Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: Dwayne Robertson

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:52 PM
    [b]

    Every posts by you says the same thing....how the Jets are bad...how our draft picks are not very good etc.

    [/b][/quote]

    freak,

    I'm just stating facts.

    Jets haven't been to a Super Bowl in 35+ years.

    Other than this year, the Jet drafts have been in the lower 25% of the NFL.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    PatsFan I still remember when you were defending Pete Carrol and saying that the team hadn't quit on him...Hmmmmmmm if people were still following your advice mumbles wouldn't have become coach and Patsie fans wouldn't be able to say the funny things you say. YOU CARD, YOU!!!!!! Good Grief!!!!!

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Charlie Brown[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:32 PM
    [b] PatsFan I still remember when you were defending Pete Carrol and saying that the team hadn't quit on him...Hmmmmmmm [/b][/quote]

    Ah Charlie, did Lucy pop you in the head again?

    I was a huge critic of the Pete Carroll era in New England.

    Nice guy, out of his league in the NFL (just like Hermy).

    You have me confused with someone else.

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Just for s#its and giggles,why is a Patriots fan living the dream,worrying about who`s coaching the Jets.Dude,your team has won 2 of the last 3 superbowls,why aren`t you walking into walls stupidly or walking around like a fellow who just got laid by his best friend`s girl.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    NaH I remembered just busting your chops. You actually have been a SANE pastie fan in the mane. But I just don't see how you can bust on Dee-Rob when he has been a significant contributor to the Jets defensive turn around .

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Charlie Brown[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:47 PM
    [b] NaH I remembered just busting your chops. You actually have been a SANE pastie fan in the mane. But I just don't see how you can bust on Dee-Rob when he has been a significant contributor to the Jets defensive turn around . [/b][/quote]

    Yo Snoopy,

    DFat is playing well this year.

    Read what I said earlier, he will have a great career.

    If that's what you call busting on a player, get some thicker skin. ;)

  7. #47
    anyone who doesnt see that Drob is playing like a monster right now is in denial.

    The guys one of the youngest players in the league and hes on the verge of being dominant.

    Period.

  8. #48
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:52 PM
    [b] :ph34r:

    patsfantx again with your idiocy

    how many interior d linemen out there cause OC's to make game plan changes? :blink: The man is in his second year and would have been a senior in college....for him to be where he is thus far bodes well for the Jets.

    You then talked about trading up etc....what of those two players that the Jets could have gotten? Is there a guarantee that they would have panned out in the crap shoot called the NFL draft.

    Every posts by you says the same thing....how the Jets are bad...how our draft picks are not very good etc.

    Fact is D Rob is younger then Wilfolk and he's also light years ahead of him regarding his play. [/b][/quote]
    Jets freak Wilfork is 22 years old, and has already blown D Busts rookie performance out of the water in part time duty. Jet fans are out of their minds, D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go.

  9. #49
    shasta...who are you?

    stop being a clown.

    Youre loser on a jets board.


    sorry

  10. #50
    hey why don't you pats fans come back with a list of 310 pound DTs who can run a 4.8 on other teams... Seymour is one of em and you can count the rest on 1 hand - he's the perfect DT body type - also i have to scoff that say the JETS overpaid - 1 DRob is worth more than 2 first round busts and a 4th round busts - it's one thing to talk about picks before the draft but after the draft these picks translate into real people, specifically Ty Warren, Rex Grossman and a backup DT on Chigago... none of these guys (and none of the guys left on the board after #4) have the upside of Dewayne Robertson... a case could be made that he was actually the #1 prospect of that 2003 draft class - Saints had him ranked as such on their draft board, for example...

  11. #51
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go. [/b][/quote]
    You are proving yourself once again to be a moron. Keep it up.

  12. #52
    Hey, atleast we didn't trade up for Kyle Boller.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    DRob is playing well, can't argue that....

