Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moore to Shoot 'Fahrenheit' Sequel

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    then again maybe he does...bilking the left for millions of dollars then receiving their applause by claiming Haliburton is profiting off the war:

LOS ANGELES Michael Moore (search) plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the Sept. 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein (search), the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2" (search) ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information [in this election] and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group (search), formed by Weinstein and brother Bob to help distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11," did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which won top honors at last May's Cannes Film Festival, became the first documentary to top $100 million at the domestic box office. Moore, who won the documentary Academy Award for "Bowling for Columbine," is pushing "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the best-picture category for the upcoming Oscars.

The issues for the follow-up film will remain the same, Iraq and terrorism, Moore said.

"The official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining: George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again," Moore said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark my words...it will be open season on Moore-on...no more biting your tongue from the right since the election is over. Though they won't go as far as the Hitlerian tactics the dims tried against the Swift Boat Vets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 10:52 AM
    [b] LOS ANGELES Michael Moore (search) plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the Sept. 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information [in this election] and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

[/b][/quote]
    Firstly, I still can't believe that film is considered a "documentary." Of course, the people that call it that are as left of left as one can be so I suppose I should expect nothing more from them.

I would expect Moore to follow up with a sequal. His lack of care and love of country is overshadowed by his greed. He'll simply tell more blatant lies and continue to mislead in his "documentary" to garner more money from this sure-to-be blockbuster.

This guy is simply bad news.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 09:52 AM
    [b] A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group ... [/b][/quote]
    "Fellowship Adventure Group"?

What acronym do they use?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is such a ****bag and is only in it for the money. He could care less about this country. Thats why when he is overseas he bashes americans every chance he gets. Hopefully he next to go.

BYE BYE ARAFAT

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Because he knows the same nitwits will pay to see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] Because he knows the same nitwits will pay to see it. [/b][/quote]
    EXACTLY...
    Isn't it funny how Hollywood thinks they're the pulse of the country. Even Kerry said that during that whole Whoopi concert during the campaign. NO ONE relates to them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Harvey Weinstein is having a little post-election temper tantrum with his own Christian employees

============================================

[url=http://www.nypost.com/gossip/33921.htm]http://www.nypost.com/gossip/33921.htm[/url]

[b][SIZE=3]BAH HUMBUG!![/SIZE][/b]

[img]http://www.nypost.com/photos/pg611122004a.jpg[/img]

Harvey Weinstein has already scrooged his Miramax minions this year. Late Tuesday, Weinstein sent out a memo saying that the "skeleton" week between Christmas and New Year historically a paid vacation week for Miramaxers would no longer be provided by the company. "As a result of the change in company policy . . . if you wish to take off from work on any days between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, you will need to use accrued vacation days," the memo said. Miramax rep Matthew Hiltzik said: "Every day is Christmas at Miramax."

=============================================

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 09:52 AM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]
    Keep insulting the right. It gets the left absolutely nowhere.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all hate Moore so much but tell me. What seperates you from him? You all do the exact same s**t against Kerry. The only difference is you dip****s don't have the coin to make a movie. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it ironic how big-businessman, michael moore, got (and is still getting) richer and richer off the stupidity of the left?

The movie that was to turn the tide of American history did the exact opposite. GW won in a modern day landslide and the left keeps fatso in cheeseburgers.

I just love irony.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 10:23 AM
    [b] You all hate Moore so much but tell me. What seperates you from him? You all do the exact same s**t against Kerry. The only difference is you dip****s don't have the coin to make a movie. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That's BS and you know it. Kerry's record speaks for itself. Everything Zell Miller said is the truth, and that stuff, more than anything, is the reason why it was so important to get President Bush re-elected. That SOB Kerry came back from Viet Nam and joined a COMMUNIST ORGANIZATION. He actively and willfully engaged in subversive, anti-American activity with the INTENT TO DEFEAT AMERICA WHILE AT WAR WITH NORTH VIET NAM. During the campaign, he continuously compromised the war effort to undermine Bush for the sole purpose of taking power.

Well, the Nazi's sealed the deal by burning down the Reichstag and blaming the communists.

I guess the end's always justify the means. "Integrity... integrity... integrity." As in: I have none.

When the line was drawn in the sand, good ol' John Kerry was standing on the other side, with corrupt, vile pigs like Kofi Annan and Jacque Chirac.

What part of that don't you understand?

Anybody naive enough to think he would have been the solution has their head firmly embedded in their @ss.

Michael Moore is a POS. He is one guy I would not think twice about pushing down a flight of stairs given half a chance.

This past year, the left has relentlessly attacked and villified the President of the United States of America, in a vicious campaign of propaganda, while we are at war.

If you can't see how wrong that was, and can't understand my anger and outrage towards it, I understand completely.

You're obviously mentally ill.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]This past year, the left has relentlessly attacked and villified the President of the United States of America, in a vicious campaign of propaganda, while we are at war.

If you can't see how wrong that was, and can't understand my anger and outrage towards it, I understand completely.

You're obviously mentally ill.
    [/b][/quote]

I'm curious, what did you think about the Lewinsky thing? What exactly was that?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sec109, what Moses is saying {if I may read between the lines} is that once again Kerry and his cronies have divided this nation on issues of war and peace ... just as they did during Nam ... and that is VERY DANGEROUS while this nation is at war with Islamic terrorism {i.e. savages who lie awake at nite thinking of new ways to kill us all}

Prior to this campaign the nation was far more united in the war on terror ... there were a few voices of disent {the usual suspects}, but for the most part this nation was strongly united in this effort .... but once again Kerry and his cronies {i.e. the Michael Moorer's of the world} have taken a sledge-hammer to our unity on fighting and winning a war, and unlike Vietnam, this time it's a war THAT DOES directly effect issues of life and death right here at home

In short, undermining the war in Vietnam was one thing, but undermining the war on terror is something quite different ... something incredibly dangerous for Americans where they live and breathe, right here at home

That's a helluva legacy to be proud of, huh?

PS. As for demonizing John Ashcroft ... does he get any credit at all for preventing another terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11? ... cause I'd really love to know WHO ON THIS BOARD sat there on 9/11 and even entertained the possibility that the terrorists wouldn't hit us again, and soon?

I was absolutely certain ... 100% certain that the terrorists would hit us again in the days and months immediately following 9/11 ... every expert on Islamic terrorism agreed with that conclusion ... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM ... yet here we sit three years later, under John Ashcroft's stewardship as AG, and they didn't hit us ONE TIME

So crucify the man for rounding up terrorist cells in America and trampling on your precious rights {which OBTW is a complete crock of $hit}, but while you're at it don't forget to thank him for keeping you and your loved ones alive

And this is why most right thinking people were petrified at the idea of a liberal in the White House ... cause while we are engaged in a life and death struggle with Islamic terrorism, the liberals idea of a [b]DANGEROUS MAN[/b] was John Ashcroft

I can only pray that our next AG is [b]AS SUCCESSFUL[/b]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 12:01 PM
    [b] Sec109, what Moses is saying {if I may be read between the lines} is that once again Kerry and his cronies have divided this nation on issues of war and peace ... just as they did during Nam ... and that is VERY DANGEROUS while this nation is at war with Islamic terrorism {i.e. savages who lie awake at nite thinking of new ways to kill us all}

Prior to this campaign the nation was far more united in the war on terror ... there were a few voices of disent {the usual suspects}, but for the most part this nation was strongly united in this effort .... but once again Kerry and his cronies {i.e. the Michael Moorer's of the world} have taken a sledge-hammer to our unity on fighting and winning a war, and unlike Vietnam, this time it's a war THAT DOES directly effect issues of life and death right here at home

In short, undermining the war in Vietnam was one thing, but undermining the war on terror is something quite different ... something incredibly dangerous for Americans where they live and breathe, right here at home

That's a helluva legacy to be proud of, huh?

[/b][/quote]
    wait a sec....

Yes there was unity against terrorism when 9-11 happened and we were going after Bin Laden, then came Saddam and Iraq. Don't blame Kerry for that division of the unity. Those blue states were ones that were affected on 9-11.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 14 2004, 07:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 14 2004, 07:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 10:23 AM
    [b] You all hate Moore so much but tell me. What seperates you from him? You all do the exact same s**t against Kerry. The only difference is you dip****s don&#39;t have the coin to make a movie. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s BS and you know it. Kerry&#39;s record speaks for itself. Everything Zell Miller said is the truth, and that stuff, more than anything, is the reason why it was so important to get President Bush re-elected. That SOB Kerry came back from Viet Nam and joined a COMMUNIST ORGANIZATION. He actively and willfully engaged in subversive, anti-American activity with the INTENT TO DEFEAT AMERICA WHILE AT WAR WITH NORTH VIET NAM. During the campaign, he continuously compromised the war effort to undermine Bush for the sole purpose of taking power.

