Thread: French insurgents killed in Iraq

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]French insurgents killed in Iraq [/b]

Three Frenchmen have died fighting with insurgents against US-led troops in Iraq, reports say.

The men, all of Arab origin, were killed in the country over recent months as the insurgency has flared.

Two of the men were aged 19 and the third was 24 years old, a French official said.

Authorities estimate that around a dozen Frenchmen of north African or Arab background have travelled to Iraq to join the insurgency.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4023021.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4023021.stm[/url]

more....

PARIS, Nov 18 (AFP) - Three, and possibly four, Frenchmen have been killed in Iraq fighting with insurgents seeking to oust US-led forces in the country, a French official said Thursday.

A 24-year-old Frenchman from Paris identified as Tarek W. was killed on September 17, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

He was the latest addition to a list French authorities have drawn up of French casualties in Iraq, all of whom appear to be of Arab origin.

The two other men on the list were Redouane el-Hakim, a 19-year-old also from Paris who was killed July 17, and Abdel Halim Badjoudj, 19, killed in Iraq on October 20, according to the official, who confirmed a report in Le Figaro newspaper.

The case of El-Hakim, who was of Tunisian origin, was first reported October 22 and confirmed by officials. They said his brother, Boubakeur, 21, was being detained by Syrian authorities.

French officials were checking the identity of a fourth man who was killed in recent weeks to see if he, too, held French citizenship.

Authorities estimate that around a dozen Frenchmen of north African Arab background have gone to Iraq via Syria to join the insurgency against US-led troops, but said there was no proof of an organised recruitment network.

[url=http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=58&story_id=14100&name=Three+Frenchmen+killed+fighting+US+in+Iraq]http://www.expatica.com/source/site_articl...ting+US+in+Iraq[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 less terrorists in the world. Good show!

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    These were some dudes of arab origin that so happened to live in France yet they're frogs? :lol: God I love this place. Does this mean mexicans living in New York are "Yanks". :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Nov 18 2004, 09:44 PM
    [b] These were some dudes of arab origin that so happened to live in France yet they're frogs? :lol: God I love this place. Does this mean mexicans living in New York are "Yanks". :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Don't you love when libs, who don't readily admit so, come and find a way to justify America's enemies?

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 18 2004, 09:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY &#064; Nov 18 2004, 09:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 18 2004, 09:44 PM
    [b] These were some dudes of arab origin that so happened to live in France yet they&#39;re frogs? :lol: God I love this place. Does this mean mexicans living in New York are "Yanks". :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t you love when libs, who don&#39;t readily admit so, come and find a way to justify America&#39;s enemies? [/b][/quote]
    Just keepin&#39; it real. Those guys are about as french as the illegal aliens that flood across our borders are americans. There&#39;s plenty of other ways to bash the french without having to make things up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 18 2004, 09:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Nov 18 2004, 09:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 18 2004, 09:44 PM
    [b] These were some dudes of arab origin that so happened to live in France yet they&#39;re frogs? :lol: God I love this place. Does this mean mexicans living in New York are "Yanks". :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t you love when libs, who don&#39;t readily admit so, come and find a way to justify America&#39;s enemies? [/b][/quote]
    Where did he "justify" the actions of the enemy??? He&#39;s right, calling these ARABS frenchies is simply wrong. They are ARAB terrorists, and their deaths are a good thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Darkstar Conspiracy+Nov 19 2004, 12:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Darkstar Conspiracy @ Nov 19 2004, 12:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Nov 18 2004, 09:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Alk[/i]@Nov 18 2004, 09:44 PM
    Where did he "justify" the actions of the enemy??? He&#39;s right, calling these ARABS frenchies is simply wrong. They are ARAB terrorists, and their deaths are a good thing. [/b][/quote]
    Actually they are French citizens. Quite possibly born in France. The article clearly states however that they are of muslim origin. It goes more to highlight the situation on the ground in France.

Did you know that there are over 4 million muslims living in Paris? That alone is about 10% of the population of France. Its no wonder that their government is very sympathetic to terrorist causes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Nov 19 2004, 11:45 AM
    [b]
    Actually they are French citizens. Quite possibly born in France. The article clearly states however that they are of muslim origin. It goes more to highlight the situation on the ground in France.

Did you know that there are over 4 million muslims living in Paris? That alone is about 10% of the population of France. Its no wonder that their government is very sympathetic to terrorist causes. [/b][/quote]
    It was English and French influences that first infiltrated the Muslim culture after centuries isolationism. France accepted (and there was nothing wrong with it at all) Muslims into their society. Things as simple as newspapers came into the Islamic culture via France (although the actual printing press came from the East... go figure). The country of France and the religion of Islam have always been closely tied.