Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artest get 73 games

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Jackson gets 30

and Jermaine oneill got 25

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Artest got 30, Jackson and ONeal 20 and Big Ben got 5.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just reproted hes gone for the year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Artest is out for the season.
    Now he has plenty of time to promote that sure-to-be platinum rap album.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Nov 21 2004, 06:49 PM
    I heard Artest got 30, Jackson and ONeal 20 and Big Ben got 5.
    Artest is done for the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sec124, I heard the same thing you did, but Smizzy is right. Bad report early.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well then, I disagree with the NBA giving Artest the season, hell I disagreed with 30 games, but whatever, not like Indiana was going to win it all anyways.

Go Knicks!.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry, I know I'm going to get ripper apart from this board for saying this, but those detroit fans are asking for it. The NBA was asking for this. Like the guys on ESPN said... once the fans enter a fracas, they have open themselves up for this. what right does a fan have for fighting with a player. fans were sucker punching players. what gives them that right.

granted artest should be suspended... all of the should be suspended but the penalties should not be as severe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic@Nov 21 2004, 06:53 PM
    I am sorry, I know I'm going to get ripper apart from this board for saying this, but those detroit fans are asking for it. The NBA was asking for this. Like the guys on ESPN said... once the fans enter a fracas, they have open themselves up for this. what right does a fan have for fighting with a player. fans were sucker punching players. what gives them that right.

granted artest should be suspended... all of the should be suspended but the penalties should not be as severe.
    I know 1 guy who has the right...the guy who Artest first punched. It was the dude in the glasses. He wasn't the one who threw the beer, but Artest went after him.
    Wrong place, wrong time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't beleive he got 73 games. It sends a message to the fans that you can antagonize an opponent to a point where you can end their season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If artest went after the wrong guy than, that's totally his fault and the dude in glasses should get a couple free shots on him. But the vagina who threw the beer iniially should be lined up on a wall and take the retibution like a man. that's just some cowardly stuff.

as for the fan who walked onto the court.... he deserved the clocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic@Nov 21 2004, 06:58 PM
    as for the fan who walked onto the court.... he deserved the clocking.
    What happened Friday night was terrible, but that guy getting clocked was funny as hell IMO.
    Plus his fat out of shape buddy in the clown wig was very funny too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw Artest. He should be banned from the NBA forever. The fans were NOT right, but to jump in the stands and start beating people up is WAY over the line. This is one of many reasons why I no longer pay attention to the NBA. Hell on Tuesday I was watching a replay of a Man U soccer game. I hate soccer, but I hate the NBA more!

I'll come back when the "gangster Hoopsters" are out of the league. Oh yeah also when the players can hit a 10 footer consistantly.

One more thing, I think I can feed my family with 7.5 mil a year unlike Mr.Spree.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Season long suspension is a bit harsh for a little fight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jetman67@Nov 21 2004, 07:08 PM
    Season long suspension is a bit harsh for a little fight.
    Artest deserves every bit of the suspension. He was beating up this poor guy in the stands and he wasn't even sure if that was the guy who threw the beer on his head. Artest is an idiot, though a very highly compensated idiot and that beer has cost him millions of $$$. I hope he drowns his sorrows in a 6 pack of Budweisers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The players association is going to go nuts. No way he stays suspended THAT long.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BergenJet@Nov 21 2004, 07:47 PM
    The players association is going to go nuts. No way he stays suspended THAT long.
    i agree, the rest of the season is a long time. and not sure if anyone else mentioned it but all these suspensions are without pay too, as most are. thats a lot of cash and a lot of games.

sprewell's suspension was reduced after some time went by and i think artest's will be reduced eventually.

there is a fine line with this one. the guys on espn friday night seemed to support artest for what he did, once the fan threw something at him, they felt he needed to go and protect himself. i disagree to an extent, to rush the fans, not even knowing how threw the drink at him, and start beating on guys a foot smaller and about 50 pounds lighter??

as for the fans who walked on the court, they asked to get their a$$ kicked. what's mind boggling to me is how can security just let those guys on the floor, there should've been a perimeter of the biggest security guards around that court.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a guy who thinks pro athletes are mostly overpaid, spoiled babies. Many of them, especially in the NBA, are thugs.

That being said, there is no way a man should believe that he can throw beer on another man and not get his ass kicked. Those fans deserved what they got. Artest needed to be punished, but this is WAY overboard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NBAPA won't do squat to stop David Stern's judgement. It's over for the player that started it and I fully predicted he would miss the season--Sprewell precedent made that one a slam dunk.

It's comical how many seem to agree with ESPN's token white scrub Tim Legler (aka Mr.10 day contract), that all the fans in the arena had it coming to them.

Guess what, ESPN has hid that idiot Legler for the last few days, knowing he shamed the intergity of the network by not knowing this basic fact: A mere tossed plastic cup caused the worst fan-player violence in American sports history :wacko:

Look, I'm not even a hoops fan, but I went to a Big East tourney game as a student once and sat right behind the hoop at MSG. I don't heckle. Honestly, I didn't even care who won, I was just out for the day and had my mouth shut....

Anyhow, there were 2 idiots hurling every sort of slur at giagantic Alonzo Mourning of G'Town that day and they were right next to me.

Suppose Mourning didn't have to take the "N'bombs" and decided to take out the whole row of fans, just to make sure he'd get the 2 hecklers? :blink:

Well, that's what the Pacers did and they failed. They popped the wrong people and they will pay--both suspensions and millions in legal payments.

Anybody who feels a tossed cup should've led to that sort of civil unrest or public violence either has an agenda, or is quite naive--check the elderly women nearly trampled and shivering children in the crowd.

David Stern is right. He's protecting his paying customers....Tim Legler is a coward.

So on it went, players hitting fans, fans hitting back, and before it was over a couple of nitwits ambled onto the court....O'Neal decked another. Beer was flying. A chair was flying. The video caught children frightened out of their minds and a woman being pulled from a pile.

It was sad and it was disgusting. And then it got worse. A team of ESPN personalities - Greg Anthony, Tim Legler, Stephen A. Smith and John Saunders - began piling virtually all the blame on the fans. Their comments were out of whack, irresponsible and, sadly, the type of thing you come to expect when networks and former pro athletes get cozy with a sports league.

Yes, the fans involved must be corralled and face criminal charges - precisely to the same degree as the athletes involved. The players' lives are neither more nor less important.

Jeff Jacobs, Htfd. Courant

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    JUst feel like chiming in here. Artest...buh bye...you made your bed. This is not a bar fight...(I pissed him off, he threw a beer, I swung, we were drunk). This is a professional athelete attacking a fan in the stands. (NO WAY&#33 This guy is nowhere in life without people like the fan who threw the beer in his face.

I'm sorry but taking sh*t from fans is one of the side effects of making millions for being able to throw a ball into a large hole. Even in our regular world, a beer in the face does not give you the right to hit someone. Would I go after a guy who threw a beer in my face? Probably but as a pro I think you have to adhere to a different standard.

I think we all know that the season ban had to be done reguardless of our own feelings in the same situation. Pros cannot be allowed to attack the fans who are responsible for paying their salarys.