Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats-Jets Fan Rivalry Intense?

Browns fans are actually rooting for the Pats to beat their own team to try and get homefield advantage over the Steelers..

[url=http://thebrownsboard.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5636085224&f=7246085224&m=2971068601]http://thebrownsboard.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&...24&m=2971068601[/url]

Veteran
    Thats just plain stupid.
    BTW-as intense as Pats/Jets is, most Jets fans recognize the Fins as our most hated rival.

Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans.

Well we also have a fan on JI rooting for Pitt to go 15-1 and have homefield throughout which I find crazy being we play them next week.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Steelers-Browns has been intense for a long time.

The comparison to Jets-Dolphins is much more appropriate than Jets-Patsies. The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]
    Or your intense and bitter jealousy of the Patriots success.

Hick's post is rare on these boards. A Patriots themed topic started by a Patriots' fan. It is funny when Jets' fans whine that there are too many Patriots' topics on this board and yet most are started by Jets' fans. There are 5 topics on the Patriots (including this one) and the other 4 are started by Jets fans. Hmmm. The only reason there is not more because Jets fans have come to realize Brady is better.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sect112row36[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 08:11 AM
    [b] BTW-as intense as Pats/Jets is, most Jets fans recognize the Fins as our most hated rival. [/b][/quote]
    Agree.
    The Fish are the "hated enemy".

I always thought the Browns-Bengals were the bigger rivals, you know, add in that Ohio thing.

Raiders-Broncos is a pretty good one too

Doug S.

Veteran
    Jets fans hate NE, but nowhere near as much as the Fins. Growing up in the 80's and watching all the O'Brien vs. Marino battles fordged my healthy hate for all that is teal and orange. New England is just an annoying little brother that finally grew up and made good. I actually rooted for them in the SBs vs the Rams and Bears. I'd never root for Miami in any situation unless it benefited the Jets, and even then it'd be tough.

Sorry, NE trolls, but Miami will always be the most hated rival.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Miami, no doubt. As much as the Pats fans would like us to be their main rival I guess they're stuck with the Bills. B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Don't forget Packers-Bears and Giants-Skins/Eagles/Cowboys. It depends on which Giants fan you ask as to who their most hated rival is in that division.

Hall Of Fame
    right now the phins are not a team to worry about ( sorry DW2) so NE becomes the team to beat. Also, living here in patsie land makes it all the more important to root against them. :)

[quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Dec 3 2004, 09:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Dec 3 2004, 09:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]
    Or your intense and bitter jealousy of the Patriots success.

Hick&#39;s post is rare on these boards. A Patriots themed topic started by a Patriots&#39; fan. It is funny when Jets&#39; fans whine that there are too many Patriots&#39; topics on this board and yet most are started by Jets&#39; fans. There are 5 topics on the Patriots (including this one) and the other 4 are started by Jets fans. Hmmm. The only reason there is not more because Jets fans have come to realize Brady is better. [/b][/quote]
    There is no way I could ever hate the Pats as much as the Fish.

1) Shula
    2) Marino
    3) Spike Game
    4) Mudbowl.

The hatred has always been there because of Miami&#39;s success dating back to the 70&#39;s. Plus there have been time when the Jets have had them beat or should have beaten them that they didn&#39;t.

Put it this way. My hatred (or Jealousy) of the Pats only dates back maybe three years. Hatred for Miami is something you are born with when you become a Jets fan.

It should be something you should understand being a Sox fan. ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 02:11 PM
    [b] right now the phins are not a team to worry about ( sorry DW2) so NE becomes the team to beat. Also, living here in patsie land makes it all the more important to root against them. :) [/b][/quote]
    One of us. Your one of us. :lol:

Come on over to the side of good GG. Once you start down the path evil, forever will your path be littered with disappointment.

I agree with most of your points. Growing up a Patriots&#39; fan we were always chasing the Phins. The Patriots/Jets could mainfest itself if both teams continue carrying the AFC East.

Oh please who are you all trying to kid. I dont hear one word from any of you Jets fans about the Fins even lasy year. But there are severak Pats topics, and people are actually rooting for the Steelers just so the Pats dont win again. Most of your tag lines and pis, say something negative about the Pats.

But you hate the fins more. Well maybe its a quiet hatred cause I dont hear it or see it. Ever since Tuna snaked his way after the SB to NY, the Pats have been the most hated rival. Unless I am just missing all the anti fins posts.

Yeah I always considered "Miami week" as the biggest rivals.

The Pats were bad for so long and only the last 3 years has this become a rivalry, however it seems right after we play and the next game is the Dolphins you remember Fake Spike, Dan Marino, Monday Night Miracle etc. and can&#39;t wait for the game to start.

Pats week is more for the sh*t talk for the board IMO. If I never found this site I don&#39;t think I would really care when we played the Pats..the hatred just was not there.

And another thing Pats fans might not see alot of hatred on this board because to my knowledge we only have 1 Phin fans...DW2..but if you check out phinheaven.com they HATE the Jets. I went there right before the Monday night game and it was some funny stuff going on. One guy saying he didn&#39;t care if they won another game as long as they beat us. I felt that way during our 1-15 Kotite year (ugghh bad memory :lol: )

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Dec 3 2004, 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Dec 3 2004, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 02:11 PM
    [b] right now the phins are not a team to worry about ( sorry DW2) so NE becomes the team to beat. Also, living here in patsie land makes it all the more important to root against them. :) [/b][/quote]
    One of us. Your one of us. :lol:

Come on over to the side of good GG. Once you start down the path evil, forever will your path be littered with disappointment.

I agree with most of your points. Growing up a Patriots&#39; fan we were always chasing the Phins. The Patriots/Jets could mainfest itself if both teams continue carrying the AFC East. [/b][/quote]
    NEVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I was born green and I will die green&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

i just think that now the rivalry that is more important is the JETS / patsies.

another great rivalry was the Lakers / Celtics of the Bird and Magic era.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PETER PAT[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 10:26 AM
    [b] Oh please who are you all trying to kid. I dont hear one word from any of you Jets fans about the Fins even lasy year. But there are severak Pats topics, and people are actually rooting for the Steelers just so the Pats dont win again. Most of your tag lines and pis, say something negative about the Pats.

But you hate the fins more. Well maybe its a quiet hatred cause I dont hear it or see it. Ever since Tuna snaked his way after the SB to NY, the Pats have been the most hated rival. Unless I am just missing all the anti fins posts. [/b][/quote]
    Dont you think Pats fans racking up thousands and thousands of posts all the while being nothing but complete *******s has something to do with that?

LMAO, Jets fans denying that they hate the Pats the most and Pats fans pissed that they aren&#39;t rival #1. LOL&#33;

This is a funny thread. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by NYSE[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 02:39 PM
    [b]
    Dont you think Pats fans racking up thousands and thousands of posts all the while being nothing but complete *******s has something to do with that? [/b][/quote]
    Yet, most of the Patriots related topics are started by Jets fans.