Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Robertson

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 10:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 10:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b] One of the best &#39;Trade ups&#39; ever&#33; [/b][/quote]

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him. [/b][/quote]
    ur on crack, the draft is such a gamble you NEVER know what you get, giving up 2 or 3 picks makes no difference as long as you get a player that makes a difference. And besides Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman for Drob is a trade i would make in a sec as the jets. As of today i think its a geneus trade up.

And P.S. i would like to say that i have had many posts flamed here for asking u guys to give this kid time (I.E. TomShane) but its good to see this thread. Loved the trade on draft day and still loving it now.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b]
    Tx, that is a blanket statement that cannot be applied in this case, without Robertson the Jets would still have a gapping hole in the middle of their D line, he was the best player, at that position, when the Jets needed him most. I don&#39;t need him to be a hall of famer, but it would be icing on the cake. [/b][/quote]

Look, the guy will have a great career, no doubt about it.

All I&#39;m saying is for the Jets to realize their investment, this guy has to play consistently at a Pro Bowl level.

He needs to be a player where other OC&#39;s adjust their game plan because of his presence.

Taking on 2 blockers and taking up space at the LOS is not what it is about. You can get an aging vet at minimum price to do that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:02 PM
    [b]

Taking on 2 blockers and taking up space at the LOS is not what it is about. You can get an aging vet at minimum price to do that. [/b][/quote]
    We disagree here, but in addition to what you said above, he is making plays while taking on 2 guys. Don&#39;t for one second think that Robertson, (and Fergy for that matter) have had nothing to do with the big spash Vilma is making in the middle. Robertson&#39;s contribution was underestimated last year, and he is doing even mor now.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:02 PM
    [b] All I&#39;m saying is for the Jets to realize their investment, this guy has to play consistently at a Pro Bowl level.
    [/b][/quote]
    and when (not if) that happens will you finally shut the hell up and admit he&#39;s a fantastic player that the JETS did not overpay for?

ps- when is the last time a DT got Defensive MVP honors? that&#39;s not realistic to expect it to happen to DRob "multiple times" -

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:11 PM
    [b]
    We disagree here, but in addition to what you said above, he is making plays while taking on 2 guys. Don&#39;t for one second think that Robertson, (and Fergy for that matter) have had nothing to do with the big spash Vilma is making in the middle. Robertson&#39;s contribution was underestimated last year, and he is doing even mor now. [/b][/quote]

That was a good post.

You are 100% accurate.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:13 PM
    [b]
    and when (not if) that happens will you finally shut the hell up and admit he&#39;s a fantastic player that the JETS did not overpay for?

[/b][/quote]

Yes

Jets Insider VIP
    When do they announce the probowl players for this year? It is soon right? Week 16?

Hall Of Fame
    I think we&#39;re really starting to see what Bradway and Company were thinking when they traded up for this guy. I&#39;ll agree with TX from the standpoint that when you trade two #1s for a player you expect something more of that player than compared to others and until recently we hadn&#39;t really seen that &#39;explosion&#39;.

On the other side of the coin, it&#39;s been a long held belief that DT is not only one of the hardest positions to step into, but also takes the longest for said DT to really find his groove.

DROB has appeared to have found it and not only is it starting to pay dividends as far as his play is concerned, it is having an immediate and influentual impact of the players around him, specifically Fergie and Vilma.

After all the preseason bashing I laid on, I&#39;m a believer now. #63 is really becoming a player and I for one, am happy to see it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 12:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:11 PM
    [b]
    We disagree here, but in addition to what you said above, he is making plays while taking on 2 guys. Don&#39;t for one second think that Robertson, (and Fergy for that matter) have had nothing to do with the big spash Vilma is making in the middle. Robertson&#39;s contribution was underestimated last year, and he is doing even mor now. [/b][/quote]

That was a good post.

You are 100% accurate. [/b][/quote]
    :o

thanks

B)

[quote][i]Originally posted by HitSomeone41[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] Where are the Pats fans and their Vince Wilfork -Dwayne Robertson comparisons.........?

Yea..., WE didnt think so&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, Vince Wilfork, in his "ROOKIE YEAR", in "PART TIME DUTY" has:
    TKS Sacks FF
    28 3 2

Now the great DRob in his 2ND YEAR, Full TIME DUTY:
    TKS Sacks FF
    44 3 1

Yeah, you got a great steal there, :lol: :lol: :lol: Jet fans can convince themselves of anything, :lol: :lol:

Shasta:

You are a tool.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, [/b][/quote]

Wilfork= pure #22 draft selection.

DFat= two 1st&#39;s and a 4th draft selection.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I second that. He&#39;s getting better every game. He looks fantastic&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 01:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 01:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, [/b][/quote]

Wilfork= pure #22 draft selection.

DFat= two 1st&#39;s and a 4th draft selection.

:blink: :blink: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Whatever we did, we currently have the number 1 defense in the nfl with the fewest points allowed.

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Dec 6 2004, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mmckiernan[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:21 AM
    [b] One of the best &#39;Trade ups&#39; ever&#33; [/b][/quote]

Until he makes 5 or 6 Pro Bowls, a couple Defensive Player of the Year Awards, he will never be worth what the Jets gave up for him. [/b][/quote]
    Shut up jackass, get a life.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b]
    Shut up jackass, get a life. [/b][/quote]

Ah, the Jets resident village idiot pipes up with another solid post.

Go watch your black & white beta max of the Jets last Super Bowl appearance. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by the Vinman[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:14 PM
    [b] Shasta:

You are a tool. [/b][/quote]
    Great response, you must make other Jet fans proud. :lol: By the way here&#39;s more information for you to ignore:

Ty Warren DT
    Tks Sks FF
    39 6 1

Once again, way to work the Draft :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Listen silly rabbit, SACKS are not the only way to judge a defensive player. He can also be judged by penetration at the point of attack, his ability to disrupt an offensive play, his tenacity towards the ball, solo tackels etc. While fans love sacks I repeat they are NOT the only or crucial measure of greatness or GastinME would have been considered far superior to Klecko. Indeed most fans on this board would say Klecko was the superior player and that GastinMe while special was NOT klecko. For sacks when they are record just indicate the individual who did them and not the team effort that permitted that individual achivement. That is what makes football a great game because it truly is a TEAM game.

Furthermore, hmmmmm interesting when Herm Edwards was touting Dee-Rob for the pro-bowl most of you were saying he had LOST his mind now most of you are saying that Dee-Rob has a chance not at just one pro-bowl but mutiple apperances as well.

[quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 01:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta &#064; Dec 6 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the Vinman[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:14 PM
    [b] Shasta:

You are a tool. [/b][/quote]
    Great response, you must make other Jet fans proud. :lol: By the way here&#39;s more information for you to ignore:

Ty Warren DT
    Tks Sks FF
    39 6 1

Once again, way to work the Draft :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    a couple points to make here.

1) Stats are all but meaningless for the DT or NT position.

2) Ty Warren plays and has played mostly end. He is listed as the Pats starting Left End. You should be comparing his stats to someone like Ellis and not Robertson. Care to make that comparison?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

patsfantx again with your idiocy

how many interior d linemen out there cause OC&#39;s to make game plan changes? :blink: The man is in his second year and would have been a senior in college....for him to be where he is thus far bodes well for the Jets.

You then talked about trading up etc....what of those two players that the Jets could have gotten? Is there a guarantee that they would have panned out in the crap shoot called the NFL draft.

Every posts by you says the same thing....how the Jets are bad...how our draft picks are not very good etc.

Fact is D Rob is younger then Wilfolk and he&#39;s also light years ahead of him regarding his play.