Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: What was Isiah thinking??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't figure for the life of me why Isiah went out and gave the mid-level exemption to Vin Baker. it was because of that deal, we were handcuffed in our efforts for Dampier. and Baker keeps ringing up those impressive "DNP-Coaches Decision".

can't understand it, unless he was forced to sign him and my be looking to release him some time soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dampier was not going to sign for the mid-level exception. That was all posturing to up his contract.

Vin Baker is our 11th man, and as such I am not going to complain about him. He will eat up some minutes for us down the stretch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He only got 3 of the 5.4 MLE.

There was no one else to sign anyway, so it's a no loss situation.

Damp wanted his $$$, he wasnt gonna come for the MLE.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Nov 28 2004, 01:31 PM

There was no one else to sign anyway, so it's a no loss situation.

Damp wanted his $$$, he wasnt gonna come for the MLE.
    there is nothing that says we HAD to use the midlevel for anyone. just seems like wasted money. 3 million is nothing? then lower my season ticket prices. :blink:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OneEyedWonder+Nov 28 2004, 09:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OneEyedWonder @ Nov 28 2004, 09:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Icer@Nov 28 2004, 01:31 PM

There was no one else to sign anyway, so it&#39;s a no loss situation.

Damp wanted his &#036;&#036;&#036;, he wasnt gonna come for the MLE.
    there is nothing that says we HAD to use the midlevel for anyone. just seems like wasted money. 3 million is nothing? then lower my season ticket prices. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Well last year he looked ok in limited minutes, he&#39;s just regressed even further.

Maybe he needs to kick back and throw a few down, now that he&#39;s sober he&#39;s not playing well. B)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    why didn&#39;t we just go sign some bums off the streets? they&#39;d have as much of an impact on our team as Vin Baker

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We needed height, and a low post presence. Vin provides both, but he has looked horrid this pre-season and into the season. He is out of the rotation, so it&#39;s not a big deal now.