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ Dec 6 2004, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HitSomeone41[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] Where are the Pats fans and their Vince Wilfork -Dwayne Robertson comparisons.........?

    Yea..., WE didnt think so&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, Vince Wilfork, in his "ROOKIE YEAR", in "PART TIME DUTY" has:
    TKS Sacks FF
    28 3 2

    Now the great DRob in his 2ND YEAR, Full TIME DUTY:
    TKS Sacks FF
    44 3 1


    Yeah, you got a great steal there, :lol: :lol: :lol: Jet fans can convince themselves of anything, :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re actually measuring a DT&#39;s value in his stats? Surely you know the folly of judging a DT by individual statistics. However, things like the Jets allowing 99.8 ypg would seem to imply Robertson&#39;s been making a significant impact. As well as allowing 191.1 passing ypg. Also, you know, the Jets allowing the fewest PPG in the NFL is kinda cool.

  15. #55
    [quote][i]Originally posted by the Vinman+Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (the Vinman @ Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go. [/b][/quote]
    You are proving yourself once again to be a moron. Keep it up. [/b][/quote]
    Dude as much as you want to belive D Bust is great, doesn&#39;t make it so. Nobody outside of Jet fans thinks D Bust anything more than a stop-gap player and first round bust. Jets fans see what they want to always, for example at the Pats Jets game in foxbro, there were a few Jets fans sitting behind us, all they kept saying for the whole game was " wow Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;". My section was laughing so hard you couldn&#39;t even watch the game. 2 yard completion to Sowell, " WoW Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;" :lol: :lol: :lol:

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In Kicking Pats-a$$ country
    Posts
    874
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 02:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ Dec 6 2004, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by the Vinman@Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go. [/b][/quote]
    You are proving yourself once again to be a moron. Keep it up. [/b][/quote]
    Dude as much as you want to belive D Bust is great, doesn&#39;t make it so. Nobody outside of Jet fans thinks D Bust anything more than a stop-gap player and first round bust. Jets fans see what they want to always, for example at the Pats Jets game in foxbro, there were a few Jets fans sitting behind us, all they kept saying for the whole game was " wow Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;". My section was laughing so hard you couldn&#39;t even watch the game. 2 yard completion to Sowell, " WoW Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;" :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Way to be delusional Shasta. I&#39;m sure you can ask anyone, D-Rob has improved greatly since last year. But yeah go on belieiving he&#39;s no good. Hopefully the Pats players take the same approach 12/26.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    1,494
    Player team sacks tackles

    D. Robertson NYJ 2.5 43
    J. Ferguson NYJ 3.5 43

    R. Seymour NE 4 32


    Enough said&#33; Now quit crossing your legs.......you&#39;re cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain. :lol:

  18. #58
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ Dec 6 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by the Vinman@Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go. [/b][/quote]
    You are proving yourself once again to be a moron. Keep it up. [/b][/quote]
    Dude as much as you want to belive D Bust is great, doesn&#39;t make it so. Nobody outside of Jet fans thinks D Bust anything more than a stop-gap player and first round bust. Jets fans see what they want to always, for example at the Pats Jets game in foxbro, there were a few Jets fans sitting behind us, all they kept saying for the whole game was " wow Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;". My section was laughing so hard you couldn&#39;t even watch the game. 2 yard completion to Sowell, " WoW Chad&#39;s on fire&#33;&#33;&#33;" :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    WOw.....When i went to NE last year my entire section was bashing Tom Brady and saying how they should have never let Bledsoe go.

    This is after your 1st SB.

    What&#39;s that tell you about the fans at the game?

  19. #59
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TexJet[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] Player team sacks tackles

    D. Robertson NYJ 2.5 43
    J. Ferguson NYJ 3.5 43

    R. Seymour NE 4 32


    Enough said&#33; Now quit crossing your legs.......you&#39;re cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You forgot to throw in Warrens 40 Tkls and 6 sacks. ;)

  20. #60
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 01:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta &#064; Dec 6 2004, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-HitSomeone41[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] Where are the Pats fans and their Vince Wilfork -Dwayne Robertson comparisons.........?

