Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pats-Jets Fan Rivalry Intense?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase+Dec 4 2004, 08:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chase @ Dec 4 2004, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Icer@Dec 4 2004, 07:37 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by PYPER@Dec 4 2004, 03:15 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet@Dec 4 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-PETER PAT[/i]@Dec 3 2004, 10:18 AM
    [b] Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans. [/b][/quote]
    The lack of anti-Fins material here is because we have one one Fins fan who posts here, and he&#39;s not all that annoying. Plus, Fins 2004 isn&#39;t much worth talking about.

Trust me, for the decades before the Pats two superbowls, we couldnt care less about NE. It was all about the Fins. And still is. You folks have just caught up. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s the point dumbass.

If the Jets/Dolphins were such a great rivalry there would be more than just ONE of their fans posting here. The fact is that they couldn&#39;t care less about the Jets.

Go to any team&#39;s message board and I guarantee you that you&#39;ll find that team&#39;s biggest rival&#39;s fan base posting there. Yet on all Jets boards, there are few Dolphins fans and BILLIONS of Pats fans. Why is that?

If you go to Dolphins boards, there are more Patriots fans there than Jets fans. But even the Pats are grossly outnumbered by Bills fans. The Bills are the Dolphins biggest rivals because for years the Bills caused the Dolphin fan base much pain. Throughout the early mid 90&#39;s the Bills dominated Miami in every big game they played. Sure Miami had a few victories here or there but when the stakes were greatest, ie THE PLAYOFFS, the Bills always won.

Where have the Jets ever caused Miami heartbreak? The Midnight Miracle? That happened around week four of a season in which you went 9-7 and FAILED to even make the playoffs. I also hear a lot about the fake spike. Hello people. You went 6-10 that year.

[b]The truth is that the only fans the Jets have caused any heartbreak for, are their own.[/b]

I think the whole discussion is hilarious. The phychology I mean. It seems as if Jets fans&#39; biggest weapon in this rivalry is to dismiss it as if it doesn&#39;t exist. That&#39;s kind of cool. I give you guys props for that. You guys are frustratingly stubborn as only a true rival could be.

:D [/b][/quote]
    Straight from the a&#036;ses mouth.

[url=http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=51224]http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthre...ead.php?t=51224[/url]

Dolphins hate the Jets just as much as we hate them

You guys are so pathetic, you want us to concede a rivalry to you. Maybe if the Pats stay atop the AFCE for the next 5 years and keep the Jets down it will start to reach the level of Miami/NYJ. [/b][/quote]
    Great post...guess that ended the thread :lol:

Good job Icer [/b][/quote]
    Hilarious. That was just a link to Jets fans spouting off more nonsense.

Any rivalry that contains the Jets is bound to be a laim one. Rivalries are built over time when competing team&#39;s have strong histories. The Jets have practically no history. Therefore they have no rivalries.

The truth is that both the Bills and Pats have MUCH STRONGER rivalries with the Dolphins than the Jets do.

After reviewing all the facts, I am know concluding that the Pats/Jets is NOT a great rivalry. It SHOULD BE a great rivalry and it would be if the Jets could carry their own weight. But they can&#39;t and therefore it isn&#39;t.

As it is the Pats will continue winning Championships while the Jets continue frustrating their loyal fans by repeatedly sticking their heads up their own asses. Perhaps one day the Jets get things right and become consistent enough to forge a strong rivalry.

Until then we all wait for the great rivalry that isn&#39;t.......

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

AFC East rivalry=Jets-Dolphins

Always have been and always will be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER+Dec 4 2004, 09:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PYPER &#064; Dec 4 2004, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Chase@Dec 4 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Icer@Dec 4 2004, 07:37 PM
    [b] Yeah cause I see so much anti fin sentiment posted here by jets fans. [/b][/quote]
    The lack of anti-Fins material here is because we have one one Fins fan who posts here, and he&#39;s not all that annoying. Plus, Fins 2004 isn&#39;t much worth talking about.

Trust me, for the decades before the Pats two superbowls, we couldnt care less about NE. It was all about the Fins. And still is. You folks have just caught up. [/b][/quote]

If the Jets/Dolphins were such a great rivalry there would be more than just ONE of their fans posting here. The fact is that they couldn&#39;t care less about the Jets.

Go to any team&#39;s message board and I guarantee you that you&#39;ll find that team&#39;s biggest rival&#39;s fan base posting there. Yet on all Jets boards, there are few Dolphins fans and BILLIONS of Pats fans. Why is that?

If you go to Dolphins boards, there are more Patriots fans there than Jets fans. But even the Pats are grossly outnumbered by Bills fans. The Bills are the Dolphins biggest rivals because for years the Bills caused the Dolphin fan base much pain. Throughout the early mid 90&#39;s the Bills dominated Miami in every big game they played. Sure Miami had a few victories here or there but when the stakes were greatest, ie THE PLAYOFFS, the Bills always won.

Where have the Jets ever caused Miami heartbreak? The Midnight Miracle? That happened around week four of a season in which you went 9-7 and FAILED to even make the playoffs. I also hear a lot about the fake spike. Hello people. You went 6-10 that year.

[b]The truth is that the only fans the Jets have caused any heartbreak for, are their own.[/b]

I think the whole discussion is hilarious. The phychology I mean. It seems as if Jets fans&#39; biggest weapon in this rivalry is to dismiss it as if it doesn&#39;t exist. That&#39;s kind of cool. I give you guys props for that. You guys are frustratingly stubborn as only a true rival could be.

[url=http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=51224]http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthre...ead.php?t=51224[/url]

You guys are so pathetic, you want us to concede a rivalry to you. Maybe if the Pats stay atop the AFCE for the next 5 years and keep the Jets down it will start to reach the level of Miami/NYJ. [/b][/quote]

Any rivalry that contains the Jets is bound to be a laim one. Rivalries are built over time when competing team&#39;s have strong histories. The Jets have practically no history. Therefore they have no rivalries.

The truth is that both the Bills and Pats have MUCH STRONGER rivalries with the Dolphins than the Jets do.

After reviewing all the facts, I am know concluding that the Pats/Jets is NOT a great rivalry. It SHOULD BE a great rivalry and it would be if the Jets could carry their own weight. But they can&#39;t and therefore it isn&#39;t.

As it is the Pats will continue winning Championships while the Jets continue frustrating their loyal fans by repeatedly sticking their heads up their own asses. Perhaps one day the Jets get things right and become consistent enough to forge a strong rivalry.

Until then we all wait for the great rivalry that isn&#39;t....... [/b][/quote]
    The Jets have no history and the patsies do? When I think of the patsies before the last SB I draw a blank.

The patsies were the laughing stock of the NFL for years and the SB XX beating the patsies took from the Bears (46-10) just continued their misery.

Lets see when I think of the patsies I think of Norelco shavers and the Locker Room fiasco with the Olsen chick or whatever her name was but thats about it.

The Jets SB 3 victory over the colts is more historical and of importance than anything the patsies have ever done so please don&#39;t talk about history when mentioning the patsies they have none&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JETFAN1+Dec 4 2004, 10:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JETFAN1 &#064; Dec 4 2004, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by PYPER@Dec 4 2004, 09:57 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Chase@Dec 4 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Icer@Dec 4 2004, 07:37 PM

Until then we all wait for the great rivalry that isn&#39;t....... [/b][/quote]
    The Jets have no history and the patsies do? When I think of the patsies before the last SB I draw a blank.

The patsies were the laughing stock of the NFL for years and the SB XX beating the patsies took from the Bears (46-10) just continued their misery.

Lets see when I think of the patsies I think of Norelco shavers and the Locker Room fiasco with the Olsen chick or whatever her name was but thats about it.

The Jets SB 3 victory over the colts is more historical and of importance than anything the patsies have ever done so please don&#39;t talk about history when mentioning the patsies they have none&#33; [/b][/quote]
    SB III was almost 35 years ago. It was definitely an historic game but how long can you possibly hold onto that one game. Heck, I wasn&#39;t even born then. Were you? That would be funny if you weren&#39;t. Not to mention pathetic.

The Patriots were the NFL&#39;s laughingstock from 1990 - 1993. It was a bad four years but it was only four years.

Since 1994, when Kraft bought the team, the Patriots have won more games than every single team in the league, bar none.

Since 1994, when Kraft bought the team, the Patriots have made more SB appearances than every single team in the league, bar none.

By midseason next year at the latest, the Patriots franchise will have a winning all-time won/loss record.

This is the Patriots 45th season. Of those 45 seasons, the Patriots have had twenty four (24) winning seasons, three (3) .500 seasons, and eighteen (18) losing seasons. They&#39;ve also won 13 playoff games, are a perfect 4-0 in AFC Championship Games, and of course they have the two Championships.

Let&#39;s compare that to the Jets.
    This is the Jets 45th season. Of those 45 seasons, the Jets have had ONLY thirteen (13) winning seasons, ten (10) .500 seasons, and twenty one (21) losing seasons. The Jets have ONLY won 7 playoff games in their history and of course they own the Lombardi from SB III.

When it comes to franchise success, the Jets are at the bottom of the barrel. They&#39;re all-time record is so bad that they have virtually no shot of ever getting it over .500.

