Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyewitness: Defiance amid Carnage

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3999899.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_ea...ast/3999899.stm[/url]

Eyewitness: Defiance amid carnage
    As US forces battle insurgents in streets strewn with rubble and corpses, Iraqi sources question the claims that the US controls much of Falluja. The BBC News website spoke by phone to Fadhil Badrani, a journalist in the city who reports for the BBC World Service in Arabic.

I went for a walk around the city last night after the Americans pulled back.

It was very quiet - often the only sounds coming from the movement of fighters along streets and rooftops.

In places, it was also very dark, with only the occasional rocket or flare lighting the way.

Wherever I went, I found broken buildings and bodies - local people and fighters killed on the streets.

Clutching weapons

I also saw four crippled US tanks and three abandoned Humvees.

In the Hasbiyyah area, I counted the bodies of at least six US soldiers lying on the ground.

Some of them were badly mangled with various bits blown off. Others were in better condition, as if they had taken small-arms fire.

I noticed two of the US soldiers were still clutching their guns tightly across their chests. But most of their weapons were missing.

Some of the dead are beginning to rot in the streets.

But the living do not exactly smell great either - I have not had a bath for a week. Nor have I shaved.

There is no real rest here, day or night.

Jolan flashpoint

The US brought in a very big force on Wednesday morning.

The mosques no longer broadcast the daily call to prayer but nor are they silent.

Every time a big bomb lands nearby, the cry rises from the minarets: "Allahu Akbar" [God is great].

The worst fighting is to the north of the city, in the Jolan district.

This is where a lot of the fighters have been based.

Incidentally, it is also where US security guards were ambushed in April, leading to the first siege of Falluja.

I think it is misleading to say the US controls 70% of the city because the fighters are constantly on the move.

They go from street to street, attacking the army in some places, letting them through elsewhere so that they can attack them later.

The fighters have told me they are prepared to resist the Americans until the death.

They say they are fighting not just for Falluja, but for all Iraq.

They express confidence that they will win in the end.

They say the idea is to inflict enough casualties on the American troops to force them to reconsider their mission.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, this guy catches a round fired by a US Marine between the eyes. The balls to post this on Veteran's Day. Your parents must be proud-ROOTING FOR TERRORISTS TO KILL AMERICAN SOLDIERS. Eff Faghill Badbreath or what ever his name is.

Just when you think some people can't get any lower, they surprise you.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll have to highlite the part where he is rooting for the terrorists to kill american soldiers because quite honestly I didn't see it anywhere in that article. Sounded to me like he's describing the scene the way he sees it. Maybe it's just not what you want to hear hence the reason you're so upset over the article.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 01:46 AM
    [b] You'll have to highlite the part where he is rooting for the terrorists to kill american soldiers because quite honestly I didn't see it anywhere in that article. Sounded to me like he's describing the scene the way he sees it. Maybe it's just not what you want to hear hence the reason you're so upset over the article. [/b][/quote]
    nice job

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Nov 11 2004, 08:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Nov 11 2004, 08:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 01:46 AM
    [b] You&#39;ll have to highlite the part where he is rooting for the terrorists to kill american soldiers because quite honestly I didn&#39;t see it anywhere in that article. Sounded to me like he&#39;s describing the scene the way he sees it. Maybe it&#39;s just not what you want to hear hence the reason you&#39;re so upset over the article. [/b][/quote]
    nice job [/b][/quote]
    I am pretty sure that Bugg wasn&#39;t referring to the article specifically with his "rooting for terrorists" comment, rather addressing WCM&#39;s penchant for cheering with JOY whenever there are ANY reported casualties amongst Americans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant+Nov 11 2004, 08:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetFanTransplant @ Nov 11 2004, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by dickkotite@Nov 11 2004, 08:18 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 01:46 AM
    [b] You&#39;ll have to highlite the part where he is rooting for the terrorists to kill american soldiers because quite honestly I didn&#39;t see it anywhere in that article. Sounded to me like he&#39;s describing the scene the way he sees it. Maybe it&#39;s just not what you want to hear hence the reason you&#39;re so upset over the article. [/b][/quote]
    nice job [/b][/quote]
    I am pretty sure that Bugg wasn&#39;t referring to the article specifically with his "rooting for terrorists" comment, rather addressing WCM&#39;s penchant for cheering with JOY whenever there are ANY reported casualties amongst Americans. [/b][/quote]
    ok fair enough. that annoys the hell out of me too.

but i dont think he was talking about wcmule

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WCM has had no problem openly rooting for Americans to die in the past, and has always posted any article he can find that implies that catastrophy is right around the corner for them. Hell, during the early phases of the war, he posted articles from "eyewitnesses" that talked about how the Iraqi Republican Guard was killing a thousand US troops per day. It&#39;s how he "subverts the dominant paradigm" or something....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]The fighters have told me they are prepared to resist the Americans until the death.

