Thread: Anyone catch Clyde Frazier

Hall Of Fame
    It was shown during the Raptors debacle and was taped without Clyde's knowledge.

Prior to the game he was on the court doing a mike check or some other pregame thing when he noticed a kind (about 15 I would guess) wearing a Frazier jersey in the stands. He pointed to the kid and waved to him to come to the floor. The kid was in total disbelief, the look on his face was priceless.

Clyde then spoke with the kid a little on the court (there was no audio feed) and then he signed his jersey. They then show the kid flying high with his family in the stands. This is going to be something the kid would never forget.

When the NBA is receiving such horrible press it was nice to see an image like this from an old pro. I would love to see more players (past and present) take a moment now and then to acknowledge their younger fans.

Clyde was always great with the kids. I remember when I was at a Knicks game in the early 1970's, he came over a signed stuff during pre-game shoot-around for 15 minutes. He didn't really get in the layup line or anything.

Then the game started and he stole the ball the first 2 times the opponent came down court, and drove in for layups. What a guy.

All Pro
    One of the funniest things I have ever heard came from the mouth of Frazier. He was doing a game and a female fan got hit in the face with the ball. Walt says that it was her own fault. "She was probably like alot of women. Running her mouth and not paying attention." I couldn't believe that it never got any attention.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Thor99@Nov 26 2004, 02:24 PM
    One of the funniest things I have ever heard came from the mouth of Frazier. He was doing a game and a female fan got hit in the face with the ball. Walt says that it was her own fault. "She was probably like alot of women. Running her mouth and not paying attention." I couldn't believe that it never got any attention.
    I have heard Clyde say some funny stuff but THAT is classic. :lol: