Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pats-Jets Fan Rivalry Intense?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfan13+Dec 3 2004, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetfan13 @ Dec 3 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PETER PAT[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b] Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans. [/b][/quote]
    maybe thats cause there is only one fin fan that hangs out here and most of us like him....unlike the numerous patsie* j/o&#39;s that are always here [/b][/quote]
    &#39;Cause self-respecting Pats fans don&#39;t kiss Jets fans a@@ - ever. (Unless, of course, it&#39;s JonE&#39;s - but that is something else all together&#33; :lol: )

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gmogmo+Dec 3 2004, 12:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gmogmo @ Dec 3 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Dec 3 2004, 02:24 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-gmogmo[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 12:09 PM
    [b] It&#39;s just embarassing to see people attempt to feel superior by downplaying a potential rivalry between 2 teams [/b][/quote]
    More embarassing than trying to play the rivalry UP?

Patsie fans are like a girl with a crush on a guy who just isn&#39;t that interested in her. [/b][/quote]
    I give up....my 3 year old has better reasoning skills than you folks&#33;

You win...Pats have no rivals becuase nobody thinks twice about them, Jetsies have teams lining up to be their rivals....everybody just wants to bring the almighty Jets to their knees (like Max does to 5ever on a nightly basis) [/b][/quote]
    Its ok to cry.

This whole discussion of rivals makes no sense, the Colts and Steelers are much more the Pats rivels than the Jets. In the grand scheme of things the Steelers and Colts have at least challenged the Pats in the Playoffs. The Jets don&#39;t make the playoffs consistently enough for them to be considered a rival. Personally I would love to see that develop but the reality is the Jets would have to dramatically step up their game.

All League
    Before I found this message board I only disliked the Pats, now I hate them and there fans.

Ah well

Dolphins will always be hated by me though, even now at 2-9 I hope they lose the next 5 games :ph34r:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Icer[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 04:32 PM
    [b] Before I found this message board I only disliked the Pats, now I hate them and there fans.

Ah well

Dolphins will always be hated by me though, even now at 2-9 I hope they lose the next 5 games :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    Thats not really logical, I would rather see the Phins win three or four more games so they are still out of the playoffs but don&#39;t get a top ten draft pick. You got to think about the future. ;)

All League
    Charter JI Member

That is the first thing Asshat ever posted that actually made sense.

[quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 10:36 AM
    [b] NEVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I was born green and I will die green&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

[/b][/quote]
    jaundice? :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Icer[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 04:32 PM
    [b] Before I found this message board I only disliked the Pats, now I hate them and there fans.

[/b][/quote]
    Well I agree with before the JI thing I only disliked the Pats, and nationally the Tuna Bowls were great&#33;

I don&#39;t hate the fans though. Although some here show no class and act like the Pats are the greatest franchise ever, think about the poor guys that faithfully went to see that team when Victor Kiam owned that team...or better yet had to go through the 30+ years before they won a championship. Half empty stadiums and such and those people still stuck to their team, and should be given props.

As some others have said in 86 I rooted hard for the Pats to win against the Bears..the whole AFC vs NFC thing. Same thing against the Rams. After that win I started coming here from reading ganggreen and all of a sudden a hatred started for the Pats. Sorta like Pistons fans are nowadays...when they were getting 8,000 a night after the Isiah years you didn&#39;t here a peep.

Win with class..lose with class

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 04:49 PM
    [b] Although some here show no class and act like the Pats are the greatest franchise ever [/b][/quote]

Like who?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Dec 3 2004, 04:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Dec 3 2004, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 10:36 AM
    [b] NEVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I was born green and I will die green&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

[/b][/quote]
    jaundice? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    you are enjoying busting my chops, aren&#39;t you. ;) :lol:

jaundice is actually yellow.... :)

[quote][i]Originally posted by greengal+Dec 3 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (greengal @ Dec 3 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Smizzy@Dec 3 2004, 04:46 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-greengal[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 10:36 AM

[/b][/quote]
    jaundice? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    you are enjoying busting my chops, aren&#39;t you. ;) :lol:

jaundice is actually yellow.... :) [/b][/quote]
    Im just in one of those moods today.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 05:26 PM
    [b] you are enjoying busting my chops, aren&#39;t you. ;) :lol:

jaundice is actually yellow.... :) [/QUOTE]
    Im just in one of those moods today. [/b][/quote]
    glad to be of service then. ;) :lol:

Who a fan views as his/her team&#39;s biggest rival is strictly a personal preference. There is NO absolute truth here.

