9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good, their just having a tough start, they'll get back on track

5 55.56%
  • Dumb move, not enough chemistry with the current roster

4 44.44%

Thread: the tracy mcgrady trade

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houstin is horrible this year, 6-11 at this point, and Tracy McGrady doesnt seem to be fitting in

and when he does fit in (48 points the other night) they still lose

he's getting 22.1 PPG, 5.7 assists per game

Stevy Franchise is getting 20.9 PPG and 6.3 assists per game and Kelvin Cato is getting 7.4 PPG and 8.3 Rebounds per game

TomShane
    I think Van Gundy, like everybody else, over-estimated how good Yao could be. He's trying to run that Knicks/Patrick Ewing system through Yao and Yao looks like he wants no part of it. They should just let McGrady run the point and find a spot-up shooter to put at the 2 and they'd be much more successful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Van Gundy is holding the team back with his philosophy. It will be worth it when he either adapts, or they get a new coach and bring in a real Point Guard.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by TomShane@Dec 4 2004, 11:32 PM
    I think Van Gundy, like everybody else, over-estimated how good Yao could be. He's trying to run that Knicks/Patrick Ewing system through Yao and Yao looks like he wants no part of it. They should just let McGrady run the point and find a spot-up shooter to put at the 2 and they'd be much more successful.
    I agree. Yao is good, but he's no Ewing. Seems like this really isn't the right team for Van Gundy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Dec 5 2004, 12:58 AM
    Van Gundy is holding the team back with his philosophy. It will be worth it when he either adapts, or they get a new coach and bring in a real Point Guard.
    This is the root of the problem.

Van Gundy is not the coach for this type of talent. McGrady is a running type of slasher/scorer, who falls in the habit at times of shooting 3's. He and Yao should be a dominate force, but won't unless they free up the reins.

I would like to see this group under a Don Nelson type coach.

They also need a speedy point guard. Kidd would look super down there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tmac is a ball hog

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think T Mac tries harder to support his team more than most all stars in this game. The game a couple days ago was proof. I dont know whether his tendency to put the burden solely on him is a blessing or a curse but I do think the Rockets will rebound in a big way soon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tmac will be in the hall