The Patriots have basically TWICE AS MUCH winning as the Jets do. Twice as many winning seasons. Twice as many playoff wins. Twice as many Championships.

Thanks for stopping by.

:D :lol: :D

);pyper

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 09:57 PM
    [b]

[/b][/quote]
    Poor Pyper, he&#39;s feeling so ..... jilted. :lol: :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Pyper, you&#39;re a moron. You make assmop and shasta look credible.

Now run along now and get a tissue to dry those tears of yours, we know it&#39;s hurting you inside.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Icer[/i]@Dec 4 2004, 11:37 PM
    [b] Straight from the a&#036;ses mouth.

I think those are some of the same a&#036;&#036;es on this board. :rolleyes:

Who cares anyways.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 12:13 AM
    [b]

Let&#39;s compare that to the Jets.
    This is the Jets 45th season. Of those 45 seasons, the Jets have had ONLY thirteen (13) winning seasons, ten (10) .500 seasons, and twenty one (21) losing seasons. The Jets have ONLY won 7 playoff games in their history [/b][/quote]

The Pats have won as many playoff games in the last 3 years as the Jets have won in their entire existence. :lol: :lol:

The Jets have only had wining seasons 28% of the time they have been in the NFL. :lol: :lol:

Talk about a losing organization.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Jets fans&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Today&#39;s victory ensured the New York Jets of their the 14th winning season in their 45 year history. Way to go.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Pyper don&#39;t get mad because you said that Dolphins fans don&#39;t view the Jets as their biggest rival....you look like a fool.

Suck it up. You were proven wrong and just admit it. Don&#39;t make yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already do. It&#39;s ok man it really is :D .

Let us know when you find that Dolphins board that says the Pats are bigger rivals than the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah it&#39;s also funny how you guys bring up your recent success, what happened to the first 41 years that your team took to finally win one?

[b]SILENCE[/b]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b] Come on Pyper don&#39;t get mad because you said that Dolphins fans don&#39;t view the Jets as their biggest rival....you look like a fool.

Suck it up. You were proven wrong and just admit it. Don&#39;t make yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already do. It&#39;s ok man it really is :D .

Let us know when you find that Dolphins board that says the Pats are bigger rivals than the Jets. [/b][/quote]
    I have yet to see any evidence where Dolphin fans feel the Jets are their biggest rivals. Look at the name of the posters on that poll on finheaven. They&#39;re all Jets fans from this site. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You&#39;re completely dillusional if you think Dolphin fans hate you guys more than the Bills or Patriots. WHEN HAVE YOU EVER CAUSED THEM PAIN? WHEN HAVE YOU EVER BROKE THEIR HEARTS? Those are very VERY IMPORTANT ingredients for any rivalry.

[b]And that is why the Jets have NO rivalries. The only hearts they break are their own.[/b]

Both the Bills and Patriots have stronger rivalries with the Dolphins fanbase. The Bills based on their dominance in the early &#39;90&#39;s. The Patriots based on &#39;85, &#39;93, &#39;97, &#39;98, &#39;01, &#39;02, and &#39;03.

Fanbase rivalries are based on history. That&#39;s because fans tend to be fans their entire lifetimes (unless your a Jets fan - That much misery is too much to endure) and they have long memories.

Player rivalries are different. Most players grew up rooting for teams other than the ones they now play for. Therefore their rivalries are based on more recent times. Usuallly their simply based on however long they&#39;ve been with that particular team. The Patriots are absolutely the Dolphins&#39; players biggest rivals. Both Taylor and Thomas have admitted as much.

You see, when a team starts winning Super Bowls and beating their rivals along the way they tend to get hated kind of quickly.

Or do you really think it makes sense to hate a team that goes 6-10 every other year?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always, Jets fans irrational dillusions have kept me entertained but, alas, I think I&#39;m done with this topic.

Thanks for stopping by.

);p

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pyper - get a life. Your team has won two of the last three Superbowls and you&#39;re getting territorial over Dolphin rivalry rights?&#33;?&#33; BTW, Bills fans everywhere should be thankful for your generosity in sharing them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PYPER[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:20 AM
    [b] bump :D [/b][/quote]
    Get a life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no response to the 41 year wait.

Yep, I thought so....

Talk about futility...were you talking smack all those years....nope didn&#39;t think so.

Our wait from our last SB so far is at 35 years, your wait for your FIRST one was 41....PATHETIC.

Bandwagon fans are a total joke.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years I&#39;ve developed an intense dislike for both the Bills and the Patriots.
    Also I can&#39;t stand the Giants, Colts, Steelers, Rams and the Cowboy&#39;s because of the coach.

