Thread: Powell calls it quits....

What does everyone think about this????

it was inevitable - the Powell doctrine dictates that no military conflict should be entered upon without OVERWHELMING levels of force - the rest of the White House crapped on Powell's doctrine and this is the result.

the real tragedy is this only means promotion for incompetants such as Condi Rice.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 11:04 AM
    [b] What does everyone think about this???? [/b][/quote]
    Powell served his country well. I hope to see him in the presidential mix for 2008. Changeover in the cabinet is expected in a second term. I hope they give Condi Rice a chance in his vacant position. She is well deserving.

flushingjet
    its terrific-Herm's military equvalent is retiring!

All League
    Maybe he is fed up with their crap and will write a book outing all the frauds in the administration.

[quote][b]..............Allison said Powell's resignation should come as no surprise to those who have watched as the secretary tired of battles against Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld (search), whose national security and foreign policy views often won administration approval over Powell's more diplomatic approach.

Among those disputes was whether Al Qaeda and deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein were linked. At the United Nations, Powell also staked his reputation on intelligence data that showed Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. Those weapons have not been found.

"His credibility has gone down considerably over the last couple years to the point that he and his staff have largely been engaged in, let's say, hit-and-run tactics against a more powerful secretary of defense," FOX News contributor and former ambassador Mark Ginsberg said.

"He [and Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage (search)] thought the White House was far too peppered with ideologues," said Chicago Tribune editor James Warren......................[/b][/quote]

From FoxNews.com

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 15 2004, 12:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 15 2004, 12:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 11:04 AM
    [b] What does everyone think about this???? [/b][/quote]
    Powell served his country well. I hope to see him in the presidential mix for 2008. Changeover in the cabinet is expected in a second term. I hope they give Condi Rice a chance in his vacant position. She is well deserving. [/b][/quote]
    His wife threatened to leave him if he ran for president in 96, fearing that he&#39;d get assasinated. I seriously think this is the last you&#39;ll ever see of Colin Powell in the political spotlight.

I think he&#39;s great, but something tells me he hasn&#39;t been involved in things for the last three years or so.