Thread: White House Story

Funny Stuff

One sunny day in 2005, an old man approached the White House from across
    Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.
    He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, ''I would like
    to go in and meet with President Kerry.''
    The Marine looked at the man and said, ''Sir, Mr. Kerry was not elected
    President.''
    The old man said, ''Okay'' and walked away.
    The following day, the same man approached the White House and said
    to the same Marine, ''I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.''
    The Marine again told the man, ''Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr.
    Kerry was not elected president and does not reside here.''
    The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.
    The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the
    very same U. S. Marine, saying ''I would like to go in and meet with
    President Kerry.''
    The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and
    said, ''Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
    speak to Mr. Kerry. I've told you already that Mr. Kerry was not elected
    president and does not reside here. Don't you understand?'''
    The old man looked at the Marine and said, ''Oh, I understand. I
    just love hearing it.''
    The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, ''See you tomorrow.''

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] Funny Stuff

Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.
    He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, ''I would like
    to go in and meet with President Kerry.''
    The Marine looked at the man and said, ''Sir, Mr. Kerry was not elected
    President.''
    The old man said, ''Okay'' and walked away.
    to the same Marine, ''I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.''
    The Marine again told the man, ''Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr.
    Kerry was not elected president and does not reside here.''
    very same U. S. Marine, saying ''I would like to go in and meet with
    President Kerry.''
    said, ''Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
    speak to Mr. Kerry. I've told you already that Mr. Kerry was not elected
    president and does not reside here. Don't you understand?'''
    The old man looked at the Marine and said, ''Oh, I understand. I
    just love hearing it.''
    The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, ''See you tomorrow.'' [/b][/quote]
    I didn't realized Marines guarded the Whitehouse. I always see secret service when I walk by during my lunch break.

Well , they are there. They are EOD units that transfer in every 6 months and are attached to the secret service.

Maybe next time you should wipe your tears away, because your loser kerry is not in the WHITE HOUSE, and look closer or maybe even ask one of them.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Nov 16 2004, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Nov 16 2004, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] Funny Stuff

Pennsylvania Avenue, where he&#39;d been sitting on a park bench.
    He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, &#39;&#39;I would like
    to go in and meet with President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine looked at the man and said, &#39;&#39;Sir, Mr. Kerry was not elected
    President.&#39;&#39;
    The old man said, &#39;&#39;Okay&#39;&#39; and walked away.
    to the same Marine, &#39;&#39;I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine again told the man, &#39;&#39;Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr.
    Kerry was not elected president and does not reside here.&#39;&#39;
    very same U. S. Marine, saying &#39;&#39;I would like to go in and meet with
    President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    said, &#39;&#39;Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
    speak to Mr. Kerry. I&#39;ve told you already that Mr. Kerry was not elected
    president and does not reside here. Don&#39;t you understand?&#39;&#39;&#39;
    The old man looked at the Marine and said, &#39;&#39;Oh, I understand. I
    just love hearing it.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, &#39;&#39;See you tomorrow.&#39;&#39; [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t realized Marines guarded the Whitehouse. I always see secret service when I walk by during my lunch break. [/b][/quote]
    I could be wrong, but aren&#39;t the secret service active military personnel?

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 16 2004, 06:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 16 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Section109Row15@Nov 16 2004, 06:13 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfaninCO[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 05:42 PM
    [b] Funny Stuff