Well, the Nazi&#39;s sealed the deal by burning down the Reichstag and blaming the communists.

I guess the end&#39;s always justify the means. "Integrity... integrity... integrity." As in: I have none.

When the line was drawn in the sand, good ol&#39; John Kerry was standing on the other side, with corrupt, vile pigs like Kofi Annan and Jacque Chirac.

What part of that don&#39;t you understand?

Anybody naive enough to think he would have been the solution has their head firmly embedded in their @ss.

Michael Moore is a POS. He is one guy I would not think twice about pushing down a flight of stairs given half a chance.

This past year, the left has relentlessly attacked and villified the President of the United States of America, in a vicious campaign of propaganda, while we are at war.

If you can&#39;t see how wrong that was, and can&#39;t understand my anger and outrage towards it, I understand completely.

You&#39;re obviously mentally ill. [/b][/quote]
    So you&#39;re saying that most of the good ol&#39; boy republicans on this board wouldn&#39;t have made a movie bashing Kerry if they had the money and know how to make a movie? The rest of what you say is irrelevent to me beause I didn&#39;t vote or either of the idiot slimeballs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk+Nov 14 2004, 01:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Alk @ Nov 14 2004, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Jet Moses@Nov 14 2004, 07:55 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 13 2004, 10:23 AM
    [b] You all hate Moore so much but tell me. What seperates you from him? You all do the exact same s**t against Kerry. The only difference is you dip****s don&#39;t have the coin to make a movie. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s BS and you know it. Kerry&#39;s record speaks for itself. Everything Zell Miller said is the truth, and that stuff, more than anything, is the reason why it was so important to get President Bush re-elected. That SOB Kerry came back from Viet Nam and joined a COMMUNIST ORGANIZATION. He actively and willfully engaged in subversive, anti-American activity with the INTENT TO DEFEAT AMERICA WHILE AT WAR WITH NORTH VIET NAM. During the campaign, he continuously compromised the war effort to undermine Bush for the sole purpose of taking power.

Well, the Nazi&#39;s sealed the deal by burning down the Reichstag and blaming the communists.

I guess the end&#39;s always justify the means. "Integrity... integrity... integrity." As in: I have none.

When the line was drawn in the sand, good ol&#39; John Kerry was standing on the other side, with corrupt, vile pigs like Kofi Annan and Jacque Chirac.

What part of that don&#39;t you understand?

If you can&#39;t see how wrong that was, and can&#39;t understand my anger and outrage towards it, I understand completely.

You&#39;re obviously mentally ill. [/b][/quote]
    So you&#39;re saying that most of the good ol&#39; boy republicans on this board wouldn&#39;t have made a movie bashing Kerry if they had the money and know how to make a movie? The rest of what you say is irrelevent to me beause I didn&#39;t vote or either of the idiot slimeballs. [/b][/quote]
    The difference between Michael Moore and MOST Americans no matter WHAT their political affiliation is that we don&#39;t think that blatant lying and misleading actually helps the country even if that means our choice for President actually gets elected. Michael Moore does not understand the damage he did domestically and abroad to this nation. He has given the terrorists fodder to fuel their confidence.
    Would I have made a movie about Kerry if I had the money? Probably not, but if I DID choose to do that it wouldn&#39;t be based on lies and misleadings. I think Kerry and his record spoke for themselves in this election. He, too, did more damamge and put more Americans in harms way then he realized. If he had stopped to think about it he would have realized that. It&#39;s that lack of rational thinking... or thinking at ALL that helped me not to choose him to lead this country.
    I think that MOST of the Democrats and Liberals that lead such a campaign of hatred ALSO did not think about the negative impact they were having on this country. I&#39;ve really become disheartened by the "left."
    Your choice in the election doesn&#39;t matter regardless. You ASKED us a question and we are answering. Don&#39;t ask a question and tell us that our response is irrelevant. Sometimes I really wonder if I&#39;m talking to some 13 year old sitting in his room with his Patsy sleeping bag typing such nonsense on here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme+Nov 14 2004, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (R. Tyme @ Nov 14 2004, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 12:01 PM
    [b] Sec109, what Moses is saying {if I may be read between the lines} is that once again Kerry and his cronies have divided this nation on issues of war and peace ... just as they did during Nam ... and that is VERY DANGEROUS while this nation is at war with Islamic terrorism {i.e. savages who lie awake at nite thinking of new ways to kill us all}

