Thread: Knicks looking pretty good

Hall Of Fame
    I am watching them play a solid game against Atlanta. They have been in every game they have played this year (including SA on the road until the last 5 minutes and Minnesota on the road), they beat Houston on the road and had a chance to win it at the buzzer against Dallas. They are young, athletic and play with a lot of energy. Hell, this is going to be a fun team to watch this year. Short of Detroit the East is WIDE open (with Indiana losing 3 important pieces for a very long time).

Who knows, they might give NYrs a reason to watch this street ball again.

All League
    Ever since the game @ Houston they have played great ball, I think it gave them alot of confidence.

It's amazing how much better they look now than compared to the 30 pt blowout against the Celtics.

Hopefully we can beat the Raptors 2x in a row, since those are the next 2 games.

Hall Of Fame
    In the East they could fight for that second seed if Indiana falls apart for the next month and a half. With hack-a-Shaq bound to miss his usual 15 games we might be fighting with Miami for the 2 seed.

as a season ticket holder for the past few years, this is the most optimistic i've been over this team in a long time.

they are young, athletic and thats something you couldn't say before. the addition of crawford gives the team someone who can score and can create off the dribble. i think even when houston comes back, it'll make us that much better. he's not going to start, at least i don't think he should. bring him off the becnch...get him his 20 minutes a night....come in against teams second teams and just shoot. thats pretty much all he's good for now. he ws never a defensive force. let him be for this team what sean elliot was for the championship teams of the spurs.

The major change with the Knicks is 2 important items:

Marbury is running and looking to pass first, instead of shooting whenever he's open.

Also, Crawford and Ariza are incredibly athletic, along with Nazr in the middle. The Knicks have not had this stuff ever. Even during the great years. Crawford may have the best crossover move in the NBA, bar none. He seems to be able to get off a shot whenever he wants to.

If Houston comes back and supplies outside shooting for some 20 minutes a night, on a consistent basis, this team will make some noise. But, this is still not a very good defensive team, and is still smallish. In a playoff series against the bigger Heat, Pacers, or Pistons, this will become a problem. But that's way down the road.

they may be smallish as you say, but they play bigger than their size. I can't get over how much Sweetney has developed....the man rebounds and blocks shots that you would never think he could get to. he's developing a nice post up game, has some nice moves. i'm glad to see there was one thing that scott layden did right. i'm just glad, for more than one reason, that chaney is gone cuz he would never had gotten the time.

and I LOVE, LOVE Ariza. he could be our richard jefferson.

Originally posted by OneEyedWonder@Nov 24 2004, 12:25 PM
    they may be smallish as you say, but they play bigger than their size. I can't get over how much Sweetney has developed....the man rebounds and blocks shots that you would never think he could get to. he's developing a nice post up game, has some nice moves. i'm glad to see there was one thing that scott layden did right. i'm just glad, for more than one reason, that chaney is gone cuz he would never had gotten the time.

and I LOVE, LOVE Ariza. he could be our richard jefferson.
    Because of Ariza's superb athletic abilities, I have higher hopes then a Richard Jefferson. Not to knock Jefferson, but I was thinking of a better slasher then he is.

All League
    RJ is hardly a good jumpshooter, but compared to Ariza he looks like freaking Michael Redd.

Ariza needs work on his J bad. If he develops one (hes only 19), he'll be an awesome player.

Ariza has work to do, but he is only 19...a steal in the 2nd round.

Just like the Knicks, though, to come out and stink up the joint tonight. when was the last time they won the 2nd night of a back to back?? have they ever??

and what was with the defense tonight?? how can the whole team forget how to play?? i know toronto has talent, but that was ridiculous. Hopefully the knicks take this one to heart and come out Saturday and look for revenge.

Hall Of Fame
    The Knicks will have an easy double digit win at home against the Raptors.

BTW, lets all give the Junkyard Dog some credit for bringing some positive attitude (hustling every play) and energy.

If Houston can come back and become our sniper off the bench we could be golden in the East.

Marbury and Crawford are about as dynamic and exciting a backcourt as there is. Nazr is playing like he is possessed, Kurt Thomas is killing the boards, Ariza is the most exciting athlete we have seen since Sky Walker and already 10 times the player, Sweetney is looking like he has benefited greatly from all the work he has done with Aguirre, Penny can give us quality minutes, Moochie is a good defender and Tim Thomas has never come close to realizing his potential. Hell, even that rookie PG is looking decent in his limited playing time.

When your 11th man is Vin Baker you did SOMETHING right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by BergenJet@Nov 24 2004, 10:51 PM
    The Knicks will have an easy double digit win at home against the Raptors.

When your 11th man is Vin Baker you did SOMETHING right.
    :o

All League
    They cant handle success, they always lay an egg like this when things start to get rolling.

Originally posted by Icer@Nov 25 2004, 02:14 PM
    They cant handle success, they always lay an egg like this when things start to get rolling.
    This is still a good squad, and should win the division. That's not saying much, but this team will get better as the season progresses.

I know Tim Thomas has some family issues (Sister and Cousin died 3 days apart, and his Mother went through surgery last week). He will snap out of it soon, and with him and Houston returning, this will be a better team.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by mbn007@Nov 26 2004, 07:48 AM
    I know Tim Thomas has some family issues (Sister and Cousin died 3 days apart, and his Mother went through surgery last week). He will snap out of it soon, and with him and Houston returning, this will be a better team.
    Nice call. He looked great in the first game after your comment.

Originally posted by BergenJet+Nov 28 2004, 07:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BergenJet @ Nov 28 2004, 07:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mbn007@Nov 26 2004, 07:48 AM
    Nice call. He looked great in the first game after your comment. [/b][/quote]
    Can he maintain this into the next game, and develop consistency?

That&#39;s the question. :o

Yeah, they&#39;re looking good...at home.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Please&#33; How long can a 3.5 game lead last? The Garden will again be dark in April.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Dec 8 2004, 09:26 AM
    Please&#33; How long can a 3.5 game lead last? The Garden will again be dark in April.
    I know the Medowlands arena will be dark in April, but there will be some serious playoff ball in MSG in April-May 2005.

Count on it.