Thread: And here comes Rev. Falwell....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard about his new evangelical coalition on CNN this morning, went to his website for details. Here's the link and the piece. While looking for this, I came across an article from 2001 that said Falwell apologized for his 'gays, abortionists, feminists' etc. blame of 9-11 so I'm posting that also since I was not aware of his apology back then...guess he realized how bizarre a statement that was also, is he stable?

[url=http://www.falwell.com]http://www.falwell.com[/url]
    [url=http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/]http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/[/url]

[color=purple]A 21ST CENTURY MORAL MAJORITY HAS RETURNED

Following the sweeping re-election of President Bush and a new generation of conservative lawmakers nationwide, a new organization, The Faith and Values Coalition, has been launched. The group’s central premise is to utilize the momentum of the November 2 elections to maintain an evangelical revolution of voters who will continue to go to the polls to “vote Christian.” Essentially, TFVC is a 21st century resurrection of the Moral Majority.

At age 71, I am committing to a four-year stint as national chairman of The Faith and Values Coalition (TFVC). In addition, Mathew Staver, founder and general counsel of the Orlando, Fla.-based Liberty Counsel, will serve as vice-chairman, while my son, Jonathan Falwell, will serve as executive director. Additionally, renowned author and theologian Dr. Tim LaHaye will serve as the Coalition’s board chairman.

One of our primary commitments is to help make President Bush’s second term the most successful in American history. He will certainly need the consistent prayer and support of the evangelical community as he continues to spearhead the international war on terror and the effort to safeguard America.

THE THREE-PRONGED TFVC PLATFORM

Our three-fold platform is: (1) the confirmation of pro-life, strict constructionist U.S. Supreme Court justices and other federal judges; (2) the passage of a constitutional Federal Marriage Amendment; and (3) the election of another socially- fiscally- and politically-conservative president in 2008.

My new leadership role in TFVC reminds me of a similar commitment I made more than a quarter-century ago. It was April 1979. I had just founded the Moral Majority and agreed to devote five years to its leadership. I actually gave ten years of my life before disbanding the organization in 1989 to focus on the expansion of Liberty University.

At that time, God burdened my heart to mobilize religious conservatives around a pro-life, pro-family, strong national defense and pro-Israel platform, designed to return America to her Judeo-Christian heritage.

And I distinctively feel that burden again. Our nation simply cannot continue as we know it if we allow out-of-control lawmakers and radical judges — working at the whims of society — to alter the moral foundations of America.

During Moral Majority’s heyday, we registered millions of new voters and re-activated millions more. More than 100,000 pastors, priests and rabbis and nearly seven million families joined hands and hearts to reclaim America for God. Many historians believe the result was the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980 and the genesis of what the media calls the “Religious Right.” [/color]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, here we go with the lefts agenda to make this election a referendum on the religous right taking over the world! :lol:

[img]http://www.intellectualconservative.com/images/tncmdnts3.jpeg[/img]

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Make it stop! Make it guh guh guh go away!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Falwell is a raving lunatic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Falwell can try to do whatever he wants. It won't work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have 100% more in common with Cheifs than falwell!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:38 AM
    [b] i have 100% more in common with Cheifs than falwell!! [/b][/quote]
    lets not start with the insults

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Falwell is the rights version of howard dean.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 07:56 AM
    [b] [color=purple]A 21ST CENTURY MORAL MAJORITY HAS RETURNED

Following the sweeping re-election of President Bush and a new generation of conservative lawmakers nationwide, a new organization, The Faith and Values Coalition, has been launched. The group’s central premise is to utilize the momentum of the November 2 elections to maintain an evangelical revolution of voters who will continue to go to the polls to “vote Christian.” Essentially, TFVC is a 21st century resurrection of the Moral Majority.

At age 71, I am committing to a four-year stint as national chairman of The Faith and Values Coalition (TFVC). In addition, Mathew Staver, founder and general counsel of the Orlando, Fla.-based Liberty Counsel, will serve as vice-chairman, while my son, Jonathan Falwell, will serve as executive director. Additionally, renowned author and theologian Dr. Tim LaHaye will serve as the Coalition’s board chairman.

One of our primary commitments is to help make President Bush’s second term the most successful in American history. He will certainly need the consistent prayer and support of the evangelical community as he continues to spearhead the international war on terror and the effort to safeguard America.

THE THREE-PRONGED TFVC PLATFORM

Our three-fold platform is: (1) the confirmation of pro-life, strict constructionist U.S. Supreme Court justices and other federal judges; (2) the passage of a constitutional Federal Marriage Amendment; and (3) the election of another socially- fiscally- and politically-conservative president in 2008.

My new leadership role in TFVC reminds me of a similar commitment I made more than a quarter-century ago. It was April 1979. I had just founded the Moral Majority and agreed to devote five years to its leadership. I actually gave ten years of my life before disbanding the organization in 1989 to focus on the expansion of Liberty University.

At that time, God burdened my heart to mobilize religious conservatives around a pro-life, pro-family, strong national defense and pro-Israel platform, designed to return America to her Judeo-Christian heritage.

And I distinctively feel that burden again. Our nation simply cannot continue as we know it if we allow out-of-control lawmakers and radical judges — working at the whims of society — to alter the moral foundations of America.

During Moral Majority’s heyday, we registered millions of new voters and re-activated millions more. More than 100,000 pastors, priests and rabbis and nearly seven million families joined hands and hearts to reclaim America for God. Many historians believe the result was the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980 and the genesis of what the media calls the “Religious Right.” [/color] [/b][/quote]
    Yeah and ..... :huh:

[b]"Falewell is starting a PAC"[/b]

Uh, Okay .... and this means what?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:31 AM
    [b] Falwell can try to do whatever he wants. It won't work. [/b][/quote]
    What won't work?

He won't get people to join his PAC?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 08:54 AM
    [b] Falwell is a raving lunatic. [/b][/quote]
    You know there are some people who would label you a raving lunatic for your views on abortion ... and many of the same people who would gladly echo your sentiments on Falwell

[b]I am not one of them[/b] and of course that would be an ad-homonym attack, but it's something to consider

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Nov 10 2004, 12:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Nov 10 2004, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:31 AM
    [b] Falwell can try to do whatever he wants. It won&#39;t work. [/b][/quote]
    What won&#39;t work?

He won&#39;t get people to join his PAC? [/b][/quote]
    It seems to me that Falwel is buying into the left wing propoganda that says he actually DID make the difference in the election. I think he wants to accept the credit for that and use that to his benefit in recruiting more to his cause. That&#39;s my take on it anyway. He&#39;s still a few fries shy of a happy meal to me.