Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Robertson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus, you guys see him in there yesterday? The man was everywhere. In the backfield, moving laterally down the line, angling to make plays. He looks great in there. It's nice to see him finally coming on strong.

I think yesterday may have been his best game as a NY Jet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100%, I was going to post something similar. Also Mark Brown has filled in admirably for Hobson, we have not missed a beat on D, and Hobson was playing very well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:07 AM
    [b] Jesus, you guys see him in there yesterday? The man was everywhere. In the backfield, moving laterally down the line, angling to make plays. He looks great in there. It's nice to see him finally coming on strong.

I think yesterday may have been his best game as a NY Jet. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Guns what happened to the "Steaming pile of dookie" thread?????Just busting your balls buddy..busting your balls

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :ph34r:

I have been payingh close attention to D Robs play for the last few games and the man is just blasting the O Linemen backwards week in and week out. He is going to be a special player.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And he will get even better.....All pro next year....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LockeJet

the way D Rob has inproved in ONE year...I have to agree with you there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely agree....the man has become a force and is always involved in the play. he gets double teamed on most plays but never is out of it. even last week he made a tackle on the RB from behind.

the D-Train is moving on all cylinders.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best 'Trade ups' ever!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have to say that the play of B Thomas of late has been pretty good...the man is friggin fast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:23 AM
    [b] :ph34r:

I also have to say that the play of B Thomas of late has been pretty good...the man is friggin fast. [/b][/quote]
    Yes B Thomas has definitely improved as well. Although I realize drafting him in rd 1 was debatable (Ed Reed anyone?), I still think the idea of his drafting was a good one. Abe seems to get injured a lot so to have a solid backup is really comforting. Thomas seems to be very active and can get pressure as well...not as much as Abe but still pretty good pressure. If abe were to miss a game or two, I think the D would still be very tough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree but i would still like to see him got more sacks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When they lock up Abe, our D corp is set with young fast players for a couple of years.
    Drob
    Vilma
    Hobson
    E Coleman
    Ellis
    Abe.

Sweet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b] One of the best 'Trade ups' ever! [/b][/quote]

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM
    [b] Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him. [/b][/quote]
    You are asking for a bit much from a guy who is only in his 2nd year.
    He is getting there, and thats all that matters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b] One of the best &#39;Trade ups&#39; ever&#33; [/b][/quote]

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him. [/b][/quote]
    Wow...you are getting ridiculous. Trade-ups occur all the time. Does every player drafted top 5 via a trade up go to 5 or 6 pro bowls and win player of the year? Absolutely not. You trade up to get an impact player, and that is EXACTLY what the Jets got.

That being said, I&#39;ll take the over on 5 pro bowls for Dewayne any day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him. [/b][/quote]
    Tx, that is a blanket statement that cannot be applied in this case, without Robertson the Jets would still have a gapping hole in the middle of their D line, he was the best player, at that position, when the Jets needed him most. I don&#39;t need him to be a hall of famer, but it would be icing on the cake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are the Pats fans and their Vince Wilfork -Dwayne Robertson comparisons.........?

Yea..., WE didnt think so&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FlaJet023+Dec 6 2004, 11:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlaJet023 @ Dec 6 2004, 11:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:07 AM
    [b] Jesus, you guys see him in there yesterday? The man was everywhere. In the backfield, moving laterally down the line, angling to make plays. He looks great in there. It&#39;s nice to see him finally coming on strong.

I think yesterday may have been his best game as a NY Jet. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Guns what happened to the "Steaming pile of dookie" thread?????Just busting your balls buddy..busting your balls [/b][/quote]
    Those have thankfully been put to bed.

He&#39;s truly turned things around this year and is really starting to come around. In the past few weeks, especially yesterday, the man was EVERYWHERE.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX &#064; Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him.[/b][/quote]
    well then talk to us in 5 or 6 years

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by EZV+Dec 6 2004, 11:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (EZV @ Dec 6 2004, 11:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM
    [b]<!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him.[/b][/quote]
    well then talk to us in 5 or 6 years [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunatly, he will...