Thread: Bush Cabinet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to say 6 of the original 15 Bush cabinet members have left. What does that say?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dubya is cleaning house

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:26 PM
    [b] Dubya is cleaning house [/b][/quote]
    If he is then why? If he isn't then why are these people quitting? I know Powell hasn't been in the mix for what seems like three years, but the rest fo them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Nov 16 2004, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo @ Nov 16 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:26 PM
    [b] Dubya is cleaning house [/b][/quote]
    If he is then why? If he isn&#39;t then why are these people quitting? I know Powell hasn&#39;t been in the mix for what seems like three years, but the rest fo them? [/b][/quote]
    It can be exhausting being part of a Presidential cabinet. It is very common to see some major turnover in a 2nd term. Nothing to be concerned about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:36 PM
    [b]
    It can be exhausting being part of a Presidential cabinet. It is very common to see some major turnover in a 2nd term. Nothing to be concerned about. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I&#39;m not concerned and I know it&#39;s par for the course. I&#39;m just hearing a lot on the news. Speculating that Bush&#39;s cabinet doesn&#39;t even want to back him up for four more years and all. It&#39;s pathetic, but I thought we&#39;d get a good debate going here. Instead you and I once again are sitting here agreeing with each other. lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin Powell was the only cabinet member I respected (except for Paul O&#39;Neil.)

What appears to be happening is that anyone who didn&#39;t back Bush 100% over the last 4 years got the boot. They don&#39;t seem to want any difference of opinion. This is extending beyond the cabinet into places like the CIA.

I don&#39;t know about any of you, but frankly it scares me. It is bad enough that the Democrats are pussies and don&#39;t stand up to W, but now he will not have even friendly opposition. I don&#39;t want a country run by yes-men.

Look what they have done to Senator Spector. They are out to crucify him because he said it would be difficult to appoint a pro-life judge. He was just stating his opinion. I thought the Republicans were supposed to reaching out to moderates?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s that big a deal. I&#39;m pretty sure that both Clinton and Reagan had to appoint 7 new cabinet members each going into their second term.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look up any second presidential term and you&#39;ll see the same thing. Four years of taking crap and making peanuts (compared to the millions they make in the private sector) is enough motivation to make anyone resign.

I&#39;ll take Condi running that joke called the State Department over Colin Powell any day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b]
    I&#39;ll take Condi running that joke called the State Department over Colin Powell any day. [/b][/quote]
    Condi Rice is one broad who is going to piss off alot of people abroad. :D

remember folks Powell was a general but Condi screwed enough Chevron executives to get a supertanker named after her&#33;

it&#39;s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:01 PM
    [b] Condi Rice is one broad who is going to piss off alot of people abroad. :D [/b][/quote]
    Good.

The more foreigners (and liberals) that get pissed off, the better.

Too bad guys like you get more pissed off about unproven rumors than facts like the un oil for food scandal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 05:45 PM
    [b] Four years of taking crap and making peanuts (compared to the millions they make in the private sector) is enough motivation to make anyone resign.

[/b][/quote]
    I think this nails it...these people are going to be very wealthy, very soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 10:48 PM
    [b] The more foreigners (and liberals) that get pissed off, the better.
    [/b][/quote]
    Actually, that&#39;s not at ALL a good thing.

Section, I think it&#39;s typical for a President to surround himself with people who share his own agenda. They have enough opposition as it is. It doesn&#39;t mean they have to be "yes people." It&#39;s well known that Powell has had much stronger differences with Bush and the rest of the cabinet. I think it&#39;s ok to assume that that&#39;s why HE&#39;S leaving, but the rest I&#39;m sure have other reasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Nov 16 2004, 08:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb &#064; Nov 16 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 08:01 PM
    [b] Condi Rice is one broad who is going to piss off alot of people abroad. :D [/b][/quote]
    Good.

The more foreigners (and liberals) that get pissed off, the better.

Too bad guys like you get more pissed off about unproven rumors than facts like the un oil for food scandal. [/b][/quote]
    wake up weeb this is a global marketplace - the US pisses off it&#39;s allies and other nations at it&#39;s own peril, not only in economic terms but also affects the war on terror.

the UN oil for Food thing has been common knowledge for years - this administration seems to have smoothed over relations with Putin, why can&#39;t you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell supposedly only intended to spend his 4 years in the cabinet and then get out. I&#39;d agree with the reasoning of burnout combined with crappy pay in comparison with what they could make in the private sector.