Thread: What do you think about this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a little more than pissed off.

I just found out that some acquantences of ours here in Florida, have gone and gotten FEMA food cards.

These are basically food stamps in the form of a credit card.

It turns out that just about ANYBODY could have waited in line for 6 hours, claimed their power was out for a couple of days and they lost all their food in their fridge.

Why I am pissed is that it amounts to $150pp in your household. So one family got $450 and the other got $750

First off it is rediculous to think that any of these people had even $200 in food in their fridge. What makes it worse is that one of them works for an equipment rental company and he had a 14kw generator powering his whole house for the 22 hours he was without power.

The other family lives in friggin' Lake Nona... DID NOT LOSE POWER but claims that the fallen trees in her yard created a hardhsip. The boys cleaned it up in a day, the city picked up the cuttings.

Now Lake Nona is a 1/2 step down from Isleworth (Shaq and Tiger Woods Neighborhood). This neighborhood is IMMACULATE and very high dollar.

Now family #1 doesn't make a whole lot of cash, so I suppose I can't be too pissed, however, when they came over to the neighbors house with $50 worth of steaks purchased on their "food stamp card" I get a little annoyed.

Family #2 makes GREAT MONEY and just chose to take advantage. These people lost nothing, no hardship, good income yet felt the need to take advantage of all the hurricane aid. This really pisses me off.

Both of these families are BRAGGING about it.

When they told me about it, I simply said "you're welcome." They asked what I meant, I said to them both "Decent people like myself and the rest of the neighbors here went without, so [u]less[/u] needy people like you can get your free stuff, I am glad to see my tax dollars working for you."

Does anyone think this is right? Opinions?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it is rediculous, but what do you expect when the Bushes trys to exploit the hurricanes for Florida';s votes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 03:14 PM
    [b] Of course it is rediculous, but what do you expect when the Bushes trys to exploit the hurricanes for Florida';s votes? [/b][/quote]
    ugh... you're so young and confused.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b] Of course it is rediculous, but what do you expect when the Bushes trys to exploit the hurricanes for Florida';s votes? [/b][/quote]
    Exploit hurricanes?! You don't know the half of it - they [i]caused[/i] the hurricanes. Dubya suspended ten thousand SUVs at the top of the atmosphere and kept them filled with gas and running nonstop for months - causing the hurricanes just in time for his re-election bid. He had to invade Iraq to get the oil he needed. Then, the plan was to lavish aid onto Florida's citizens, so he'd win that state.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b]Of course it is rediculous, but what do you expect when the Bushes trys to exploit the hurricanes for Florida';s votes?[/b][/quote]
    Here, just for you... Keep grasping!

[img]http://www.ecopolis.com.au/projects/CWGBC/Images/straw.jpg[/img]