Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bush Revives bid to legalize illegal aliens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 03:31 PM
    [b]

The more you say it doesn't make it any more true. [/QUOTE]
    ugh... you're so young and confused. I don't THINK you're stupid enough to that nonsense. [/QUOTE]
    [quote][b]I don't THINK you're stupid enough to that nonsense. [/b][/quote]

I'm smart enough to know that sentence is nonsense. [/b][/quote]
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice. That was meant to say that I don't think you're stupid enough to actually believe that nonsense... which you're not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 02:37 PM
    [b] [QUOTE=Section109Row15,Nov 11 2004, 03:31 PM]

The more you say it doesn't make it any more true. [/QUOTE]
    ugh... you're so young and confused. I don't THINK you're stupid enough to that nonsense. [/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]I don't THINK you're stupid enough to that nonsense. [/QUOTE]

I'm smart enough to know that sentence is nonsense. [/QUOTE]
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice. That was meant to say that I don't think you're stupid enough to actually believe that nonsense... which you're not. [/b][/quote]
    He believes it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 12:25 PM
    [b] [quote][b]If libs and cons seem to agree on this issue then why is it that politicians are completely off base on it?
    [/b][/quote]

This is exactly what I have been trying to explain to you guys forever. Bush does not cater to his base, he caters to his big buisness friends. Yeah sure maybe he will throw you guys a bone once in a while but his true motives are clear to anyone who looks closely. Hopefully, you guys will realize that Iraq really was about controlling energy and not some humanitarian aide effort.

Republican ideals are not so bad, in my opinion, the problem is the current Republican (aka neo-cons) party does not uphold those values and principles. Your hatred for democrats has blinded you. If you were true Republicans you would support the Libretarians or demand change in the Republican party. All you guys have been saying it is good that Kerry lost because maybe now they will stop being so damn liberal, but the reverse could be said about you guys, maybe if Bush lost the Republicans could take a look in the mirror and realize they are wolves in sheeps clothing. Just my 2 cents.

Isn't one of the main tenants of the Republican party to be fiscally conservative and small government? Name me one Republican president who has abided by that in recent memory. Sure they may underfund certain programs, but then they spend that money and tons more for tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations, or for wars, or on the military. I'm not saying that military spending is necessarily bad, but you need to look at where they are spending the money and who is dictating the policy. Things like mini-nukes or a missle defense system are not going to make us safer they will simply make the defense contractors richer. They support cheap labor and want to privatize everything.

The Republicans now have free reign to do pretty much whatever they want. I hope you guys are smart enough to call them out on things when they go too far. You should start a campaign if this or other issues bother you and let them know that you did not vote for this!

Once again just my 2 cents for whatever its worth. [/b][/quote]
    I think without a doubt you could say the same for the other side as well. And I support the Libertarian Party, I am a registered Libertarian. But as simple-minded as it may sound, my vote for Bednarik does nothing for what I believe in. Sure I can maybe vote with a clear conscience, but the fact is that puts Kerry one step closer to becoming president, which is worse.

Ideally, I wish I could vote 3rd party and get things changed. But the fact of the matter is Bush is, IMO, better than Kerry and supports more of my views. I agreed with one issue with Kerry and that's gay marriage. Why I am going to make my vote help that guy more, when I can vote for Bush whose policies I generally support?

Sure the Republican Party is in trouble, as is the Democratic, but nothing can be done as much I hate to say it. I honestly wouldnt have a problem voting 3rd party if I thought my vote would help but I know it wont. I know there are too many people who think this way and its never going to change.

As much as a change is needed, it's only going to get worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b] "Their amnesty plan was dead on arrival when they sent it to the Congress in January, and if they send the same pig with lipstick back to Congress next January, it will suffer the same fate," he said.
    [/b][/quote]
    End of discussion if you ask me. :lol: