Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dwayne Robertson

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Nails+Dec 6 2004, 04:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Nails @ Dec 6 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by shasta@Dec 6 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b]<!--QuoteBegin-HitSomeone41[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] Where are the Pats fans and their Vince Wilfork -Dwayne Robertson comparisons.........?

Yea..., WE didnt think so&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol:Are you kidding??? You guys are such fools :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok let go over this one more time, Vince Wilfork, in his "ROOKIE YEAR", in "PART TIME DUTY" has:
    TKS Sacks FF
    28 3 2

Now the great DRob in his 2ND YEAR, Full TIME DUTY:
    TKS Sacks FF
    44 3 1

Yeah, you got a great steal there, :lol: :lol: :lol: Jet fans can convince themselves of anything, :lol: :lol:[/b][/quote]
    I tape the Patriot Games and find time during the week to watch them so I&#39;ll add a few observations to yours on these two players.

- Wilfork and Drob both are on the field similar amounts of time. Both teams rotate their DT, so that point has no truth to it. Wilfolk also comes in as a DE a lot, where incidentally, it&#39;s easier to rack up stats.

- Drob is doubled teamed more than any player on either the Jets or the Patriots. That goes for Seymour too.

There was an interesting sequence of plays in yesterdays game. On every snap Drob was drawing two blockers. Ferguson playing next to him was being blocked by one man. Drob rotates out and Reed takes his place. Suddenly, Ferguson is being blocked by two men and Reed has one man on him. What does that tell you.

I&#39;m glad some of the national writers are beginning to pick up on this. John Clayton in a recent article wrote "Robertson has drawn enough double-team blocks to make Jason Ferguson a lot of money this offseason as a free agent."

Next:

If you&#39;re going to base your viewpoint on statistics it might be a good idea to know what they are. LOL

Drobs stats:
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6340]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/prof...le?statsId=6340[/url]

TKS Sacks FF Tackle for loss
    44 3 1 4

Wilfolk stats:
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6780]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/prof...le?statsId=6780[/url]

TKS Sacks FF Tackle for loss
    28 2 0 0

I might add that Wilfolk&#39;s first sack wasn&#39;t exactly impressive. It happened during your first game against Buffalo. NFL.com records it this way:

2-8-BUF21 (7:28) D.Bledsoe sacked at BUF 20 for -1 yards (V.Wilfork).
    PENALTY on NE-T.Warren, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 20.

The Patriots put on a good pass rush except Wilfork who couldn&#39;t get off the LOS. Bledsoe who is avoiding the rush begins to scramble. Ty Warren smacks him in the head making him spin around and stumble forward awkwardly. Wilfork, in the right place at the right time, catches Bledsoe as he&#39;s falling to the ground. It&#39;s recorded as a big one yard loss but actually Bledsoe gained a 1/2 yard. A bad spot of the ball gave Wilfolk his first NFL sack. LOL

Next:

Who&#39;s saying Wilfolk is bad except you? If having 50% better statistics than Wilfolk makes Drob a bad player what does that say about Wilfolk?

Finally:

Let&#39;s compare Drob&#39;s numbers with his Pro Bowl competition:

M. Stroud JAC
    TKS Sacks FF
    40 4 0

S. Adams BUF
    TKS Sacks FF
    29 1 0

A. Haynesworth TEN
    TKS Sacks FF
    32 1 0

J. Henderson JAC
    TKS Sacks FF
    52 3.5 0

R. Seymour NE
    TKS Sacks FF
    32 4 1

G. Warren CLE
    TKS Sacks FF
    11 3 0

T. Washington OAK
    TKS Sacks FF
    32 1 0

P. Williams BUF
    TKS Sacks FF
    35 1.5 1

Drob is consistently double teamed freeing up the other Jet lineman and linebackers; he has the 2nd most tackles amongst all the other notable DT&#39;s; he has one less sack, and as many forced fumbles.

Certainly Drob is right in the mix. [/b][/quote]
    Hey shasta...You just got JACKED UP&#33;&#33;&#33;

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the above post "nails" the case closed B)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hummm, I do not profess to be a Pats expert, but doesn&#39;t Ty play primarily at DE? I was strictly contrasting the play of our interior lineman. Obviously, we play different defenses, again, my point was the stats of our DT&#39;s only. But good try&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by the Vinman+Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (the Vinman @ Dec 6 2004, 02:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shasta[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] D bust is average at best :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the dream go. [/b][/quote]
    You are proving yourself once again to be a moron. Keep it up. [/b][/quote]

[SIZE=3]you are definetly the biggest dumbass on this entire message board[/SIZE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    great post nails.

BUT GERARD WARREN??? WTF&#33;?? LMFAO, that guy sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Embarrased by Nails.

GReat post Nails

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shasta+Dec 6 2004, 04:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shasta @ Dec 6 2004, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TexJet[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] Player team sacks tackles

D. Robertson NYJ 2.5 43
    J. Ferguson NYJ 3.5 43

R. Seymour NE 4 32

Enough said&#33; Now quit crossing your legs.......you&#39;re cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You forgot to throw in Warrens 40 Tkls and 6 sacks. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Can&#39;t you read? Warren plays DE not DT. Why compare 2 different positions?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rsherryjr+Dec 6 2004, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rsherryjr @ Dec 6 2004, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by shasta@Dec 6 2004, 04:14 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-TexJet[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:02 PM
    [b] Player team sacks tackles

D. Robertson NYJ 2.5 43
    J. Ferguson NYJ 3.5 43

R. Seymour NE 4 32

Enough said&#33; Now quit crossing your legs.......you&#39;re cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You forgot to throw in Warrens 40 Tkls and 6 sacks. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Can&#39;t you read? Warren plays DE not DT. Why compare 2 different positions? [/b][/quote]
    because it&#39;s helps his argument.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW Great post Nails.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next, Shasta will be comparing Robertson to Strahan&#39;s lifetime stats..... :blink: