Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bman gets his wish...

All Pro
    [url=http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041110/D868MLD80.html]Ashcroft gone[/url]

I wonder who replaces Ashcroft?

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 11:11 PM
    [b] I wonder who replaces Ashcroft? [/b][/quote]
    Somewhere in Argentina, Himmler is dusting off his resume. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Nov 10 2004, 12:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Nov 10 2004, 12:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 11:11 PM
    Somewhere in Argentina, Himmler is dusting off his resume. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Nov 10 2004, 01:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Nov 10 2004, 01:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 9 2004, 11:11 PM
    Somewhere in Argentina, Himmler is dusting off his resume. :lol: [/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that may be the funniest post i&#39;ve ever seen here.

anyway, 1 down, 3 to go. unless they can do something about cheney ;)

Hall Of Fame
    The rumor mill has the leading candidate as the current Deputy AG who if appointed, would become the first African-American to hold that post.

Afterwards some buttwipe liberal would then label him a &#39;token&#39; and/or &#39;uncle tom&#39; and fail to both honor and respect the man for his hard work throughout his life to get to that position.

TomShane
    I just hope it&#39;s not some token, Uncle Tom black guy.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 01:41 AM
    [b] I just hope it&#39;s not some token, Uncle Tom black guy. [/b][/quote]
    According to Drudge, it&#39;s going to be Alberto Gonzales. Soooo, a token Spanish guy.

All League
    What I find hysterical is when the GOP gets all upset when democrats mock their minority appointments as token appointments.

All one has to do is look at the GOP convention in NY. I swear they must have rounded up nearly every minority republican they could find and jam them into MSG.

Its no secret the GOP has been trying to garner more of the minority vote. They have been successful, and part of the reason has been these token appointees. Funny because most Republicans are against affirmative action. Hopefully, this will all backfire in their face when southern whites get fed up.

Its a shame we live in such a racist country that uses minorities as chess pieces.

Let me just say though, that I am not saying these people are not qualified for the jobs, I&#39;m simply saying that they have been strategically assigned positions for political gain. Both parties do it and it is a shame. I also am not saying that minorites that have been elected are part of the problem.

For the record I really respect Colin Powell. He has spoken his mind and I suspect will have a lot to say once his post is up. I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if he resigns before January.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 12:44 PM
    [b] What I find hysterical is when the GOP gets all upset when democrats mock their minority appointments as token appointments.

All one has to do is look at the GOP convention in NY. I swear they must have rounded up nearly every minority republican they could find and jam them into MSG.

Its no secret the GOP has been trying to garner more of the minority vote. They have been successful, and part of the reason has been these token appointees. Funny because most Republicans are against affirmative action. Hopefully, this will all backfire in their face when southern whites get fed up.

Its a shame we live in such a racist country that uses minorities as chess pieces.

Let me just say though, that I am not saying these people are not qualified for the jobs, I&#39;m simply saying that they have been strategically assigned positions for political gain. Both parties do it and it is a shame. I also am not saying that minorites that have been elected are part of the problem.

For the record I really respect Colin Powell. He has spoken his mind and I suspect will have a lot to say once his post is up. I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if he resigns before January. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s funnier is the total hypocrisy of demokRATS....they say they are the party of tolerance yet look at their pathetic convention: where were the dissenting points of view?? How many anti-abortion dims got a chance to speak in Boston?

And while you mock the Republicans for their "token appointees" of qualified minorities, the democRATS can&#39;t even point to that as when they are in power they never elevate minorities to positions of power&#33;

[quote][b]Its a shame we live in such a racist country that uses minorities as chess pieces.[/b][/quote]

What&#39;s even sadder is minorities can&#39;t see through the rhetoric of the dims to grasp their actual record...

They say dims love poor people...and they do, so much so they want to keep poor people poor as it makes up a huge portion of their voting base.

[quote][b]Let me just say though, that I am not saying these people are not qualified for the jobs, I&#39;m simply saying that they have been strategically assigned positions for political gain. Both parties do it and it is a shame. I also am not saying that minorites that have been elected are part of the problem.[/b][/quote]

That has possibly got to be one of the most retarded statements ever posted...both Powell and Condi Rice had well established and documented relationships with GWB prior to his election in 2000. To incinuate they have been strategically assigned is totally foolish and not facing the truth...yet the libs and dims have been doing a terrific job of that recently&#33; :lol:

All League
    [quote][b]And while you mock the Republicans for their "token appointees" of qualified minorities, the democRATS can&#39;t even point to that as when they are in power they never elevate minorities to positions of power&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

Ummm hello. What about Janet Reno, I don&#39;t see the GOP propping up any man-women. Do you?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 12:57 PM
    [b] [quote][b]And while you mock the Republicans for their "token appointees" of qualified minorities, the democRATS can&#39;t even point to that as when they are in power they never elevate minorities to positions of power&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

Ummm hello. What about Janet Reno, I don&#39;t see the GOP propping up any man-women. Do you? [/b][/quote]
    so what should the President do.....make Rue Paul the AG??

Hall Of Fame
    The Dems actually took Al Sharpton seriously. I remember one question about the Federal Reserve Bank and Sharpton clearly had no idea what the Fed actually does. His answer was the most embrassing answer I have ever heard, yet no one attacked him or called him out for being grossly unqualified to be President.

Barack Obama was a token black speaker at the DNC, or not? Which is it? Did the color of his skin have anything at all to do with his high-profile speech?

Each party tries to garner more of every vote. Democrats do it by giving minorities other people&#39;s money, and race-baiting, and trying to let unqualified minorities into schools.

I think it&#39;s funny that the Dems talk all about diversity, yet are the first to attack any conservative minority as a &#39;token.&#39; They want affirmative action rights, but are the first to suggest that minorities only got where they are because of their skin color. I guess it is impossible for these Lords of Diversity to imagine that any hispanic or black would be conservative.

"But we pander to blacks and hispanics and off them hand-outs and tell them it&#39;s Whitey&#39;s fault - how can they possibly not vote Democratic?&#33;?&#33;?"

Clarence Thomas is going to become the first black Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. If he was a Dem or a liberal, or appointed by Carter, the mainstream media and Democrats would be talking endlessly about how "historic" it was, etc. They won&#39;t say peep now, cause he&#39;s a conservative minority - something they are deathly afraid of&#33;

If the GOP called any of Clinton&#39;s appointtees a "token" they&#39;d be villified as racists. If the GOP filibustered a liberal Miguel Estrada, Teddy Kennedy would be on 60 Minutes talking about how they are racists.

All League
    [quote][b]Section - you keep brining up the "racism" of this country, yet you seem to be making a hige deal about people&#39;s races. Gonzales is hispanic, Thomas is black. Who cares?[/b][/quote]

I care because it is obvious that both sides are using them for political gain. And no the Democratic party did not support Al Sharpton, they were pissed when he went off on a tangent at the convention. He knew he wasn&#39;t going to win, he just wanted to get his message out.

How about this guy? Does he represent the GOP since he was running as a Republican?
    [url=http://www.jameshartforcongress.com/]http://www.jameshartforcongress.com/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Section - you keep brining up the "racism" of this country, yet you seem to be making a hige deal about people&#39;s races. Gonzales is hispanic, Thomas is black. Who cares?[/b][/quote]

I care because it is obvious that both sides are using them for political gain. And no the Democratic party did not support Al Sharpton, they were pissed when he went off on a tangent at the convention. He knew he wasn&#39;t going to win, he just wanted to get his message out.

How about this guy? Does he represent the GOP since he was running as a Republican?
    [url=http://www.jameshartforcongress.com/]http://www.jameshartforcongress.com/[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Did he speak at the GOP convention?

The Dems let Sharpton speak at the convention man...who cares if they were &#39;pissed&#39; afterwards. They should have told him "thanks, but no thanks, boss."

Hall Of Fame
    Why is it when a Democrat appoints a minority to a position, it&#39;s a great advance for our society, but when a Republican does it, it&#39;s a token appointment. W has had one of the most diverse cabinents in history.

First African-Amercian Sec of State and NSA advisor.

Soon to be first Hispanic Attorney General.

In W1, he had Hispanics, african-americans, asians, and femals on his cabinent. So all of them were picked for their race as a token selection??? None of them earned their position???? Bull--it. Those guys/gals are there through hard work and dedication. It wasn&#39;t just handed to them

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 01:17 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Section - you keep brining up the "racism" of this country, yet you seem to be making a hige deal about people&#39;s races. Gonzales is hispanic, Thomas is black. Who cares?[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s the difference and why the libs will always be running from behind....it is only legitimate when THEY do it.

Anyone wonder why GWB got a bigger percentage of the black vote this time around or why a much greater percentage of the hispanic vote? Think these people are seeing through the farce that is the democratic party.

And speaking of voter supression...watch how union membership in this nation starts to turn towards the right after all the voter intimidation that took place this year at the hands of the AFL-CIO, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 10 2004, 01:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 10 2004, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 01:17 PM

[/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s the difference and why the libs will always be running from behind....it is only legitimate when THEY do it.

Anyone wonder why GWB got a bigger percentage of the black vote this time around or why a much greater percentage of the hispanic vote? Think these people are seeing through the farce that is the democratic party. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry...the votes were planted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I&#39;ve been saying it for years. What has the Democratic Party really done for minorities?

All League
    I know it wasn&#39;t "handed" to them. But it was a major consideration. The GOP has made no qualms about the fact they are trying to attract a more diverse following. It seems to have worked. To deny that fact is wrong.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 01:29 PM
    [b] I know it wasn&#39;t "handed" to them. But it was a major consideration. The GOP has made no qualms about the fact they are trying to attract a more diverse following. It seems to have worked. To deny that fact is wrong. [/b][/quote]
    After the 4-5 pt victory from Bush I think your whole Re Defeat Bush theme is a bit out of touch. Only Randy Rhodes and the soon extinct Air America are still pushing that garbage.