your beliefs as fact is no better than if a born-again Christian came here stating their beliefs as fact and criticizing those who believe otherwise. Thats exactly what you&#39;re doing. If someone wants to be Jew, Christian, Hindu, Muslim,whatever...what do you care.[/b][/quote]

Do you complain when posters here speak their religious views as fact? If not, how can you complain when a non-believer states his view as fact? What makes one veiwpoint, one version of "fact", more valid than the other? We DO have religious minded posters stating their version of "fact" all the time......

And if religious folks "didn&#39;t care" about folks of other faiths (or no faith as it were), why do they have missionaries and preachers and door to door religious pamphlet hander-outers? All those activities are designed to "convert" the "non-believers".

Well, non-believers should have that same right, shouldn&#39;t they? The right to claim their beliefs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b]
    And there it is... another moron that actually believes the Christian right had a large part of Bush&#39;s winning the election and NOTHING to do with the fact that he actually IS doing a good job and that Kerry has no positions on anything and has only damagegd the country and put our troops further into danger in the 70s. [/QUOTE]
    if this is a good job i shudder to think what you would consider a bad job

Bush&#39;s approval rating is still less than 50%

people didn&#39;t vote based on the job he was doing they voted based on Moral Views (whatever that means)

Moral Views means ignore parts of the bible that say turn the other cheek but highlight parts of the bible that say an eye for an eye or sodomy is an abonination.

Vengence is mine sayith the Lord. [/b][/quote]
    A bad job? That would be the eight years wasted prior to George W Bush being elected. I think I&#39;ve gone on enough in this forum on why Clinton was such a cancer to this country. He could sell ice to an eskimo which is why so many people bought into his s*it, but he was damaging to say the least.
    People voted MORE on the job he was doing than on moral views. Don&#39;t believe what you hear... just because some nut right wing Christian preacher says he effected the outcome doesn&#39;t make it true. You&#39;re going to LET him take credit for that? I certainly won&#39;t. Howard Stern had more of an effect on the voting this year than any or all of the Christian extremes.
    Turning the other cheek... I don&#39;t know where to begin. I really don&#39;t think that what happened on 9/11 falls into the "turn the other cheek" category. I&#39;m not insinuating that you get to pick and choose when it applies. I just don&#39;t think that this is what was meant by that story from the Bible. What happened on 9/11 was an attack of hatred that would continually happen again if it were not stopped immediately. Gore would have turned the other cheek. Kerry would have turned the other cheek. People who understand why these people hate us and for how long do not turn the other cheek. We&#39;ve been turning our cheeks for these people for decades. Time&#39;s up on turning the other cheek.