If you grew up in an era where Miami was always Top Dog, they&#39;ll (forever?) be seen by you as your biggest rival.

But you also have to recognize the fact that there is a generation growing up right now and Miami has been replaced by New England as Top Dog. You also have to recognize the fact that New England is a much more natural rival to New York than Miami is. There&#39;s the proximity factor as well as the obvious Red Sox/Yankees thing. With the Sox finally breaking through this year, that rivalry is now much stronger. Until this year, the Sox had never caused Yankee fans any pain. It was too one sided to be a true rivalry. There&#39;s also the Parcells/Belichick thing.

I think it&#39;s pretty obvious, even if many of you would like to hold onto childhood perceptions, that the Patriots are definitely the Jets biggest rivals. Just look at the makeup of this msg board. Look at all the threads started by Jets fans regarding the Patriots. There is A LOT of animosity from Jets fans towards the Patriots and their organization and especially their coaching staff.

I mean seriously, the GREATEST coach in the game today and quite possibly ever, REJECTED your team for the Patriots and as a result you can only watch helplessly as the Patriots are on the verge of not only becoming a dynasty but perhaps the greatest dynasty of them all.

Don&#39;t tell me that doesn&#39;t hurt. We all know better than that.

Jets fans don&#39;t really have enough positive history to be choosy about picking rivals. Truthfully, you should be happy that anyone would even consider you as one of their biggest rivals because in truth your team, the Jets, haven&#39;t even earned it. But the city of New York and the fans have. It&#39;s only because of the city and fanbase that the Jets are in this discussion. I salute you Mr. Jets fan. You&#39;re a worthy rival even if your team isn&#39;t.

I&#39;ve always felt that the degree of a rivalry depends on how much PAIN is inflicted by one another. If you fall in love with a team and truly believe that its your year, only to have your heart broken, that creates a rivalry with the team that broke your heart.

As far as AFC East rivalries go, no team has really inflicted much pain on Pats fans. Whenever the Patriots have been good throughout their history, they&#39;ve always beaten their AFC East Rivals. We&#39;ve rarely suffered a heart-breaking loss to one of our division rivals. The only one remotely close to heartbreak was the &#39;02 loss to the Jets. But even that one wasn&#39;t so bad. By the end of that year we had so many injuries at key positions where we lacked depth, that most of us realized it wasn&#39;t our year. Sure I was disappointed but I can&#39;t say I was heartbroken.

As far as heartbreakers, I think of the Elway led Broncos. We never beat him (0-11). They broke our hearts in &#39;86 and &#39;88 and caused pain on many other occassions as well. The &#39;76 Raiders are another one. The &#39;97 Steelers. The &#39;96 Packers. Damn Desmond Howard.

As for me. I rank the Steelers, Raiders, and Broncos as our 3 biggest rivals. In the division its a toss up. I too, grew up with the Dolphins being the team to beat so those feelings still exist but I can&#39;t deny that the Jets/Pats has become a strong rivalry in the last 7 or 8 years. It may not have the history because both teams have rarely been good at the same time but make no mistake about it, these teams do not like one another.

I think it&#39;s kind of humorous, even self-deppreciating, for a Jets fan to belittle the rivalry with the Pats. If you can&#39;t be rivals with a team in pursuit of their 3rd Championship in 4 years and quite possibly much more after that.........What does that say about you?

It says to me that you are either living in denial or you are a completely defeated fan base that has finally given up. It says that you don&#39;t even believe you can compete. It says that you have to faith in your team. It says you think your team sucks.