Prior to this campaign the nation was far more united in the war on terror ... there were a few voices of disent {the usual suspects}, but for the most part this nation was strongly united in this effort .... but once again Kerry and his cronies {i.e. the Michael Moorer&#39;s of the world} have taken a sledge-hammer to our unity on fighting and winning a war, and unlike Vietnam, this time it&#39;s a war THAT DOES directly effect issues of life and death right here at home

That&#39;s a helluva legacy to be proud of, huh?

[/b][/quote]
    wait a sec....

Yes there was unity against terrorism when 9-11 happened and we were going after Bin Laden, then came Saddam and Iraq. Don&#39;t blame Kerry for that division of the unity. Those blue states were ones that were affected on 9-11. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, there was unity up untill the Democratic primarys were in full swing. Even as late as December of 2003 there was 70% support for the war in Iraq. The division began when people like Howard Dean began claiming that Bush had prior knowledge of 9/11. It continued when people like Senator Kennedy and Al Gore called the President a liar who betrayed his country and concocted a war for personal gain.

Ham and Jet Mo hit the nail on the head with their earlier posts. Is is sad that the Democrats were so hungry for power that they ran a campaign which sought to divide the country at a time of war. It was especially disturbing due to the fact that Kerry has a clear history of attempting to divide the country during wartime. One might actually conclude that he was chosen for the task because he had been successfull at it in the past.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 11:43 AM
    [b] [quote][b]This past year, the left has relentlessly attacked and villified the President of the United States of America, in a vicious campaign of propaganda, while we are at war.

You&#39;re obviously mentally ill.
    [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m curious, what did you think about the Lewinsky thing? What exactly was that? [/b][/quote]
    No one ever answered my question.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Nov 15 2004, 01:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Nov 15 2004, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 11:43 AM
    [b] [quote][b]This past year, the left has relentlessly attacked and villified the President of the United States of America, in a vicious campaign of propaganda, while we are at war.

[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m curious, what did you think about the Lewinsky thing? What exactly was that? [/b][/quote]
    No one ever answered my question. [/b][/quote]
    Imagine if the Republicans brought Lewinsky to thw WH and encouraged her to have sex with blowjob bill...then consider that the events unfolded as they did...

Now the rats in fact did vote to give the President the authority to go to war and they backed that up by senator after senator and representative after representative claiming Hussien was a major threat who had WMD...there was no doubt...yet when the President acts lterally on thier behalf, following up on their votes he&#39;s called a liar, moron, etc...

You are comparing rotten eggs to apples.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 14 2004, 10:43 AM

[/b][/quote]

The Monica thing was wrong. The Republicans should not have gone after Clinton the way they did. I think Clinton&#39;s abuse of power was typical and by doing that in OUR Oval Office... in OUR White House... was a slap in the face to every American president that served this country before him. It was a piss on the very office. It showed us Clinton&#39;s total lack of regard and respect of US (as Americans) and of the office of the president. I don&#39;t think, however, that the Repulicans should have gone through the hoops they did to deface Clinton. The Republicans didn&#39;t LIE about what was going on, but they took the hunt a little too far IMO.
    This is NOT, however, the same when we are talking about a president who has not done anything wrong. I know you don&#39;t agree with that, but let&#39;s pretend for argument&#39;s sake that he had... ok... so he STILL doesn&#39;t deserve what the left has done. The lying is what separates the two examples. The left outrightly lied, distorted when they could, and mislead the American people when they could about a president who has been doing what he thinks is right. Bush&#39;s approval rating is low because of the leftist koolaid as well as because, unlike Clinton, he doesn&#39;t lead this country based on polls. Polls change daily for no apparent reason. What&#39;s right doesn&#39;t change.