Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldier killing the insurgent

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 05:25 PM
    [b] This is why we should not let reporters or camera crews to go along with our troops.

I say the next time one of these marines comes across a injured or dead terrorists scum, the sgt in charge should have the camera man or reporter check the body for booby traps. [/b][/quote]
    I know what you mean, but on the other side of that we'd see a lot more accusations of atrocities by our soldiers that didn't happen in an effort to further sway the Islamic public opinion of America. I fear it would actually make things worse.

I still wonder why we didn't simply bomb the enemy into oblivion. Innocent civillians had plenty of time to leave before we attacked.

Why we put our men and women in danger confuses me. We have a clear technological superiority in terms of weapon systems available. Using our men and women as cannon fodder is tacticily and morally unacceptable.

We should have bombed this place into the ground, then cleaned up the remains with bulldozers.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Darkstar Conspiracy[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I still wonder why we didn't simply bomb the enemy into oblivion. [/b][/quote]
    Because Bitonti would of cried about civilian casualties.

Here, read this/ they didn't mention how the "insurgents" chopped off hostages feet so they couldnt escape:

US marines find underground prison, bodies in Fallujah

Fri Nov 12, 1:26 PM ET Mideast - AFP

FALLUJAH, Iraq (AFP) - US marines uncovered an underground prison in Fallujah containing at least two bodies and two emaciated brothers who were still alive, an intelligence officer, who refused to be identified, told AFP.

The prison was discovered in a house in the Jolan neighbourhood, considered the insurgent nerve centre in the city. Marines were clearing the building after it was shelled by the US military when they were alerted by screaming.

At the back of the house, one of many they were shooting at with hundreds of rounds or firing at with mortars Friday, the troops opened a door and found a barred prison with three cells below.

An AFP reporter who entered the house saw two corpses covered in ash, and two men, who were apparently mentally handicapped and had yelled themselves hoarse, were led from the building by marines.

Inside, one of the bodies was riddled with bullet holes and had clearly been executed. The other may have been that of a man who died in shelling by US-led forces, the officer said.

"It looks like an execution chamber or something," one marine said.

US marines, backed by Iraqi troops, entered Fallujah late Monday to quell a growing insurgency so that elections planned for January can go ahead in increased safety and with wider participation.

While they swept through the majority Sunni Muslim city quickly at first, they have become bogged down by die-hard insurgents who would not surrender and have begun the painstaking and dangerous task of checking buildings one at a time.

The two apparently handicapped men, who gave their names as Hamis and Ahmed Azawi, were overwrought, exceedingly agitated and terribly emaciated.

Speaking to an AFP correspondent in Fallujah as he sat on the floor under a flashlight being fed by marines, Hamis Azawi said he had not eaten in six days.

"I hate my brother. He locked us up," he said, dressed in white, blood-flecked flannel.

When asked who this other brother was or who the men in the cells might have been he became overly agitated and incoherent.

Later when they were taken outside, one of the brothers ran off down the street screaming and was tackled and calmed by five marines.

More than 200 foreigners have been kidnapped in Iraq since April by different militant groups and many have been beheaded. An unknown, but surely greater, number of Iraqis have also been terrorised in this way.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 19 2004, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 19 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Darkstar Conspiracy[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I still wonder why we didn&#39;t simply bomb the enemy into oblivion. [/b][/quote]
    [/b][/quote]
    don&#39;t put words into my mouth - i&#39;ve said from the beginning i&#39;d rather nuke the ME than sacrifice one American soldier for this cause -

unfortunately you can&#39;t pump oil out of sand that glows...

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 20 2004, 01:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 20 2004, 01:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Jet Moses@Nov 19 2004, 09:54 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-The Darkstar Conspiracy[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 03:54 PM
    [b] I still wonder why we didn&#39;t simply bomb the enemy into oblivion. [/b][/quote]
    [/b][/quote]
    don&#39;t put words into my mouth - i&#39;ve said from the beginning i&#39;d rather nuke the ME than sacrifice one American soldier for this cause -

unfortunately you can&#39;t pump oil out of sand that glows... [/b][/quote]
    So why were you crying about Abu Graib? Forget it, you&#39;re all over the place. Just sing your new national anthem...

Alouette, gentille Alouette
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai la tÍte
    Je te plumerai la tÍte
    Et la tÍte, et la tÍte
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai le nez
    Je te plumerai le nez
    Et le nez, et le nez
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai les yeux
    Je te plumerai les yeux
    Et les yeux, et les yeux
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai le cou
    Je te plumerai le cou
    Et le cou, et le cou
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai les ailes
    Je te plumerai les ailes
    Et les ailes, et les ailes
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai le dos
    Je te plumerai le dos
    Et le dos, et le dos
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai les pattes
    Je te plumerai les pattes
    Et les pattes, et les pattes
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
    Alouette je te plumerai
    Je te plumerai la queue
    Je te plumerai la queue
    Et la queue, et la queue
    Alouette, Alouette
    O-o-o-o-oh
    Alouette je te plumerai

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+Nov 19 2004, 08:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ Nov 19 2004, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Darkstar Conspiracy[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 03:54 PM
    [/b][/quote]
    Is G.W. crafting millitary policy based on Bit or his ilk? I sure hope not. I have been led to believe he was a stand up man who did the right thing, regardless of the consequences or potential criticism......

I sure hope he isn&#39;t forcing American Soldiers to do the job of American Bombs simply because he is afraid of criticism.....

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 20 2004, 01:53 PM
    [b] i&#39;ve said from the beginning i&#39;d rather nuke the ME than sacrifice one American soldier for this cause

unfortunately you can&#39;t pump oil out of sand that glows... [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t worry about it, my friend ... if and when the terrorists detonate a dirty bomb on American soil, you will get your wish

The ICBM&#39;s will be flying fast and furious ... and the entire middle east will be glowing in the dark

That&#39;s why these crazy ME regimes have more at stake in the war on terror than even we do ... but they are just too dumb to know it

If they realized what was going down should a terrorist drop a dirty bomb in America, they would be hunting down these terrorists even more relentlessly than GWB ... and they wouldn&#39;t rest until they have killed every last one of them