Pennsylvania Avenue, where he&#39;d been sitting on a park bench.
    He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, &#39;&#39;I would like
    to go in and meet with President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine looked at the man and said, &#39;&#39;Sir, Mr. Kerry was not elected
    President.&#39;&#39;
    The old man said, &#39;&#39;Okay&#39;&#39; and walked away.
    to the same Marine, &#39;&#39;I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine again told the man, &#39;&#39;Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr.
    Kerry was not elected president and does not reside here.&#39;&#39;
    very same U. S. Marine, saying &#39;&#39;I would like to go in and meet with
    President Kerry.&#39;&#39;
    said, &#39;&#39;Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
    speak to Mr. Kerry. I&#39;ve told you already that Mr. Kerry was not elected
    president and does not reside here. Don&#39;t you understand?&#39;&#39;&#39;
    The old man looked at the Marine and said, &#39;&#39;Oh, I understand. I
    just love hearing it.&#39;&#39;
    The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, &#39;&#39;See you tomorrow.&#39;&#39; [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t realized Marines guarded the Whitehouse. I always see secret service when I walk by during my lunch break. [/b][/quote]
    I could be wrong, but aren&#39;t the secret service active military personnel? [/b][/quote]
    No idea, but they are always dressed in suites with earpieces and dark sunglasses, even at night.

you guys gloat like hell but the next four years could be very dicey

notice no mention of the consumer price index rises and inflation numbers from the GOP dominated board...

you wanted Dubya well watch out cause you got him. Moral values he might have but so far he&#39;s been mediocre at best as a President.

[quote][b]I could be wrong, but aren&#39;t the secret service active military personnel? [/b][/quote]

No, they are part of the treasury department(I think). Their other responsibility is to hunt down counterfeiters. Author Gerald Pavetich (To Live and Die in LA) is a former Secret Service agent who writes about such things. Not as exciting as James Ellroy but good just the same

[quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 10:44 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I could be wrong, but aren&#39;t the secret service active military personnel? [/b][/quote]

No, they are part of the treasury department(I think). Their other responsibility is to hunt down counterfeiters. Author Gerald Pavetich (To Live and Die in LA) is a former Secret Service agent who writes about such things. Not as exciting as James Ellroy but good just the same [/b][/quote]
    I knew a bunch of the guys that used to guard Blair House. They were all ex-military personnel. I&#39;m not sure if they were active at the time or what department they reported to as Secret Service agents. They hated Bill Clinton, Hillary even more. They ended up serving their terms and starting their own security service. They were the security detail to Charlie Sanford, CEO of Bankers&#39; Trust about 10 years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:03 PM
    [b] you guys gloat like hell but the next four years could be very dicey

notice no mention of the consumer price index rises and inflation numbers from the GOP dominated board...

you wanted Dubya well watch out cause you got him. Moral values he might have but so far he&#39;s been mediocre at best as a President. [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti - please instruct me as to how, specifically, Bush [i]directly [/i]impacts the CPI index or the inflation rate.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Nov 17 2004, 12:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Nov 17 2004, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:03 PM

you wanted Dubya well watch out cause you got him. Moral values he might have but so far he&#39;s been mediocre at best as a President. [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti - please instruct me as to how, specifically, Bush [i]directly [/i]impacts the CPI index or the inflation rate. [/b][/quote]
    Your feeble mind couldn&#39;t comprehend.

IT WAS A FREAKIN&#39; JOKE, PEOPLE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    IT WAS A FUNNY FREAKIN&#39; JOKE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    LIGHTEN UP ALREADY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 10:04 AM
    [b] Bitonti - please instruct me as to how, specifically, Bush [i]directly [/i]impacts the CPI index or the inflation rate. [/b][/quote]
    he&#39;s been dispersing dollars all over the globe without backing the currency with sound fiscal policy. In this global world, any ground the US dollar loses against world currencies translates into a cut into potential profits for big corporations -

hence the real value of dollar is worth less, and prices rise

when big money around the world want to put their investments into a currency they aren&#39;t using US dollars - this was not always the case, as recently as the late 2000 the US dollar was considered a high quality currency worldwide... now it&#39;s the currency of the common man.

we are throwing dollars at Iraq (and a thousand other forms of Pork) without return plus tax cuts&#33;&#33;&#33; you tell me what&#39;s gonna happen... world opinion is a very real dynamic that this administration ignores on a daily basis.

ps- condi rice is a horrible nomination for secretary of state...

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:03 PM

I&#39;ve been too busy enjoying the excellent returns I&#39;ve been getting on my stock portfolio lately to worry about those things. What was the problem again?

[quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b]
    I&#39;ve been too busy enjoying the excellent returns I&#39;ve been getting on my stock portfolio lately to worry about those things. What was the problem again? [/b][/quote]
    invested heavy in defense stocks im sure

the dow hasn&#39;t been great

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 17 2004, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 17 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b]
    I&#39;ve been too busy enjoying the excellent returns I&#39;ve been getting on my stock portfolio lately to worry about those things. What was the problem again? [/b][/quote]

the dow hasn&#39;t been great [/b][/quote]
    Actually some dollar weakness is a good thing for businesses. It makes out goods cheaper for foreign countries to purchase. It evens the playing fields. And as LGM would probablly tell you, the main factor in the dollar weakness is the low US interest rates. It has little to do with any policies a president would put in place.

[quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:44 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I could be wrong, but aren&#39;t the secret service active military personnel? [/b][/quote]

No, they are part of the treasury department(I think). Their other responsibility is to hunt down counterfeiters. Author Gerald Pavetich (To Live and Die in LA) is a former Secret Service agent who writes about such things. Not as exciting as James Ellroy but good just the same [/b][/quote]
    They are part of the Treasury Department. They also hunt down petafiles and are involved with developing scholl safety programs.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Nov 17 2004, 11:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Nov 17 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by bitonti@Nov 17 2004, 11:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b]

Actually some dollar weakness is a good thing for businesses. It makes out goods cheaper for foreign countries to purchase. It evens the playing fields. And as LGM would probablly tell you, the main factor in the dollar weakness is the low US interest rates. It has little to do with any policies a president would put in place. [/b][/quote]
    Low interest rates are definately part of it, as is the current account deficit and budget deficiet. The dollar will probably continue to fall until we get these factors in check. Unforunately, the US government and consumer is so addicted to debt and spending, I can never see our current account and bugdets getting into check. The only way to get things in balance is for the cintinung fall of the dollar. Right now the dollar is being supported by China and Japan basically financing our debts by pegging their currencies using US debt instruments.

The weak dollar actually helps multinationals Bit, they make money on the exchange back into a weaker currency and our products cheaper releative to forgien goods.

But you are correct Bit, the stuff might hit the fan soon. This is defiantely a tough balancing act. There isn&#39;t much the gov&#39;t could do to intervene. Interventions in the free market dont work in the long run. The institution of a national sales tax would help the current account deficit (people would inticed to save rather than spend and be taxed, lowering the demand for foriegn goods.)

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money+Nov 17 2004, 03:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Lawyers, Guns and Money @ Nov 17 2004, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by chiefst2000@Nov 17 2004, 11:57 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by bitonti@Nov 17 2004, 11:54 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b]

Actually some dollar weakness is a good thing for businesses. It makes out goods cheaper for foreign countries to purchase. It evens the playing fields. And as LGM would probablly tell you, the main factor in the dollar weakness is the low US interest rates. It has little to do with any policies a president would put in place. [/b][/quote]
    Low interest rates are definately part of it, as is the current account deficit and budget deficiet. The dollar will probably continue to fall until we get these factors in check. Unforunately, the US government and consumer is so addicted to debt and spending, I can never see our current account and bugdets getting into check. The only way to get things in balance is for the cintinung fall of the dollar. Right now the dollar is being supported by China and Japan basically financing our debts by pegging their currencies using US debt instruments.

The weak dollar actually helps multinationals Bit, they make money on the exchange back into a weaker currency and our products cheaper releative to forgien goods.

But you are correct Bit, the stuff might hit the fan soon. This is defiantely a tough balancing act. There isn&#39;t much the gov&#39;t could do to intervene. Interventions in the free market dont work in the long run. The institution of a national sales tax would help the current account deficit (people would inticed to save rather than spend and be taxed, lowering the demand for foriegn goods.) [/b][/quote]
    buy low, sell high&#33; NPV is for sissies&#33; Invest in Vegas, baby, Vegas&#33;&#33;