But make no mistake......... I HATE THE FREAKING DOLPHINS, I HATE THEIR FRONT RUNNING FANS, I HATE SHULA, I HATE MARINO, I HATE BOB GRIESE,
    I EVEN HATE DAVID WOODLEY.

Every time Belichick&#39;s team wins a game it makes that a-hole in Dallas look less
    a genius.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 08:47 PM
    [b] Oh yeah it&#39;s also funny how you guys bring up your recent success, what happened to the first 41 years that your team took to finally win one?

[b]SILENCE[/b] [/b][/quote]
    It might have taken 41 years to win, but it was not for lack of trying.

The Patriots were in an AFL Championship game and two Superbowls before the won their first championship.

The Jets by contrast has their one sole appearance. They have been unable to match it since. That by definition is a fluke.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I can&#39;t believe these guys are still crying about this. You&#39;d think they&#39;d be happy with their two SB wins in three years. Instead, crackpyper and a few of the others are up in arms because we&#39;re not that interested in them.

Get over it, already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Shea319now314[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:33 AM
    [b] Over the years I&#39;ve developed an intense dislike for both the Bills and the Patriots.
    Also I can&#39;t stand the Giants, Colts, Steelers, Rams and the Cowboy&#39;s because of the coach.

But make no mistake......... I HATE THE FREAKING DOLPHINS, I HATE THEIR FRONT RUNNING FANS, I HATE SHULA, I HATE MARINO, I HATE BOB GRIESE,
    I EVEN HATE DAVID WOODLEY.

Every time Belichick&#39;s team wins a game it makes that a-hole in Dallas look less
    a genius. [/b][/quote]
    I pretty much agree with you completely. Rather than argue with the pee-brains, I&#39;m going to try a different approach and make an attempt at a good discussion. It seems that we may have some things in common so let&#39;s start there.

Bills.....I want to hate them, but they&#39;ve been so pathetic the last few years that it&#39;s been difficult. I find myself actually rooting for them now so that I can hate them later. How weird does that sound? It&#39;s so much funner when you can hate your rivals. One of the reasons I was happy the Bills traded for Bledsoe was because of what that trade would do the the Pats/Bills rivalry. Before that trade the Pats/Bills series was seriously lacking that special ingredient that every real rivalry needs. When Milloy became a Bill it looked like this rivalry was going to really take off but it&#39;s disappointed. But the Bills are showing some life now, so we&#39;ll have to wait and see what happens.

As a Pats fan living in New York my whole life, it&#39;s easy to understand which AFC East team I feel the strongest rivalry with. I mean seriously. Could a team&#39;s fanbase be any more jaded. Objectivity is not a trait found in New York.

Giants....Hate em. If Eli&#39;s last name had been Jones or Smith and he was based soley on his production/ability, would he even have been drafted on day one, let alone the first round. The Giants traded away their future for a GIANT BUST.

Colts....I can&#39;t stand this team. Bunch of pretty boys who cry to Mommy when they get dirt on their uniforms.

Steelers....This is my family&#39;s team. I respect this franchise more than any other. What they accomplished in the 70&#39;s is the benchmark of greatness that all others must strive to surpass. Though they didn&#39;t win any SB&#39;s in the 90&#39;s, this team basically spoon fed talent throughout the entire league. If free agency had come a decade later, the Steelers would have won another 4 SB&#39;s. Year after year they lost star after star but they always seem to find someone even better.

Rams....Hate Martz. He&#39;s such an egomaniac moron. He&#39;s kind of like the Rain Man. He&#39;s brilliant in a couple of ways but he&#39;s such a putz in so many others that he wastes his talents.

Cowboys....Definitely the most hated NFC team. America&#39;s Team my ass. That&#39;s so foolish. The term "America&#39;s Team" was never intended for the Dallas Cowboys franchise. It was a name of endearment giving to a specific team, the Staubach led Cowboys of the 70&#39;s. The name was given b/c Staubach and the Cowboys played such an entertaining brand of football. I hate how the media, in all their great ignorance, completely misleads public perception.

Parcells....Hate him. Selfish egomaniac. Doesn&#39;t give a s**t about anything more than himself. Fat ass should be greatful he had the opportunity to coach with the greatest coaching mind of his era, if not all time.

Dolphins.......Can I get an AMEN&#33; for the joy of watching all those bandwagon riding fools who call themselves Dolphins fans. How great is it to see this team finally hit rock bottom. Every other team&#39;s fans have gone through it, it&#39;s about time Miami fans did as well. I&#39;m loving the fact that in every Dolphin game played in Miami that I&#39;ve seen the last few years, it seems like the visiting team has as many if not more fans there. When the Patriots play in Miami, it sounds like the Pats fans outnumber them 3 to 1.

That&#39;s it.