They say they are fighting not just for Falluja, but for all Iraq.

They express confidence that they will win in the end.

They say the idea is to inflict enough casualties on the American troops to force them to reconsider their mission.

[/b][/quote]

Sayeth said post. Who is THEY exactly except our enemies-his source? What does that sound like to you? Kill US soldiers, make America withdraw. HIS POST. I dunno...am I missing something here? Along with wonderful descriptions of dead American troops.

C&#39;mon, damn liberals&#33; Get on our team-we&#39;re going for the big win&#33; Because these guys would kill us all in a heartbeat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that story absolutely has to be true. The U.S. military ALWAYS leaves its dead behind to rot in the middle of the street.

Hey mole: 4 more years. Haddya like dem apples?

TomShane
    Is anybody opposed to just air-bombing the piss out of the whole area instead of dicking around with the lives of ground-troops in an futile effort to look politically correct? Either we&#39;re at war or we&#39;re not. All this p***y-footing is disgraceful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] Is anybody opposed to just air-bombing the piss out of the whole area instead of dicking around with the lives of ground-troops in an futile effort to look politically correct? Either we&#39;re at war or we&#39;re not. All this p***y-footing is disgraceful. [/b][/quote]
    I think it&#39;s crossed everyone&#39;s minds, but I think that truly WOULD make the situation worse worldwide. I think that really WOULD create more terrorists as the administration&#39;s policies have been accused of already.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 01:46 AM
    Maybe, as most lib posters on this forum, you have the observation skills of a blind-retard?

West Coast Hole has taken liberty in gleefully posting stories, 99% which are horsesh&#33;t, about American deaths abroad.

He openly rooted for Al-Sadre on this board, then dissapeared the three months after Al-Sadre got his ass kicked.

He joyously posted a bogus report from SkyNews that 180 servicemen had been killed nead Sadre City.....which turned out to be more lies and wishful thinking on his part.

And likewise, after the US Marines trample Fallujah and kill 1000&#39;s of insurgents, as they are now, westcoasthole will not be heard from on this forum for another six months.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 11 2004, 01:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 11 2004, 01:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 01:46 AM
    Maybe, as most lib posters on this forum, you have the observation skills of a blind-retard?

West Coast Hole has taken liberty in gleefully posting stories, 99% which are horsesh&#33;t, about American deaths abroad.

He openly rooted for Al-Sadre on this board, then dissapeared the three months after Al-Sadre got his ass kicked.

He joyously posted a bogus report from SkyNews that 180 servicemen had been killed nead Sadre City.....which turned out to be more lies and wishful thinking on his part.

And likewise, after the US Marines trample Fallujah and kill 1000&#39;s of insurgents, as they are now, westcoasthole will not be heard from on this forum for another six months. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not causing trouble and I&#39;m CERTAINLY not siding with Mole, BUT...
    they just announced we lost 18 in Fallujah.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b] I&#39;m not causing trouble and I&#39;m CERTAINLY not siding with Mole, BUT...
    they just announced we lost 18 in Fallujah. [/b][/quote]
    Sad, espeically today....but our troops have killed more than 600 of the enemy.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 11:28 AM
    [b] Maybe, as most lib posters on this forum, you have the observation skills of a blind-retard?

[/b][/quote]
    Is it even remotely possible for you to reply to a post without insulting the person it&#39;s directed at unless he&#39;s a gung ho republican such as yourself?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.cicentre.com/Graphics/spies/Susan_Lindauer2.jpg[/img]

To the happy home
    With trees and flowers and chirping birds
    And basket weavers who sit and smile
    And twiddle their thumbs and toes
    And they&#39;re coming to take me away, Ha-haaa&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This dirtball can walk the streets, but yet we leave our dead soldiers on the ground.
    The story is bull****. We would never leave anyone behind dead or wounded no matter how bad the situation is/was. this guy is just full of s**t.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    West Ass Hole. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk+Nov 11 2004, 07:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Alk @ Nov 11 2004, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 11:28 AM
    [b] Maybe, as most lib posters on this forum, you have the observation skills of a blind-retard?

[/b][/quote]
    Is it even remotely possible for you to reply to a post without insulting the person it&#39;s directed at unless he&#39;s a gung ho republican such as yourself? [/b][/quote]
    no if you&#39;re a lib...and the truth is I am not a gung ho Repub...rather, as anti-lib as anyone can possibly be.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 08:58 PM
    [b] no if you&#39;re a lib...and the truth is I am not a gung ho Repub...rather, as anti-lib as anyone can possibly be. [/b][/quote]
    Where have I ever said that I&#39;m a liberal? :unsure: