Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting tough on illegal aliens

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 07:32 PM
    [b] I suggest both of you edit your posts and remove everything. It would be a shame to have the political section of the board shut down over a misunderstanding. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez Riggins that Avatar is Really Offensive!! :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm half German and half Polish.

It's like a war inside my head. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I've listened to people I know dub Yao Ming a "chink" and, honestly, I don't like it. Anti-asian sentiment? Believe me, I'm the last person to go in that direction. I don't use the word "chink" at all (other than here).

Matter of fact, I've always felt Asians were "model minorities" (as much as you may hate that), in the sense [b]most[/b] come here legally and try hard to assimilate. This isn't true for other ethnic groups that pump out hate groups like MeChA and LaRaza, ect.

The U.S takes in more legal immigrants than all other nations combined. Is it fair to question where the refugees come from and if their personal or religous values fit into U.S society?

I've read for a long time, that Hmong (much more so than other Asian groups) have a difficult time grasping the U.S culture and stand very stongly in favor of [b]polygamy[/b] and misogyny....

To take groups like that and place them into very family oriented small towns like Green Bay, can and has caused problems....It would cause problems, regardless of race.

Look, I'm not Dan Rather. I could care less about being politically correct. What I told you about my feelings are true. Believe that if you want.

Let me ask this: You are so busy throwing the term "racist" around, yet you seem to ignore my points about polygamy and how it affects the assimilation process <_<

So I&#39;ll ask you point blank: [b]Am I wrong about the polygamy stance many Hmong refugees take, even after reaching the U.S?[/b]

[b]I&#39;m I wrong about their stance towards women?[/b]

Could this type of militant indifference towards U.S cultural values cause problems in some places?

Say what you want, I&#39;ve looked at some of your other posts and you seem to like throwing the "racist" term around a whole lot. Appearently, your some kind of Ghandi type, that can judge all others--your above everyone ...As Robin Quivers once said: People obsessed with dubbing others racist&#39;s, are probably racist themselves....She didn&#39;t mention Polygamy, however... :blink:

Section109, bro, I&#39;m not deleting anything I wrote AND TAKE NOTHING BACK.....He threw names at me, I threw them back....When he got civil, I responded in a more civil fashion. His very strong attacks towards me tell me a lot about him....

People can agree to disagree.....I&#39;ll tell you what, I&#39;m not a coward that will act all politically correct in front of him, then slur him behind his back....

What I say here, is what I&#39;d say to his face.

[quote][b]Geez Riggins that Avatar is Really Offensive&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

You&#39;re about the 5th person to mention that Savage....I bet he (Mayone) is not a polygamyst :unsure: B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 10:43 AM
    [b] Face it Democrats are the better party right now. [/b][/quote]
    i don&#39;t agree with that - The democrats are not clear in their direction, they have no real foreign policy and John Kerry was a horrible unelectable candidate from the get - go. They are very flawed and if they run Hillary in 08 it will be a slaughter.

the Republican party is a very intelligent, well-oiled machine - they have all the angles and have been kicking electoral ass -

note im not saying Republicans are very intelligent im saying that about the GOP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, I just think the Republicans have done a great job demonizing the Dem&#39;s as "super liberals"--using talk radio and Fox News....Listen to some conservative talk shows, and you&#39;ll find Jorge is slammed hard--spending, borders, ect...

But at the end of the day, most cons say, "well, he&#39;s better than Kerry, so what can we do? " :huh:

The Dem&#39;s have lost the South...Plain and simple. Now the entire mid-west is slipping away. The hispanic vote (legal hispanic residents of all races that make up 7% of all voters), has swung a slight bit towards Bush, as has the jewish vote.

I don&#39;t know if Hilliary is a viable candidate, but they definitely need a Zell Miller type (who love compared to Bush) to bail them out...

Are the extreme liberals in the Democratic party ready to go in that direction?

I say they won&#39;t--expect some sort Southern Gov&#39;, cloaked as a conservative.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Savage joked about it, but what is the story with your avator, Riggo? Didn&#39;t Enrique Pallazo have the same one? Is it an inside joke or something?

Both parties suck. The GOP is just better at the ground game these days, and yes, the Dems have lost the South and it used to be their stronghold....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 24 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Nov 24 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 10:43 AM
    [b] Face it Democrats are the better party right now. [/b][/quote]
    i don&#39;t agree with that - The democrats are not clear in their direction, they have no real foreign policy and John Kerry was a horrible unelectable candidate from the get - go. They are very flawed and if they run Hillary in 08 it will be a slaughter.

the Republican party is a very intelligent, well-oiled machine - they have all the angles and have been kicking electoral ass -

note im not saying Republicans are very intelligent im saying that about the GOP [/b][/quote]
    I was talking about their platform.

I just find it ironic that Democrats and Libretarians are the ones fighting for the traditional Republican values while the Republicans have become the big government party.

All you guys who are conservative and voted for Bush because you thought Kerry would be worse are kidding yourselves. After 4 more years maybe you will see the light.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DaddyD302[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 04:53 PM
    [b] First of all who the hell are you that gives you tthe right to talk about my people? One person went nuts and killed people and we should blame the whole race? How about we all go kill all the whites for what Hilter did to the Jews? People like you who forgot their own ancestors came to the U.S and stole the land from the Indians. It&#39;s people like you two that make america still racist. Wtf does this have anything to do with the illeagal aliens? We came here legally. So now people who come here legally cannot come. Because you two are white and was born here, this gives you the right to tell me who is right and who can and cannot come here? I&#39;m sure you and riggins will make the hitler and the KKK proud. People like you should be shipped out to your own KKK country. I wouldn&#39;t be shocked if either one of you was a memeber of the KKK or skinheads. [/b][/quote]
    First of all, I&#39;ll talk about and make comments about any "people" I want to....it&#39;s called America. Don&#39;t like it, leave. Personally, I&#39;m sick of your &#39;Hmong my people&#39; diatribes. There is no justification for opening fire on several people shooting them dead like that, don&#39;t care what your nationality is...I&#39;ll go so far as to say one shooting could be called a crime of passion if the person is provoked, but an open massacre? For the record, I have a lot of respect for the Native American Indians-- they are some of the wisest people to walk this earth IMO and I don&#39;t agree with our treatment of them. I see &#39;your people&#39; are also enjoying the land here.

The rest of your moronic babbling doesn&#39;t deserve a response.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I know Savage joked about it, but what is the story with your avator, Riggo? Didn&#39;t Enrique Pallazo have the same one? Is it an inside joke or something?[/b][/quote]

Sort of 5E. That&#39;s new JI writer Chris Mayone....He threatened to kick a&#036;&#036; here at JI, then later backed away and is now a JI writer :wacko:

[quote][b]Both parties suck. The GOP is just better at the ground game these days, and yes, the Dems have lost the South and it used to be their stronghold[/b][/quote]

Very true. The GOP is better at scaring middle America into believing the Democrats are evil liberals that tax and spend and won&#39;t defend the U.S against terrorisim...Reality is, the GOP elites have comprimised our nat&#39;l security at the borders and their spending binge is going to be catastrophic.

[quote][b]All you guys who are conservative and voted for Bush because you thought Kerry would be worse are kidding yourselves. After 4 more years maybe you will see the light.[/b][/quote]

I saw it quite a while ago. That&#39;s why I didn&#39;t bother to vote. Pontificators keep bringing up the fact that people don&#39;t have a right to complain about their leaders if they don&#39;t vote....Thing is, is there a difference between the 2 parties?

If anything, the Replicans, led by liberals like McCain, are now the Democrats of 1992....The Democrats are just plain stupid. They know America doesn&#39;t like the Repug&#39;s slide to the left, yet they trot out 2 frothing at the mouth libs on the ticket (Kerry and Trial lawyer) :blink:

P.S: Still waiting to read about the joys of Polygamy B)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by R. Tyme+Nov 24 2004, 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (R. Tyme &#064; Nov 24 2004, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaddyD302[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 04:53 PM
    [b] First of all who the hell are you that gives you tthe right to talk about my people? One person went nuts and killed people and we should blame the whole race? How about we all go kill all the whites for what Hilter did to the Jews? People like you who forgot their own ancestors came to the U.S and stole the land from the Indians. It&#39;s people like you two that make america still racist. Wtf does this have anything to do with the illeagal aliens? We came here legally. So now people who come here legally cannot come. Because you two are white and was born here, this gives you the right to tell me who is right and who can and cannot come here? I&#39;m sure you and riggins will make the hitler and the KKK proud. People like you should be shipped out to your own KKK country. I wouldn&#39;t be shocked if either one of you was a memeber of the KKK or skinheads. [/b][/quote]
    First of all, I&#39;ll talk about and make comments about any "people" I want to....it&#39;s called America. Don&#39;t like it, leave. Personally, I&#39;m sick of your &#39;Hmong my people&#39; diatribes. There is no justification for opening fire on several people shooting them dead like that, don&#39;t care what your nationality is...I&#39;ll go so far as to say one shooting could be called a crime of passion if the person is provoked, but an open massacre? For the record, I have a lot of respect for the Native American Indians-- they are some of the wisest people to walk this earth IMO and I don&#39;t agree with our treatment of them. I see &#39;your people&#39; are also enjoying the land here.

The rest of your moronic babbling doesn&#39;t deserve a response. [/b][/quote]
    Please state where I support the guy for killing those people? Did I mention anything about he was justified? You a typical politicain saying only what he wants people to hear and not what they need to hear?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 09:45 PM
    [b]

The U.S takes in more legal immigrants than all other nations combined. Is it fair to question where the refugees come from and if their personal or religous values fit into U.S society?

I&#39;ve read for a long time, that Hmong (much more so than other Asian groups) have a difficult time grasping the U.S culture and stand very stongly in favor of [b]polygamy[/b] and misogyny....

To take groups like that and place them into very family oriented small towns like Green Bay, can and has caused problems....It would cause problems, regardless of race.

[/b][/quote]
    I know for a fact you don&#39;t live anywhere near Minneapolis or Green Bay. I also know for a fact that you make your assumptions from someone elses research, not your own. Someone here made an intersting statement. "You are almost like that guy who played some football and think they automatically know more than anyone about the game because they played." Thats just the thing, I played, you never did. I had first hand experience seeing these things, you merely read about it. Prove me wrong that there isn&#39;t a HUGE difference from seeing things from the inside vs reading about it? You see, there are already alot Hmongs living in both Minneapolis and Green Bay. I know this for a fact unlike you, because I have relatives living there. I also went to visiit them. So yeah I saw it with my own eyes something you can&#39;t claim. You don&#39;t live in WI like I do, do not speak for us. As for the polygram, yeah thats mostly true. How do I know this??? Because my father practice it? Oh yeah he had 3 wives and geuss what? I hated his guts for it even when he died I didn&#39;t care. So yeah alot og Hmongs pratice it. Alot may pratice it, but it&#39;s lvery small. Most Hmongs nowadays that have lived here for a while, finally started standing up to it and trying to put a stop to it. Wil it ever stop?? I don&#39;t know if it will ever stop. Bottom line on this issue I may hate it but it&#39;s not my job to tell others how to live. Btw you still failed to mention why you keep bringing the Hmongs on your illegal alien topic. Only two things are true, you don&#39;t want us here and is using that shooting as an excuse. Or you don&#39;t want ANY immigrants here. See when you bring in a certain race who came here legally into a topic about illegal aliens, something isn&#39;t right. It&#39;s rather funny how people here challenge me on things I knopw for a fact because I live that lifestyle. Botton in all this, huge difference between playing the game and watching the game. If you never play the game don&#39;t talk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy you are a fiesty little bugger? You&#39;ve got some serious anger issues, judging by a lot of your posts here..

You keep saying I mingle the Hmong with illegal aliens and I think I&#39;ve made it quite clear that they are legal immigrants. However, I have the right to say and question what I want.

I have the right, as a natuarlized U.S Citizen (yes, you read that right jackmo) to speak my mind. You don&#39;t like it, tough apples (I want to use stronger langauge, but)--Complain to a moderator&#33;&#33;

Here&#39;s a recap: From what I&#39;ve read about this particular group (not a race), I do believe the U.S should be much, much careful in who they allow in as refugees...

I don&#39;t want to, and will not, apologize yo you regarding my opinions.....By the same token, you don&#39;t need to apolagize for your beliefs. You can do what you want, as long as you don&#39;t get caught.

I believe polygamy and the U.S people don&#39;t mix well.

Here&#39;s a facinating article by Hmong woman:

[quote][b]Of course there are some Hmong men who are of good character, high morals and values, but for every one of them there is 1.68 who is not. In the KSTP story, Foua Hang said that polygamy is practiced by only 2% of the Hmong population. I think the number is closer to 60% when you look at the entire Hmong population in the United States that is “married”.

[url=http://www.hmongtimes.com/displaynews.asp?ID=923]http://www.hmongtimes.com/displaynews.asp?ID=923[/url][/b][/quote]

Actually, why don&#39;t we end it here? You keep busting others like a bully for their opinions and not knowing the facts, but when someone busts you back you get all flustered and upset...

I&#39;ve looked back at posts. You like to push folks around behing your keyboard, hey? Brody, Chief2000, ect.....What&#39;s that all about?

Hmmm, I have theories (non-racial, of course), but I&#39;ll keep them to myself <_<

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 04:36 PM
    [b]
    I&#39;ve looked back at posts. You like to push folks around behing your keyboard, hey? Brody, Chief2000, ect.....What&#39;s that all about?

[/b][/quote]
    What is so hard for you to understand? Do you just like to fight? Why do I have such problems with people like them? Simple they talk like they have witness what people like me have. Heres a great example. The war in Vietnam, soliders get accused of being baby killers by the people back home. It&#39;s funny that they weren&#39;t even in the war and seen what the soliders have seen and yet they attack them. If you were one of these soliders wtf would you think if you got accused of this considering you didn&#39;t kill nay babies???? People that didn&#39;t even bother going to that war attacking those soliders for defending thier freedom. What giives them that right to attack the soliders? Like I said HUGE difference between knowing and reading about it. You don&#39;t go argue with those soliders because you didn&#39;t see what they saw. You only read about it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ll say this: This whole thing with you, has forced me to look into the Hmong people a bit closer. I&#39;m glad I did.

There do appear to some flaws with the refugee program-- polygamy, inclination towards misogeny, ect. That really make wonder what the U.S is thinking.

But, the their history as backing the U.S in the war is something to consider. Also, unlike the flood of illegals trampling our laws (causing economic distress in cities), the Hmong are here legally--they respected the U.S laws.

But, you can&#39;t say they shouldn&#39;t give their opinions, just because they weren&#39;t there. You can say they are wrong...Plus, taking personal shots at Brody wasn&#39;t cool at all.

Boy, you do seem hi-strung and confrontational....I can even see it in your sports related posts....

I hope you don&#39;t work in a Post Office :huh:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Nov 24 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b] I&#39;ll say this: This whole thing with you, has forced me to look into the Hmong people a bit closer. I&#39;m glad I did.

There do appear to some flaws with the refugee program-- polygamy, inclination towards misogeny, ect. That really make wonder what the U.S is thinking.

But, the their history as backing the U.S in the war is something to consider. Also, unlike the flood of illegals trampling our laws (causing economic distress in cities), the Hmong are here legally--they respected the U.S laws.

But, you can&#39;t say they shouldn&#39;t give their opinions, just because they weren&#39;t there. You can say they are wrong...Plus, taking personal shots at Brody wasn&#39;t cool at all.

Boy, you do seem hi-strung and confrontational....I can even see it in your sports related posts....

I hope you don&#39;t work in a Post Office :huh: [/b][/quote]
    There is nothing wrong with giving out opinions. But you and some people here will never get it. You don&#39;t argue with someone who knows their facts from personal experience. Someone who plays the game of football and studied it from the inside will always know more then someone watching and studying it from the outside. These guys will know what it&#39;s like to play in the NFL, not the armchair QB. Kinda like you think you know more about football then Curtis Martin? Don&#39;t think so. Anywho I&#39;m done argueing with conservatives. One thing I found out from friends is you will never out argue any conservative. You are wrong and they are right. They can and will force their beliefs onto you regardless if you like it or not.