    Yea..., WE didnt think so&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, Vince Wilfork, in his "ROOKIE YEAR", in "PART TIME DUTY" has:
    TKS Sacks FF
    28 3 2

    Now the great DRob in his 2ND YEAR, Full TIME DUTY:
    TKS Sacks FF
    44 3 1


    Yeah, you got a great steal there, :lol: :lol: :lol: Jet fans can convince themselves of anything, :lol: :lol:[/b][/quote]
    I tape the Patriot Games and find time during the week to watch them so I&#39;ll add a few observations to yours on these two players.

    - Wilfork and Drob both are on the field similar amounts of time. Both teams rotate their DT, so that point has no truth to it. Wilfolk also comes in as a DE a lot, where incidentally, it&#39;s easier to rack up stats.

    - Drob is doubled teamed more than any player on either the Jets or the Patriots. That goes for Seymour too.

    There was an interesting sequence of plays in yesterdays game. On every snap Drob was drawing two blockers. Ferguson playing next to him was being blocked by one man. Drob rotates out and Reed takes his place. Suddenly, Ferguson is being blocked by two men and Reed has one man on him. What does that tell you.

    I&#39;m glad some of the national writers are beginning to pick up on this. John Clayton in a recent article wrote "Robertson has drawn enough double-team blocks to make Jason Ferguson a lot of money this offseason as a free agent."

    Next:

    If you&#39;re going to base your viewpoint on statistics it might be a good idea to know what they are. LOL

    Drobs stats:
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6340]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/prof...le?statsId=6340[/url]

    TKS .... Sacks .... FF .... Tackle for loss
    44 ......... 3 ......... 1 ........... 4

    Wilfolk stats:
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6780]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/prof...le?statsId=6780[/url]

    TKS .... Sacks ... FF ... Tackle for loss
    26 ......... 2 ....... 0 .......... 0

    I might add that Wilfolk&#39;s first sack wasn&#39;t exactly impressive. It happened during your first game against Buffalo. NFL.com records it this way:

    2-8-BUF21 (7:28) D.Bledsoe sacked at BUF 20 for -1 yards (V.Wilfork).
    PENALTY on NE-T.Warren, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 20.

    The Patriots put on a good pass rush except Wilfork who couldn&#39;t get off the LOS. Bledsoe who is avoiding the rush begins to scramble. Ty Warren smacks him in the head making him spin around and stumble forward awkwardly. Wilfork, in the right place at the right time, catches Bledsoe as he&#39;s falling to the ground. It&#39;s recorded as a big one yard loss but actually Bledsoe gained a 1/2 yard. A bad spot of the ball gave Wilfolk his first NFL sack. LOL

    Next:

    Who&#39;s saying Wilfolk is bad except you? If having 50% better statistics than Wilfolk makes Drob a bad player what does that say about Wilfolk?

    Finally:

    Let&#39;s compare Drob&#39;s numbers with his Pro Bowl competition:

    M. Stroud JAC
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    40 ........ 4 ........ 0

    S. Adams BUF
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    29 ........ 1 ........ 0

    A. Haynesworth TEN
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    32 ........ 1 ........ 0

    J. Henderson JAC
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    52 ....... 3.5 ...... 0

    R. Seymour NE
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    32 ........ 4 ........ 1

    G. Warren CLE
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    11 ........ 3 ........ 0

    T. Washington OAK
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    32 ........ 1 ........ 0

    P. Williams BUF
    TKS ... Sacks ... FF
    35 ....... 1.5 ...... 1

    Drob is consistently double teamed freeing up the other Jet lineman and linebackers; he has the 2nd most tackles amongst all the other notable DT&#39;s; he has one less sack, and as many forced fumbles.

    Certainly Drob is right in the mix.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us