Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldier killing the insurgent

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know he isn't, just pissed about all libs who are being babies because there guy lost..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:06 PM
    [b] I know he isn't, just pissed about all libs who are being babies because there guy lost.. [/b][/quote]
    but none of his posts had to do with his opinion on Kerry or Bush or the election.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure they do. He is just a one sided as the liberal media. You show me one post where he supports anything that our troops or President is doing..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    shoot now ask questions later....all it takes is one scuzlim to feign injury then come out from under a blanket with a ak-47 and kill a bunch of our guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:29 PM
    [b] Sure they do. He is just a one sided as the liberal media. You show me one post where he supports anything that our troops or President is doing.. [/b][/quote]
    I'm talking about this thread. He said nothing political in this thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only regret I have about it is that that iraqi piece of garbage wasn't shot with his own ammunition.

Wasting an American bullet worth 10 cents on one of those POS is 10 cents too much in my opinion. And any liberal that will cry about this is a total jacka$$.

We are at war against an enemy that straps bombs to themselves or cuts off the heads of innocent people and videotapes it. It's about time we fight fire with fire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My call?? After I shot the Scum I shoot the reporter who will use that Pic
    and put it in the Hands of the Terrorists..Ever notice the Liberal Media
    always call out our Troops for crimes but not the Terrorists?? This is War
    People not a Tennis game on a sunny day! If Kerry was Pres that brave
    Marine would go before the World Court! There was a Lib on the Radio
    the other day that called Osama a "Great Man" with world wide support!
    Matt Lauer and Katie Couric would probley agree once they get done
    praising the great Man Arafat who just died&#33;&#33; <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 01:37 PM
    [b]
    I agree 100% with that, BUT...
    do you think that military personnel should face criminal charges based on a possible bad judgement call? That was really the intent of my debate. [/b][/quote]
    was it against the laws of war? yes but the laws of war have been suspended for a long time in this conflict - the insurgents blowing themselves up and taking cover among citizenry is also against the rules of war, technically speaking.

so i see nothing wrong with the killing, especially under the heightened circumstances - war is war and there was a reason why the Bush team waited until after Nov 2 to take care of this dirty laundry.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m just curious if there will be as much outrage over this shooting as the one of the poor woman who spent the last 30 years of her life helping Iraqi people.

Our guys are in a fight for their lives against scumbags who know no rules. God Bless our troops.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything happens to this kid the whole marine corp. should lay down their arms and demand to be sent home immediatly.

That punk a&#036;&#036; traitor reporter should be shot in the head.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 09:57 PM
    [b]
    was it against the laws of war? yes but the laws of war have been suspended for a long time in this conflict - the insurgents blowing themselves up and taking cover among citizenry is also against the rules of war, technically speaking.

so i see nothing wrong with the killing, especially under the heightened circumstances - war is war and there was a reason why the Bush team waited until after Nov 2 to take care of this dirty laundry. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think we know enough to say whether it was or wasn&#39;t against the "laws" of war. I think that&#39;s why it&#39;s being looked into. As far as the laws of war go, they&#39;ve been broken by everyone without recourse. The Japanese were held accountable for murdering (and eating and experimenting on) POWs during WWII, but the Americans weren&#39;t held accountable for dropping millions of pounds of napalm on Tokyo and other cities, killing noncombatants (old men, women and children - the young men were off fighting somwhere) by the tens of thousands. What about Dresden? And in the same war, Russia wasn&#39;t held accountable for murdering thousands of Japanese POWs. The laws don&#39;t always apply when it comes to war. In THIS case, I think he&#39;s more innocent then anything the Americans did in WWII.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    KILL THEM ALL, LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 10:14 AM
    [b] I don&#39;t think we know enough to say whether it was or wasn&#39;t against the "laws" of war. [/b][/quote]
    the guy was unarmed - killing the enemy out of combat is technically against the rules of war - but like you said correctly the rules of war have not really applied for a while -

heck technically this isn&#39;t even a declared war it&#39;s an executive police action, loose coalition of nations psuedo-justified by UN resolution 1441

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that people are even talking about this is a joke. This is a non-issue. When in doubt - shoot. Err on the side of caution. Too many of our boys have been killed by ambushes, or terrorists pretending to be civilians, etc. This kid has been through hours and hours of tough fighting, and knows the devious nature of our enemy. I&#39;d rather our soldiers do this to 10,000 terrorists than to have a single US soldier lose his life because he hesitated, thinking erroneously that a terrorist was actually not a threat to him or his brothers. F*ck that terrorist. Tough luck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever: The PC term is insurgent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b] 5ever: The PC term is insurgent. [/b][/quote]
    I prefer "separatist" or "militant" or "commando" myself....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b] the guy was unarmed - killing the enemy out of combat is technically against the rules of war - but like you said correctly the rules of war have not really applied for a while -
    [/b][/quote]
    He wasn&#39;t killed out of combat. The combat has changed. The combat involved dead and near dead bodies with explosives to kill Americans. There&#39;s no way of knowing exactly whether he did or didn&#39;t have a weapon or explosives at the time. It is NOT as black and white as you say. That&#39;s why I say we don&#39;t have enough information.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    much like how the combat has changed, now we have to pre-emptively invade countries as a matter of national security

right enrique pollazo? :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 05:07 PM
    [b] much like how the combat has changed, now we have to pre-emptively invade countries as a matter of national security

right enrique pollazo? :D [/b][/quote]
    damn straight we do&#33; As long as we have good intelligence that they really are a future threat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why we should not let reporters or camera crews to go along with our troops.

I say the next time one of these marines comes across a injured or dead terrorists scum, the sgt in charge should have the camera man or reporter check the body for booby traps.