If you believe otherwise, then you must admit to the pain that the Patriots success has caused. But if you do that, you also must admit this is now a serious rivalry.....THE SERIOUS RIVALRY.

As Always,
    Nothing But the Truth.

);p

All League
    Charter JI Member

Pomposity does not make your argument more convincing.

Sorry. You&#39;re fun and all, but we&#39;re just not that into you. It&#39;s not you. It&#39;s us. Someday, we&#39;re probably going to regret letting you get away from us.

Right now, though, this is something we need to do. For us. You&#39;ll find a rival who deserves you. We know you will.

Take care of yourselves, OK?

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 02:27 PM
    [b] Yeah I always considered "Miami week" as the biggest rivals.

The Pats were bad for so long and only the last 3 years has this become a rivalry, . [/b][/quote]
    First of all, I want to thank all the Jet fans who DO NOT hate us. Personally, I&#39;d rather not be hated. ;) Secondly, who cares if Jet fans hate the Pats or Pats fans. Most of us just post here to discuss football or defend ourselves from some of the more deluded comments we see here. However the reason for my post is to correct Chase&#39;s comment on the Pats&#39; success being just a 3 year occurance.

Sorry Chase, but the Pats last 10 years are the best in the NFL - That includes THREE Superbowl appearences - The most in the NFL in the last decade. The Jets have....ah.... zero. 3 conference Championships. The Jets have....ah....Zero. 5 division championships. The Jets have....ah....2 (including that awesome 9-7 job in 2002) and 6 Playoff appearences. The Jets have (I think) 3. AND the Pats have had only 2 losing seasons. The Jets have......who cares.

The Pats have had just 2 poor seasons the past DECADE, and rebounded from both with superbowl appearances the next year. The fact of the matter is that the Pats have been among the League&#39;s elite for 10 years, not 3.

Chase, et al, I don&#39;t care who you hate, just get the facts right

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 09:26 AM
    [b]

Chase, et al, I don&#39;t care who you hate, just get the facts right [/b][/quote]

Jet fans are incapable of that.

They are blinded by the fact that the Pats are the model NFL franchise.

I guess that is what you get when your sorry team hasn&#39;t even [b]played[/b] in a Super Bowl since man walked on the moon.

Can you say Cardinals, Lions, Saints and Browns? :lol: :lol:

I can&#39;t believe I missed this thread for so long&#33;&#33; Seriously for all Pats fans, go back and read through this entire thread again and realize how pathetic you make yourselves. Seriously, you are were never, are not, and most likely will never be our most hated rival. Period.

Fact is you don&#39;t have a rivalry like the Jets/Phins and you never will. Just because your team is good right now and MIA isn&#39;t doesn&#39;t change that fact one bit. Jets fans find you too amusing to ever turn you into a hates rival. Before your team started winning, none of us even knew any of you. Now that you have a respectable team you all start coming out of your caves and expect us to start hating you more than a rivalry that has gone on for years?? Please :rolleyes: Does Michigan not hate OSU anymore when OSU isn&#39;t a good team? Do they suddenly consider another Big 10 team their most hated rival? Of course not.

You Patsies are nothing more than amusing and annoying. We know that when your castle crumbles, over half of you will be gone from here. Get over yourselves and have some self respect. You only embarrass yourselves hen you come to us begging for us tomake you our hated rival. :rolleyes:

All League
    its not even close, miami is far and away our most hated rival.....period&#33;&#33;

as a matter of fact, i really dont even mind when the pats win a SB after the jets are knocked out.....they are kind of a neutral team in my book.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 10:40 AM
    [b]

You Patsies are nothing more than amusing and annoying. We know that when your castle crumbles, over half of you will be gone from here. Get over yourselves and have some self respect. You only embarrass yourselves hen you come to us begging for us tomake you our hated rival. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

Booz, so unlike you.

Never thought I&#39;d see the day where you are whinning like most Jet fans. ;)

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 02:40 PM
    [b] You only embarrass yourselves hen you come to us begging for us tomake you our hated rival. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    wow what a great quote.....isnt that the truth&#33;&#33;