Thread: Dear Jet Moses

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guy,
    I read in one of your other posts that you had to go to an AA meeting. Have you rejected the teachings of Stanton Peele or what?

Your pal
    Gobbles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, the long and short of it, I need "fellowship" to stay sober. I need to stay sober if I want to get my college degree. Drinking requires too much time and effort. I thoroughly enjoy the stuff, and as a matter of fact I had a slip recently. But I went back to my home group and owned up to it.

I know AA works. I agree with alot of what Stanton Peele says, but I know that if I want to refrain from alcohol consumption, the people in AA can help me do that. And the only way I'm going to make progress in life, is during periods of abstinence.

Will I drink again? Probably. Will I drink today? No. I'm going to two meetings right after the Jets game.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity. I'm sure you're just concerned, and not trying to character assassinate me or establish your dominance.

TomShane
    God bless ya, Mose. My brother just went through the program and fell of the wagon a week later. It's a *****. Good luck, man, and stay with it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b] I'm sure you're just concerned, and not trying to character assassinate me or establish your dominance. [/b][/quote]

Actually I was trying to assassinate your character, portraying you as a wishy washy, indecisive flip flopper. But then I found out that Steve Little died and Russ Erxleben is in prison for securities fraud..I lost interest in our little charade. You got lucky on that one. Damn lucky.

If you know how Steve Little died, let me know.

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I was out behind the barn. Chewin' on a piece of hay. Up to my knees in cow****...shovelin' my blues away.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 21 2004, 02:28 PM
    [b]
    If you know how Steve Little died, let me know.

[/b][/quote]
    And this is supposed be a joke? You got a case of the Ha ha's? You ever been boned up the @$$ for being a wise guy? Laugh it up funny boy.

Who'd Steve Little pitch for? The Dodgers?

An earache my eye!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Who'd Steve Little pitch for? The Dodgers?[/b][/quote]

In addition to your teenage years and young adulthood, did you also spend your childhood in a heroin fog? Steve Little and Russel Erxleben were the best god damned kickers in college football. They both hold the record for longest field goal (67 yards) and were drafted highly by the Cardinals and Saints respectively. They of course proceeded to suck hind tit. Three games into the 1980 season, Little had to have a field goal kicking contest vs. Neil O' Donohue. Little lost and was released. That same day he was paralyzed in a car accident. He died five years ago. What team did he pitch for? Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 21 2004, 09:35 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Who'd Steve Little pitch for? The Dodgers?[/b][/quote]

In addition to your teenage years and young adulthood, did you also spend your childhood in a heroin fog? Steve Little and Russel Erxleben were the best god damned kickers in college football. They both hold the record for longest field goal (67 yards) and were drafted highly by the Cardinals and Saints respectively. They of course proceeded to suck hind tit. Three games into the 1980 season, Little had to have a field goal kicking contest vs. Neil O' Donohue. Little lost and was released. That same day he was paralyzed in a car accident. He died five years ago. What team did he pitch for? Pathetic. Just pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    No applause. Save it for some band that needs it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moses,

I had no idea. G'luck. Hope all goes well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.dyingdays.net/Afghan_Whigs/Afghan_Whigs_Up_In_It.jpg[/img]

Balzac was pretty funny. His philosophy is plain and simple, says basically that pure materialism is a recipe for madness. The only true knowledge is superstition. Horde your energy. That’s the secret to life. He wears a monk’s robe and drinks endless cups of coffee. Too much sleep clogs the mind. One of his teeth falls out and he says, “What does this mean?” He questions everything. His clothes catch fire on a candle. He wonders if fire is a good sign. Balzac is hilarious.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Balzac was pretty funny. His philosophy is plain and simple, says basically that pure materialism is a recipe for madness. The only true knowledge is superstition. Horde your energy. That’s the secret to life. He wears a monk’s robe and drinks endless cups of coffee. Too much sleep clogs the mind. One of his teeth falls out and he says, “What does this mean?” He questions everything. His clothes catch fire on a candle. He wonders if fire is a good sign. Balzac is hilarious. [/b][/quote]

"Hi girls, look what I'm reading...Balzac. Can I buy you an espresso? Why not?!... Did I mention that I'm reading Balzac? " -Jet Moses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b]
    "Hi girls, look what I'm reading...Balzac. Can I buy you an espresso? Why not?!... Did I mention that I'm reading Balzac? " -Jet Moses [/b][/quote]
    I realize how difficult it must be for a provincial, elitist boob such as yourself to comprehend, but not everybody who reads Balzac hangs out in Starbucks cruisin' jailbait and strange.

"Hi girls, did I tell you I voted for John Kerry? Can I buy you a frapacino? No? I voted for John Kerry! Really, I did!" - Stu

pid (AKA Gobbles)

[img]http://www.singlecollector.com/Afghan_Whigs/live_small14.jpg[/img]

Look to your heart. -John Tutturro/Millers Crossing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case you couldn't figure it out, here's some crayons and a coloring book. Here's shakespeares measure for measure, and a puzzle by escher.

Curtains laced with diamonds dear for you.

Тези редове са предназначени за хората, които слушат, че по време на социализма е имало жилища за всекиго и то евтини. Нямаше жилиша за всички, а само за приближени на властта или работещи в такива предприятия, които се толерираха по някакви причини. И жилищата не бяха евтини. Парите за тях бяха проблем, ако неистово не се пестеше, какъвто беше случаят на нашето семейство. Даваха се заеми, но за сметка на огромното количество жилищно-спестовни влогове, които така и не доведоха в повето от своите притежатели до покрив.
    Не искам да съм черноглед. Като човек живял известно време в Германия и САЩ Ви уверявам, че и там, както навсякъде по света, жилището е голям проблем и огромна семейна инвестиция. Но никъде нямаше такава очевидна дискриминация при (не знам как да го нарека) придобиване на жилище, няма такива унижения и кастови ограничения. Да не говорим, че бе забранено да имаш повече от едно жилище (хората се развеждаха, за да запазят жилището на родителите си след тяхната смърт), че ако напуснеш дадено населено място до 2 години трябваше да си продадеш имотите там ... Това беше някаква неоформа на крепостничество .... Да не забравяме и понятието “софийско жителство”.

Разкажи твоята история

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Look to your heart. -John Tutturro/Millers Crossing [/b][/quote]

"Girls I can quote Millers Crossing...Miller's Crossing...you know, the movie from 1990. The gangster movie. It had Steve Buscemi and Gabe Byrne. Gabe Byrne, you know, the Irish guy..aw forget it."- Jet Moses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 11:05 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Look to your heart. -John Tutturro/Millers Crossing [/b][/quote]

"Girls I can quote Millers Crossing...Miller's Crossing...you know, the movie from 1990. The gangster movie. It had Steve Buscemi and Gabe Byrne. Gabe Byrne, you know, the Irish guy..aw forget it."- Jet Moses [/b][/quote]
    "Hi girls, did I tell you I voted for John Kerry? Can I buy you a frapacino? No? But I voted for John Kerry! Look at my gay ass Kerry/Edwards pin on my shirt!" -Gobbles

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]"Hi girls, did I tell you I voted for John Kerry? Can I buy you a frapacino? No? But I voted for John Kerry! Look at my gay ass Kerry/Edwards pin on my shirt!" -Gobbles[/b][/quote]

"Girls, do you like music? I've got the Black Eyed Susans cd. The Black Eyed Susans, they sing that one song (sings) 'Lets have a party, HAH! Lets have a party in here, lets have a party HAH!'...No, I'm pretty sure they're called the Black Eyed Susans. My daughter, I mean my roomate Zed, has the cd. Girls wait...aw hell."
    -Jet Moses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 09:30 AM
    [b] "Girls, do you like music? I've got the Black Eyed Susans cd. The Black Eyed Susans, they sing that one song (sings) 'Lets have a party, HAH! Lets have a party in here, lets have a party HAH!'...No, I'm pretty sure they're called the Black Eyed Susans. My daughter, I mean my roomate Zed, has the cd. Girls wait...aw hell."
    -Jet Moses [/b][/quote]
    "Girls, wait! Did I tell you I do voice impressions? Here's my John Edwards- [i]HALP IS ON THE WHAAY[/i]- where ya going, girls? Huh? Girls? I.... FVCKING *****ES!!! FVCKING WHORES!!!" -Gobbles