Thread: Are there any Jets fans......

Veteran
    I've been playing guitar for 26 years, doesn't mean I'm any good, but I know great guitar playing when I hear it.

I'm gonna be seeing/hearing some great guitar playing in the new year.

The Dixie Dregs (with the Steve Morse Band opening) are doing 8 western U.S. gigs in January. I'm flying down for the following:

Jan 16 Petaluma CA
    Jan 17 Sacramento CA
    Jan 18 San Francisco CA

Would love to meet any Jets fans at these shows, we should be right smack in the playoffs then.

cheers,
    Doug S.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Dregs are great. Saw them do a nice version of Kazmir. Is "the" Dr. on violin or the other bum? Big difference IMO.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 12:00 PM
    [b] The Dregs are great. Saw them do a nice version of Kazmir. Is "the" Dr. on violin or the other bum? Big difference IMO. [/b][/quote]
    To me, the Dregs are the best.

I've been lucky enough to meet and speak with Steve Morse several times. He really doesn't like doing cover tunes, but they're fun to listen to.

Dr. Allen Sloan is not playing with them anymore, I think he's goit a practice somewhere in Georgia.

You're referring to violinist Jerry Goodman, ex of the Flock and Mahavishnu Orchestra to name a couple of bands. Not so sure I'd call him a bum.

There is a distinct sound difference in their violins however.
    Allen played an acoustic violin and Jerry plays an electric one.

thanks,
    Doug S.