Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This final 4 game stretch

is not as tough as everyone makes it out to be. I mean people (mostly the press)are calling it brutal, killer. I think these guys take what news is hot w/o actually giving their opinions or giving their own thoughts. There are two good teams and two very beatable teams. We have had much harder schedules to finish the year in '02, '00 and '98. The way it seems its like the hardest finish to a schedule of all time.

All of the games are winnable. There's no reason we can't beat New England and Pittsburgh. We're a good football team. If we play good football, there's no reason that we'll lose.

[quote][i]Originally posted by CUJet[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:12 AM
    [b] All of the games are winnable. There's no reason we can't beat New England and Pittsburgh. We're a good football team. If we play good football, there's no reason that we'll lose. [/b][/quote]
    That is true CU. We can win any of these games. My point, though, was the mindless media who simply repeats things that they hear. Upon further review, its not as tough as people make it out to be.

I would be happy as hell with going 3-1 the rest of the season. Beating the pats of course would be great, and making sure they don't get homefield advantage.

Seattle and St Louis are below average teams. One of them will win the NFC West with a .500 record. These are both games that the Jets SHOULD win. So far this year (unlike years past), the Jets are winning the games they are supposed to. If we can split between the Pitt/NE games, we could be looking at a 12-4 record!

we just need 11-5 that's all

The Bills and Jaguars and Denver and Baltimore are still very much alive. Look at their schedules.

At least we control our own destiny this year. If we take care of our own business, we're in! I'll take my chances from there.

Veteran
    I think we will learn alot about the Jets the next four games not just by wins & losses but how they will able to compete.

2-2 would be acceptable.

JMO

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Good post

I expect to beat the Seahawks and the Rams and I like our chances vs the Steelers this week and we all know playing the Patriots always go down to the wire.

We are in even if we go 2-2 in the last 4 games....you also have to take into consideration that we distanced ourselves from a few teams yesterday regarding the AFC playoff hunt (Broncos-Ravens-Jaguars all lost).

Jets will make the playoffs in 2004.

Hall Of Fame

You feel we will learn alot about the Jets in the last FOUR games of the season? :huh:

I think we pretty much know all about this team right now and Iexpect to be 2-2 at worse. The Texans are not terrible and the Jets held them in check yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:44 AM
    [b] :ph34r:

Good post

I expect to beat the Seahawks and the Rams and I like our chances vs the Steelers this week and we all know playing the Patriots always go down to the wire.

We are in even if we go 2-2 in the last 4 games....you also have to take into consideration that we distanced ourselves from a few teams yesterday regarding the AFC playoff hunt (Broncos-Ravens-Jaguars all lost).

Jets will make the playoffs in 2004. [/b][/quote]
    I think if we beat the Steelers this week that gives us a ton of momentum. Take that momentum to beat the Seahawks and Pats (Note Pats are playing on a short week after playing MNF @ Miami. Plus the deal with difficulty on back to back road games). and the Jets could win out and hit the playoffs with the momentum of a loaded freight train!

I think the media just looks at next week as "Steelers at 11-1 and playing at home" and are thus unbeatable. But watching the game last night, they're very much like the Jets. Strong defense, good running game, and a passing game based upon not making mistakes. I'm not going to come out and proclaim a Jets victory, but I think its very possible. I think win or lose, its close. Pittsburgh isn't going to blow anyone out.

I'll reserve judgement on Seattle until after tonight, as I havent seen them much this year, but I know Darrell Jackson has been dropping a lot of passes, as my fantasy football team will attest, and I'm thinking they're more than beatable as a home game. The key there will be to hold Alexander to 100 yards or less (not easy), but if Koren Robinson is still suspended, that helps defending the passing game.

New England on 12/26 will be an excellent game, again, win or lose, it should be close.

St Louis, like Seattle, seems beatable as well, even on the road.

I agree that the next 4 weeks WILL show us something about this team, as its 2 games that a playoff team should win without question (Seattle and St. Louis), and 2 games that will make a statement about who this team can hang with (NE and Pitt).

We have lost 3 games by a total of 14 points, and two of the losses were basically without Chad. We are in EVERY game until the end. I think we will win at least one more game handily and another one or two nailbiters. The types of games that the Jets have played make them a dangerous playoff team. They stay in it until the end and don't come apart if they are losing.

Hall Of Fame

also does not look like Plaxico Burres will play for the Steelers next week...his hammy is still hurt.

Seahawks does not worry me nor does the Rams.

Rookie
    Do you guys think it is fair that we could very well be a 13-3 wild card road team, while an 11-5 falcons team will get a bye?

Man, playing in the JV must be nice!

this 4 games will prove if we are a real team or just for show!!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

the schedule looked more brutal towards the beginning of the year. Seattle was the cream of the NFC coming into the season and St. Louis started off the season very well. Now, with what we have learned from the first 3/4 of the season, going 3-1 in these four games is not at all unlikely.

we very well can be a 12-4 or 13-3 wild card team with an 11-5 division team. seems unfair, but we weren't complaining when we spanked the Colts on our mud track in the playoffs despite their better record.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JETSJetsJetsJets[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] Do you guys think it is fair that we could very well be a 13-3 wild card road team, while an 11-5 falcons team will get a bye?

[/b][/quote]

If you would have won the AFCE, you would get a bye.

But you didn't.

Stop whinning.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JETSJetsJetsJets[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] Do you guys think it is fair that we could very well be a 13-3 wild card road team, while an 11-5 falcons team will get a bye?

[/b][/quote]

But you didn&#39;t.

Stop whinning. [/b][/quote]
    Just like when your team lost a tiebreaker for the division...You didn&#39;t whine about that much did you?

You are such a baby it is unbelievable. There was a day that your act was sharp, funny and amusing. Unfortunately for all of us that was many years ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JETSJetsJetsJets[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 AM

[/b][/quote]

But you didn&#39;t.

Stop whinning. [/b][/quote]
    Hey those are the rules. Sometimes they help you, some times they hurt you. We are not the first team to have this happen and will not be the last. We play in a tough division. 2 teams are definitely over .500 for the year and the Bills have a chance to be. That&#39;s life and life isn&#39;t fair.