Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100

Thread: Pats-Jets Fan Rivalry Intense?

  1. #21
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    These Patsie fans are so funny. I can see them, stamping their little feet, saying, "We are TOO your biggest rival!" :lol:

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 09:30 AM
    [b]
    The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]


    There you go again, making stuff up Bob. ;)

  3. #23
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] Steelers-Browns has been intense for a long time.

    The comparison to Jets-Dolphins is much more appropriate than Jets-Patsies. The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]
    and the fact that they are the model franchise in the NFL that's won 2 of the last 3 SB's....let's be honest here.

    I love the sense of superiority of Jets fans in saying "well you guys aren't our biggest rival so there"....like we give a ****e!

  4. #24
    Apparently you do since you commented on it :D

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    L.I
    Posts
    2,435
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gmogmo+Dec 3 2004, 10:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gmogmo @ Dec 3 2004, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] Steelers-Browns has been intense for a long time.

    The comparison to Jets-Dolphins is much more appropriate than Jets-Patsies. The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]
    and the fact that they are the model franchise in the NFL that&#39;s won 2 of the last 3 SB&#39;s....let&#39;s be honest here.

    I love the sense of superiority of Jets fans in saying "well you guys aren&#39;t our biggest rival so there"....like we give a ****e&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Apparently you care enough to throw a temper tantrum

  6. #26
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYSE+Dec 3 2004, 01:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (NYSE @ Dec 3 2004, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by gmogmo@Dec 3 2004, 10:58 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] Steelers-Browns has been intense for a long time.

    The comparison to Jets-Dolphins is much more appropriate than Jets-Patsies. The only reason we talk about the Patsies more than two weeks a year is because of all the flamers and trolls they have on this board. [/b][/quote]
    and the fact that they are the model franchise in the NFL that&#39;s won 2 of the last 3 SB&#39;s....let&#39;s be honest here.

    I love the sense of superiority of Jets fans in saying "well you guys aren&#39;t our biggest rival so there"....like we give a ****e&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Apparently you care enough to throw a temper tantrum [/b][/quote]
    you got me NYSE, man you&#39;re just so perceptive&#33;

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,386
    Post elsewhere
    Pats-Jets rivalry might be intense to pat fans

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    L.I
    Posts
    2,435
    I personally hate the Fins significantly more than the Pats.


    I hate Pats fans more than both

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Omicron Persei VIII
    Posts
    275
    [quote][b]I love the sense of superiority of Jets fans in saying "well you guys aren&#39;t our biggest rival so there"....like we give a ****e&#33; [/b][/quote]

    That&#39;s not a sense of of superiority, it&#39;s just fact. We hate Miami more and always will. You&#39;ve got a cute little local sports team up there and you should be very, very proud, but, as far as i&#39;m concerned, you can win 10 more superbowls if it means Miami never wins any.

  10. #30
    This is an interesting topic, my take: For starters, I don&#39;t hate the Pats. The rivalry was fun til they won the SB, then it was no longer the lowly Pats vs. the same old Jets. They bigtimed us. Truth be told, I root for the Pats and Bills should the Jets fold, but not Miami. Never. The other team I hate is the Giants. 1) They&#39;re in our town and 2) we&#39;re in their stadium - that sucks.

    Goddammit&#33; I think we should get our own stadium before picking out who we hate most. I was never more sure until after I went to last years Jets at Pats. It should take precedence over just about everything.

  11. #31
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NuuWorldOrder#30[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 01:34 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I love the sense of superiority of Jets fans in saying "well you guys aren&#39;t our biggest rival so there"....like we give a ****e&#33; [/b][/quote]

    That&#39;s not a sense of of superiority, it&#39;s just fact. We hate Miami more and always will. You&#39;ve got a cute little local sports team up there and you should be very, very proud, but, as far as i&#39;m concerned, you can win 10 more superbowls if it means Miami never wins any. [/b][/quote]
    Personally I couldn&#39;t care less about who another teams fans perceive their big rival to be.....generally in the NFL I find rivalries change year to year (or at least half decadely)

    For example the Pats/Fins was huge when I was little, then Pats/Jets got big with Tuna...now I can&#39;t stand teams like Pittsburgh, and the Colts.

    It&#39;s just embarassing to see people attempt to feel superior by downplaying a potential rivalry between 2 teams (they don&#39;t even play on&#33;)..."you have a cute team up there"....try to be a little more transparent guy.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Omicron Persei VIII
    Posts
    275
    almost as embarassing as a non-jets fan who lives on a jets message board trying to get the attention that mummy and daddy never gave them.

  13. #33
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gmogmo[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 12:09 PM
    [b] It&#39;s just embarassing to see people attempt to feel superior by downplaying a potential rivalry between 2 teams [/b][/quote]
    More embarassing than trying to play the rivalry UP?

    Patsie fans are like a girl with a crush on a guy who just isn&#39;t that interested in her.

  14. #34
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chad101[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 09:22 AM
    [b] Well we also have a fan on JI rooting for Pitt to go 15-1 and have homefield throughout which I find crazy being we play them next week. [/b][/quote]
    Gee. I wonder who that could be :D

  15. #35
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Dec 3 2004, 02:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Dec 3 2004, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gmogmo[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 12:09 PM
    [b] It&#39;s just embarassing to see people attempt to feel superior by downplaying a potential rivalry between 2 teams [/b][/quote]
    More embarassing than trying to play the rivalry UP?

    Patsie fans are like a girl with a crush on a guy who just isn&#39;t that interested in her. [/b][/quote]
    I give up....my 3 year old has better reasoning skills than you folks&#33;

    You win...Pats have no rivals becuase nobody thinks twice about them, Jetsies have teams lining up to be their rivals....everybody just wants to bring the almighty Jets to their knees (like Max does to 5ever on a nightly basis)

  16. #36
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PETER PAT[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b] Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans. [/b][/quote]
    maybe thats cause there is only one fin fan that hangs out here and most of us like him....unlike the numerous patsie* j/o&#39;s that are always here

  17. #37
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    93
    This is a generational argument. I know my father still has nightmares about Marino&#39;s Dolphins, but he really couldn&#39;t care less about the Pats. I, on the other hand, despise the Pats far more than any other team. Is it jealousy? Probably. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I hate the Fish too, but the Pats are where we wanna be, so a lot of hatred is spawned from that.

  18. #38
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gmogmo+Dec 3 2004, 12:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gmogmo @ Dec 3 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Dec 3 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-gmogmo[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 12:09 PM
    [b] It&#39;s just embarassing to see people attempt to feel superior by downplaying a potential rivalry between 2 teams [/b][/quote]
    More embarassing than trying to play the rivalry UP?

    Patsie fans are like a girl with a crush on a guy who just isn&#39;t that interested in her. [/b][/quote]
    I give up....my 3 year old has better reasoning skills than you folks&#33;

    You win...Pats have no rivals becuase nobody thinks twice about them, Jetsies have teams lining up to be their rivals....everybody just wants to bring the almighty Jets to their knees (like Max does to 5ever on a nightly basis) [/b][/quote]
    Wrong again. Certainly you have rivals. Bills fans seem to really hate you.

    Jets fans consider you to be rivals, too - just less than the Dolphins and Giants. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

  19. #39
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfan13+Dec 3 2004, 04:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetfan13 @ Dec 3 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PETER PAT[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b] Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans. [/b][/quote]
    maybe thats cause there is only one fin fan that hangs out here and most of us like him....unlike the numerous patsie* j/o&#39;s that are always here [/b][/quote]
    [b][color=green][SIZE=4]Damm Patriot J/Os&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Go home you bastards. [/color][/SIZE][/b]

    ;)

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Somerset, NJ
    Posts
    1,573
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SteveC1834[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 12:34 PM
    [b] This is a generational argument. I know my father still has nightmares about Marino&#39;s Dolphins, but he really couldn&#39;t care less about the Pats. I, on the other hand, despise the Pats far more than any other team. Is it jealousy? Probably. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I hate the Fish too, but the Pats are where we wanna be, so a lot of hatred is spawned from that. [/b][/quote]
    You make a very good point. I hate the Fins almost as much as I hate the Yanks (Met fan here).

    On the other hand my 11 yr old son, hates the Pats and couldnt care less about the Fins.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us