Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This final 4 game stretch

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ...that is why divisional games are so important and coaches preach this over and over again ... we have a tough division with the defending superbowl champs ... our team is very talented and we were setting up for a huge game against the pats dec. 26 th ... we slipped bad against the bills however and need a miracle from the fins to have any chance to have a chance at our division...

...we still should be able to make some noise in the playoffs this year ... we have proven to be one of, if not the, best road team in the nfl since edwards took over ... it will pay off big for us this year...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have to win on the road in two of the toughest places to win on the road, against two teams they are historical putrid against, and the other two games are at home against a Seahawks team that still controls its own destiny, and a Pats team that is playing for homefield throughout.

4-0? Are you insane?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:11 AM
    [b] is not as tough as everyone makes it out to be. I mean people (mostly the press)are calling it brutal, killer. I think these guys take what news is hot w/o actually giving their opinions or giving their own thoughts. There are two good teams and two very beatable teams. We have had much harder schedules to finish the year in '02, '00 and '98. The way it seems its like the hardest finish to a schedule of all time. [/b][/quote]
    I think its a pretty tough close. The only game which shouldn't be that hard is the Seahawks especially if they go and lose again in the next 2 weeks. Both the Steelers and Pats have one loss each and the Rams are always a tough game on the road. This is easily as hard as 2000(and we all saw how that ended up) and much harder than the two other years you mentioned.

I'm really interested to see how we match up with Pittsburgh who is a much better home team than road team and has been killing teams in Pittsburgh. Both advantages in the ground game should be neutralized and I think it becomes a question of our short pass game beating up their blitz for big yardage. Matchup wise we can win this game, but it will probably be the hardest game we have had of the year.

But to say its the media making our schedule seem tough when our opponents are a combined .717 win % is kind of silly. We could just as easiy go 1-3 as we could 3-1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:47 AM
    [b] :ph34r:

You feel we will learn alot about the Jets in the last FOUR games of the season? :huh:

. [/b][/quote]
    Absolutely freak, the Jets are a good team but how good is what we should find out in the next four weeks.

Being without Abe atleast one week will definitely be a obstacle they will need to overcome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JETSJetsJetsJets[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] Do you guys think it is fair that we could very well be a 13-3 wild card road team, while an 11-5 falcons team will get a bye?

[/b][/quote]

If you would have won the AFCE, you would get a bye.

But you didn&#39;t.

Stop whinning. [/b][/quote]
    You haven&#39;t won any sort of division title yet. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JETSJetsJetsJets[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 AM
    [b] Do you guys think it is fair that we could very well be a 13-3 wild card road team, while an 11-5 falcons team will get a bye?

[/b][/quote]

If you would have won the AFCE, you would get a bye.

But you didn&#39;t.

Stop whinning. [/b][/quote]
    You haven&#39;t won it yet ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media pretty much looks at the teams record and the way they&#39;ve been playing and they don&#39;t take into consideration that any team can beat another team on any given Sunday.

We&#39;re playing well (even without Chad) so why don&#39;t we get any recognition. I guess that Chad and the rest of the JETS team will have to make another big statement this weekend.