Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeezing Jello in Iraq

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:07 AM
    [b] WCM - does it bother you that no one takes you, your message or your opinions seriously? I mean, it has to be frustrating to be so insignificant, I'd imagine.

Nobody takes anarchists are anarcho-syndicalists seriously. You obviously know.........
    [b]SNIP[/b] [/b][/quote]
    Well... If it isn't the thought Police. 5ever you give Political Correctness a good name ! ;)

Where did I mention anything in my post about Anarchism or Anarcho-Syndicalism ? Do you see any references to Kropotkin, Emma Goldman, John Zerzan or Big Bill Hayward in my post ? Do you see any references to the Spanish CNT or the Spanish Civil War? If you do you had better get a check up from the neck up because there are none there.

You response really made my day. You didn't address a single fact contained in either article rather you chose to launch into a person attack on my character. I grin from ear to ear because such attacks are a clear expression of the intellectal bankruptcy of your position.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 11:27 AM
    [b] Bitonti has a legit point - why on earth are we telling the world when, where and how we are going to attack Fallujah? It makes no strategic sense. I can see that they tried negotiations, and that providing advance notice could help to save innocent ife, giving ordinary citizens a chance to evacuate in advance of the army...but he's right - all we are doing is providing the enemy with useful information...and that is never good. It puts our troops in more danger, which I think is a big mistake. I supprt the war and Bush - but I am scracthing my head on this one.... [/b][/quote]
    Remember when we landed in Somalia? There were reporters with cameras waiting for them. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole+Nov 10 2004, 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (WestCoastMole &#064; Nov 10 2004, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jets5ever[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:07 AM
    [b] WCM - does it bother you that no one takes you, your message or your opinions seriously? I mean, it has to be frustrating to be so insignificant, I&#39;d imagine.

Nobody takes anarchists are anarcho-syndicalists seriously. You obviously know.........
    [b]SNIP[/b] [/b][/quote]
    Well... If it isn&#39;t the thought Police. 5ever you give Political Correctness a good name &#33; ;)

Where did I mention anything in my post about Anarchism or Anarcho-Syndicalism ? Do you see any references to Kropotkin, Emma Goldman, John Zerzan or Big Bill Hayward in my post ? Do you see any references to the Spanish CNT or the Spanish Civil War? If you do you had better get a check up from the neck up because there are none there.

You response really made my day. You didn&#39;t address a single fact contained in either article rather you chose to launch into a person attack on my character. I grin from ear to ear because such attacks are a clear expression of the intellectal bankruptcy of your position. [/b][/quote]
    Of course it makes you grin. You post is an op-ed piece, not a bland statement of "facts." It&#39;s not even your OWN opinion&#33; Ritter thinks the war is unwinnable. That is not a "fact" it is an opinion. I would think someone with your impressive intellect (ha&#33;) would be able to tell the difference.

Many other columnists think we can win the war, and have written articles on it. Should I paste an article by Victor Davis Hanson as a reply to the "facts" in your article? OOh, what fun that would be&#33; Here&#39;s the plan - You post all of your negative articles and I&#39;ll post all of my positive articles, how about that?

You get off on being anti-American. Everyone knows it, except maybe for the newer posters here who simply don&#39;t know you yet. Pasting some op-ed that you agree with is meaningless. You openly root for innocent Amercians to die ( you cheered 9-11) and for our soldiers to die. You cheered when foreign contractors were tortured and killed in Iraq, and you have no opinions of your own and simply paste articles that are anti-American, in a lame attempt to pass those ideas off as your own original thoughts.

How is that Russian newspaper doing - the one that said the Iraqi Republican Guard was smashing us early on? How&#39;s [url]www.debka.com[/url] doing? How does it feel to be part of a group that NO ONE takes seriously?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 04:21 AM
    [b]
    Remember when we landed in Somalia? There were reporters with cameras waiting for them. Absolutely ridiculous. [/b][/quote]
    OMG I remember that&#33; How embarrassing&#33;
    Not that I was even born then, but back when Jimmy Doolittle raided Tokyo with bombers launched from aircraft carriers, we stumpted the world as that had never been done before. When asked where the bombers originated, FDR&#39;s answer was "from our new base in Shangri-La&#33;" Why can&#39;t we go back to those days when secrets that need to be kept to protect out troops are actually kept?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:07 AM
    [b] WCM - does it bother you that no one takes you, your message or your opinions seriously? I mean, it has to be frustrating to be so insignificant, I&#39;d imagine.

Nobody takes anarchists are anarcho-syndicalists seriously. You obviously know that. Now, I can appreciate your whole angle, I really can. If I wasn&#39;t smart, talented or good-looking, I&#39;d find some sort of angle too. So, I can see why you&#39;d gravitate towards something like anarchy...why not, it can&#39;t hurt, right? I bet 19-year old community college girls are probably impressed with such "shocking" ideas...for a little while anyway. I bet you cleaned up at goth parties whe you were younger, huh?

But, it gets to a point, when you get a little older, where it just becomes sad and pathetic...you&#39;re like a bee buzzing around an elephant. It doesn&#39;t frustrate you that your stings haven&#39;t killed the elephant, it frustrates you that the elephant doesn&#39;t even [i]notice[/i] you. That&#39;s really all that this whole anarchy and "subvert the dominant paradigm" nonsense is about - being noticed. In a way, I almost feel badly for you. Almost. [/b][/quote]
    Ha ha ha&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

[img]http://www.johnmonty.com/cotw/lindh.jpg[/img]
    [b]West Ass Hole[/b]